Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: February-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Both Getty

The Prince of Wales took to the cockpit of a £50m fighter jet during a tour of the plant where it is assembled.

Last edited:
Well, the white hat was definetely not Camilla's choice. You can find some details about the Duchess's visit to Lowna dairy farm in this article in hellomagazine.com. The article also includes some pics of the Duchess in the farm, including the one in white hat, where the Duchess shows she's still got great appetite.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/02/08/camilla/

I wonder why the emphasis on Camilla eating at almost every event. Although she seems to be a good sport about participating and taking part in her husband's interests.

I think that both she and Charles want to promote organic food as much as they can and their critics are desperate to say, "I bet they don't eat organic food". This shows that they do and also, it shows their way of doing things. The Queen never eats in public so it's a refreshing change to see them trying things.

I was just reading the criticism of Camilla's white hat. I agree with someone who said it was a required head covering at that stop (meat processing plant?). And I thought her coat looked like a lab coat or a smock.

Does anybody remember the awful get-up they made Sophie wear when she went to a seafood processing plant this past year?

Following new EU rules all people in a food preparation area have to don the white coat and a hairnet or a hat such as Camilla's wearing. It looks terrible but it stops Camilla's hair being discovered in a box of fish fingers.

Well, it doesn't, though. Most of her hair was still free. I hope it's just the way she happened to be wearing the hat, because if that's as well as it usually works, I'd have to say it doesn't work.

I doubt there was a brave soul at the event, between bowwing and curtesying, making a polite conversation out of: "Uh hum! Ma'am! Your Highness is wearing the hat too high.":p :D :D

Elspeth said:
Well, it doesn't, though. Most of her hair was still free. I hope it's just the way she happened to be wearing the hat, because if that's as well as it usually works, I'd have to say it doesn't work.

Unless they have a hairnet attached they are pretty useless. If you look at the headgear a chef wears, it is not going to stop anything falling in your soup.:D

Poor Charles, he goes to look at the new Euro Fighter and no one comments.
I thought he really looked as if he was enjoying himself, like any little boy, playing with a plane.:D

Skydragon said:
I thought he really looked as if he was enjoying himself, like any little boy, playing with a plane.:D
I'm sure it brings back found memories.

Did anybody see the picture, Camilla signed at her last event? It seems to be an official photo. But where are her wedding and engagement ring? This outfit I saw at last before her wedding. But her hair looks very nice like she wears it now. Don`t know...

Corbis had this picture signed by Camilla during a visit to the dairy.

It looks like a nice official picture of Camilla

Has anyone seen a bigger version? And is there one with Camilla and Charles?

Source: Corbis

Attachments

• EN-42-16373808.jpg
    EN-42-16373808.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 365
article from el semanal digital, translated with free translation.com. it can be seen here:

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/fdi/arts/15019.asp

The eccentric German designer Karl Lagerfeld, intimate friend of Carolina of Monaco, is loved and feared at the same time by saying what thinks without being walked never with reservations.
In this occasion attacked against the mother of the princes Guillermo and Enrique and accused the princess Diana of Wales of to have been "foolish", and added that the second wife of the prince Carlos, the duchess of Cornwall, "is intelligent and more sensitive".
The stylist, of 67 years, said besides that is very surprised by the adoration that continue feeling the British by the "stupid" princess of Wales, and clarified that Stretcher "is amusing and very intelligent".
"Diana was pretty and sweet, but a stupid one", insisted Lagerfield in an interview with the magazine New York Magazine. "What happens is that the people does not have neither idea whose is Camilla. She is the queen of any festival. sHe has spark, she is intelligent, she is willing all, and he is for conceited nothing, neither a bit", he continued.
Lagerfeld leaves well clear that instead of being married first with Diana, "queen of the hearts", should impose its will to the queen Isabel II and to be had married since a first moment with Stretcher".
But Karl Lagerfeld also thought of models, singers and actresses. Clarified that never will work with Christina Eyrie because is a woman "impossible". As for the rumors that Lindsay Lohan could collaborate with him, Lagerfeld said that that is not true. "I prefer to Nicole Kidman and to women of its generation". That is to speak frankly.

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
Stretcher??

Your quote left me laughing! I read the original and all I can figure out is that cama in Spanish is bed and so I wonder if Camila is thought to be some kind of diminuitve form -- small bed -- and so stretcher came up in the translation. Whatever -- a funny translation!

Gladys said:
I was about to ask the same :D Blame it to the translation program ...

I believe it means "duchess". Does anybody can confirm it?

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall on their tour at the University of Derby.

Attachments

• 56817211.jpg
    56817211.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 551
  • 56817216.jpg
    56817216.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 541
  • 56817221.jpg
    56817221.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 535
  • 56817223.jpg
    56817223.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 533
  • 56817228.jpg
    56817228.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 539
  • 56817233.jpg
    56817233.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 537
  • 56817242.jpg
    56817242.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 538
Those are great pics. Thanks for posting them AgnesK.

Gladys said:
I was about to ask the same :D Blame it to the translation program ...

la duquesa Camilla de Cornualles, simply means the Duchess Camilla of Cornwall.
Stretcher simply translates as Camilla.

Images of abaca

Attachments

• 459069.jpg
    459069.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 459070.jpg
    459070.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 178
  • 459071.jpg
    459071.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 459072.jpg
    459072.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 459073.jpg
    459073.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 459074.jpg
    459074.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 241
:) sorry, i didn't have much time to read the whole translation to check for errors, but that was definetely a bad one. poor camilla. it's actually one of those beds they use in hospitals, but it's pronounced camiya, not camilla, as our duchess.
anyway, i thought it was an interesting article.

Alexandria said:
Corbis had this picture signed by Camilla during a visit to the dairy.

It looks like a nice official picture of Camilla

Has anyone seen a bigger version? And is there one with Camilla and Charles?

Source: Corbis
Wow, that looks like an absolutely wonderful picture of Camilla! I'd love to see a larger version of it. Has anyone seen one? It must be quite recent, or maybe it just hasn't been released to the media before.

carlota said:
:) sorry, i didn't have much time to read the whole translation to check for errors, but that was definetely a bad one. poor camilla. it's actually one of those beds they use in hospitals, but it's pronounced camiya, not camilla, as our duchess.
anyway, i thought it was an interesting article.

never mind ;) It gave me a good laugh on a rather stressful day :)

The pics from Abaca are just great. What a happy expression on their faces!

GrandDuchess said:
Wow, that looks like an absolutely wonderful picture of Camilla! I'd love to see a larger version of it. Has anyone seen one? It must be quite recent, or maybe it just hasn't been released to the media before.
I dont think its a new portrait of the Duchess though, it'd be sometimes in 2003, exactly it was the time she attended the Garden Party at Palace of Hollyrood House in July 2003, ause in the picture as someone mentioned that the ring was not her wedding ring or the ring she is wearing atm.But it is a really great portrait of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom