The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
She is the Colonel in Chief of the 4th Battalion of Rifles.

The Queen has been pleased to appoint new Royal Colonels in Chief to the following regiments, after the recent reorganisation of regiments.

It is just the way it is worded in the article. :)
Maybe I misunderstood something. I was judging by this article. it stated that 'The 58-year-old Duchess is said to be "delighted" about her new role as Royal Colonel of the 4th Battalion, The Rifles, but it is her father-in-law Prince Philip who will reportedly be installed as Colonel-In-Chief when the regiment is officially formed in February 2007'

http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/440/2/

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:54 AM

Hmmm. That makes no sense. Then again, The Royalist isn't very trustworthy IMO. I actually watched the opening of the Welsh Parliament and they have completely twisted the account of the day. Using screen shots of random expressions, they've made this elaborate story of discomfort and upset when it was nothing of the sort. Ridiculous.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Hmmm. That makes no sense. Then again, The Royalist isn't very trustworthy IMO. I actually watched the opening of the Welsh Parliament and they have completely twisted the account of the day. Using screen shots of random expressions, they've made this elaborate story of discomfort and upset when it was nothing of the sort. Ridiculous.
Yes, the Royalist is not trustworthy at all, in my opinion. I just thought they would check before writing anything like that.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:24 AM

I've seen so many mistakes. And they are very anti-Camilla so naturally, the mistakes often appear in her stories. The Times wouldn't print the story if it wasn't true - they get that sort of info direct from the Palace. So I would take that as truth. She'll be Colonel in Chief. Maybe 'The Royalist' think that by making up stories it won't happen.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Yes, the Royalist is not trustworthy at all, in my opinion.
Off-topic, but to reinforce the point... The Royalist sometimes has trouble separating fact from anti-Camilla smear. For example, the claim that appeared in these Forums some months ago that Camilla had not only got hold of some of Diana's personal jewels, but had the audacity to flaunt them in public, was sourced from The Royalist. Pure rubbish.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:05 PM

She wore that brooch because of it's Welsh connotations - I quite like it. The children were wearing traditional Welsh dress I think.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Gentry

I just saw on their website that The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall to visit Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India from 20th march - 31st march 2006.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOLEY
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall are to visit Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India from 20th march - 31st march 2006.
The transition is now well underway as the Queen and Prince Philip hand over some of the more taxing duties to Charles and Camilla.
By the end of 2006 Camilla will be very experienced in international travel (and international relations).
Old 03-02-2006, 12:54 PM

Wow. Now there's a trip. Let's hope it all goes well and they continue their success.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Maybe I misunderstood something. I was judging by this article. it stated that 'The 58-year-old Duchess is said to be "delighted" about her new role as Royal Colonel of the 4th Battalion, The Rifles, but it is her father-in-law Prince Philip who will reportedly be installed as Colonel-In-Chief when the regiment is officially formed in February 2007'

It really is all in the wording. If you read the Times article, it says Royal Colonels by battalion and includes,
The Prince of Wales, The Black Watch, 3rd Battalion the Royal Regiment of Scotland; This article from the scotsman confirms that Charles is their Colonel in Chief.
http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...m?id=836122003
Commenting on the decision, regimental secretary Lieutenant Colonel Stephen Lindsay said: "We had put forward two ideas to the palace as to our colonel-in-chief, Prince William and Prince Charles."
They of course got Charles.
The way it is written is very confusing but, theroyalistnet, as some others have said, isn't too worried about the truth!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
She wore that brooch because of it's Welsh connotations - I quite like it. The children were wearing traditional Welsh dress I think.
Yep.

When I was a kid I used to collect dolls dressed in different national costumes, and I remember enough about them to recognise Welsh national dress when I see it.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

As to the Royalist article, there may be a difference between Royal Colonel and Colonel in Chief. There were a whole slew of colonels for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc, and it stands to reason that the whole lot of them might have some sort of uber-Colonel. Doesn't mean the regular colonel appointments didn't happen.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
As to the Royalist article, there may be a difference between Royal Colonel and Colonel in Chief. There were a whole slew of colonels for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc, and it stands to reason that the whole lot of them might have some sort of uber-Colonel. Doesn't mean the regular colonel appointments didn't happen.
Sorry Elspeth but unless Princess Anne and Prince Charles have been demoted to mere Colonels, the royalist article is wrong.:)
Old 03-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

More photos from Getty images
TRH Camilla, Duchess Of Cornwall and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales meet members of the company backstage when they attend The Flying Dutchman Royal Gala performance at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff on March 1, 2006 in Wales. The Prince is Patron of the Welsh National Opera.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56977256.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	230831   Click image for larger version

Name:	56977259.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	230832   Click image for larger version

Name:	56977264.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	230833   Click image for larger version

Name:	56977271.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	230834  

Old 03-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, stands with Marsh Arabs at a reception at Clarence House, in London, Thursday March 2, 2006. They are visiting in a bid to highlight awareness for the plight of Marsh Arabs who live in the south of Iraq

from yahoo/ap
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOLEY
I just saw on their website that The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall to visit Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India from 20th march - 31st march 2006.
That's some really great news! I'll be looking forward to this visit!
Old 03-02-2006, 04:43 PM

It worries me a little but I'm sure security will be top notch.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Britain's Prince Charles to tour Egypt, Saudi Arabia, India

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, will visit Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India during a two-week official tour later this month, Charles' office said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060302...s_060302192901
Old 03-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
What country do you think will benefit the most from the royals' visit?
Old 03-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Courtier

wow that interesting they will visit Egypt .. I can't remember Charles ever visit there before?????? First time or not??? I just wonder....

Thank you

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales, protocol