Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: February-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are becoming one of the busiest royal couples. I think they are doing a great effort to gain the acceptance of their people.

Royal Colonel

From the Prince of Wales Website:

The Duchess is appointed Royal Colonel

The Queen has appointed the Duchess of Cornwall as Royal Colonel of the 4th Battalion The Rifles following the recent reorganisation of the regiments. The Battalion was previously the 2nd Battalion The Royal Green Jackets of which The Queen was Colonel-in-Chief.

"The Duchess of Cornwall is delighted and deeply honoured to have been made Royal Colonel of the 4th Battalion The Rifles."

"As Royal Colonel she will take a close interest in the battalion – she is looking forward to meeting personnel and will have regular briefings with the Commanding Officer."

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/media/01_inthenews/2006/060224_inthenews.html

It appears that Joanne, at The Royalist, isn't so ill informed after all.

http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/439/1/

Mona said:
It appears that Joanne, at The Royalist, isn't so ill informed after all.

Based on the majority of the reports on the website, that is a matter of personal opinion:D .

Apparently with the reorganisation of the Army, a lot of the Colonel in Chief positions that were held by Princess Anne, Prince Charles etc will now be held by HM. Because of the amalgamations there are going to be far fewer regiments and more battalions, so less Colonels-in Chief positions and more Royal Colonels.
Apologies to Elspeth for doubting her and of course Avalon.

Last edited:
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales in Bedfordshire on March 5

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=57011505&cdi=0

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=57011504&cdi=0

57011503.jpg

Im back. My computer turned against me for a couple of weeks but I fixed it. Wow, a lot has happened and changed since I was last on.

Welcome back! We missed you here very much!!! :)
Diana

Charles and Camilla are depicted during the visit of the President of Brazil makes visit to the UK.

57019146.jpg

57019187.jpg

1. Camilla looks GREAT!!!
2. Is that a new tiara?

2. New tiara for her, old tiara for family.

The Honeycomb tiara - formerly worn by the Queen Mother.

BeatrixFan said:

Looks good on her.

Someone has said they think it's been slightly altered for Camilla - the gaps are bigger apparantly but we're only going on a pic inside a car so....

It looks like a different necklace from the usual snake-type effort too.

BeatrixFan said:

Yes, it's that one. Didn't recognize it at first. Thanks a lot, Beatrixfan! :)

I like it and it looks good on her. Not overbearing.

I really like this tiara though I thought I wouldn't from the pics of the tiara by itself.

Camilla looks good in these types of tiaras. They're not likely to get lost in her hair. :D

She wore that same dress tonight too.

Well at least we know her clothes are getting their use. :) sigh. Camilla did look really good in the new tiara. I am so used to her hair any change in her hairstyle just looks odd to me.
I am not trying to start anything, But someone was saying Diana had only one tiara is that true? I am just curious, I honestly don't know. Diana isn't my specialty.

cde said:
I am not trying to start anything, But someone was saying Diana had only one tiara is that true? I am just curious, I honestly don't know. Diana isn't my specialty.
One Royal tiara (the Lovers Knot) and one Spencer tiara (borrowed from her father and then her brother). More detail will be found in the Diana Jewels thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom