Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: February-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kerry said:
Princejohnny25,
I thought I read somewhere that she was 5'5". I'll try to look for it.

I think you are right, she is 5ft 5in.

Skydragon said:
I think you are right, she is 5ft 5in.

Thanks Skydragon. :D I know that the Duchess' height was being compared to First Lady Laura Bush's who stands 5'4" and she stood somewhere between a 1/2 to an 1 inch taller.

Charles and Camilla bring smiles to hospice children

Royal parents Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall brought smiles and laughter to the faces of a host of youngsters when they made an official visit to a children's hospice this week. The couple, who have four children between them, were lending their support to the opening of Shooting Star House, which offers palliative care to children with life-limiting conditions.......

http://hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/02/22/charlescamilla/

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
Charles sent a few copies to close friends. Mark Bolland had a copy and gave it to the press.

That's low!!!

Duchess Of Cornwall

I ALSO LIKE THE FACT THE THE DUCHESS WILL WEAR THE SAME OUTFIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN.:cool:

sophie said:
I ALSO LIKE THE FACT THE THE DUCHESS WILL WEAR THE SAME OUTFIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN.:cool:

She really does seem to wear the same outfit alot. I know that she does not want to be known as a clothes horse (like Diana). Get the Duchess some new clothes!!!!

msleiman said:
She really does seem to wear the same outfit alot. I know that she does not want to be known as a clothes horse (like Diana). Get the Duchess some new clothes!!!!

Trying to be economical I can understand. Or maybe that isn't the right word in her case but the Duchess can mix up her pieces and get away with it.;)

kerry said:
Trying to be economical I can understand. Or maybe that isn't the right word in her case but the Duchess can mix up her pieces and get away with it.;)

Could it be that she is fairly new to the job. It takes time to have outfits designed, fitted and made to everyones satisfaction. Then take into account the unreliable weather we have. Perhaps she has 5 or 6 outfits ready for the summer or heavyweights that it has just been too warm for.
If she had the audacity to have a new outfit for every outing, people would soon start complaining. :)

So true!!!!:D

This is taken from one of the mirror articles, for those who don't know why he writes some of his letters.:)

If Charles meets a little old lady in a care home who's been treated badly he'll make sure the Government knows about it. If he goes to a school and sees that kids are being bullied he'll write to Ruth Kelly. If he's got a complaint about traffic congestion he'll bollock Alistair Darling. And if he believes there's a scandal afoot with GM foods he'll tell the media because he doesn't want it brushed under the carpet

Skydragon said:
This is taken from one of the mirror articles, for those who don't know why he writes some of his letters.:)

If Charles meets a little old lady in a care home who's been treated badly he'll make sure the Government knows about it. If he goes to a school and sees that kids are being bullied he'll write to Ruth Kelly. If he's got a complaint about traffic congestion he'll bollock Alistair Darling. And if he believes there's a scandal afoot with GM foods he'll tell the media because he doesn't want it brushed under the carpet
I can see now why Mr Blair finds Charles's letters "useful", becaus they are useful. Prince Charles makes sure the right people know what's happenning with the Brits, what worries them.
I am all for him. I think it's iportant for the future King of any country, especially the UK, to know what's going on there and try and find means to help.

C and C: Will she also be invited?

I have got a question: If Charles is invited to an event with other Royals is Camilla now allowed to accompany him?

Prince Charles may attend the celebrations in thailand in june, so this may be the first glittering event for the Duchess to mingle with lots of world royals in an official capacity.

It'd be rude to invite him and not her.

I'd think that any invitation he gets to an event where other bring spouses, would also include his spouse. It's just common courtesy, really.

Of course, I mean, Charles made a very big deal when she wasn't invited to a wedding (I think) while she was his partner. Now that she is his wife, I don't think he will take it very well if she was left out.

Ther have been a list of Royals who will be at Swedish King's 60th birthday and the PoW and the DoC representing the Queen are with names on.

Wonderful! I can't wait for that.

Thank you for the answers. I think it is nice that they now can enjoy all events together. It must have been very bad for them that Camilla could not attend the weddings in Spain and Dinamarca and also other events.

I dont think royals have any problem with inviting Camila, maybe Diana's fan will but not them.

Have you got a link to that list HMQueenElizabethII please?

BeatrixFan said:
Have you got a link to that list HMQueenElizabethII please?
Actually it was posted by Jose on The (Swedish) Royal Family's Current event-Part 5 page 3:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/royal-familys-current-events-part-5-a-8145-3.html
prince Charles and his wife Camilla,Crown prince William come to Swedens king Carl Gustafs 60th birthday.....
And i think its quite true source, with that great Celebrations of King Carl Gustav, of course if sending the Duke of Edinburgh, it might be better the Queen has to go as well, so sending Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall and so wonderful with Prince William there:) , is a best choice.

She is the wife of The Prince of Wales and a future Queen Consort. She is invited to everything now that she has appropriate precedence.

msleiman said:

well, i agree that she could do with more outfits than she has. but c'mon she is not nearly as bad as Victoria of Sweden in the clothes recycling department.

I think this is probably a conscious choice by her and PR people to play up her "earthy" image. she doesnt want people to think she cares much about clothes and the best way to create that impression is to recycle outfits. often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom