Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 11: January-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to the Charles and Camilla current events thread, part 8.

Part seven can be found here

New pictures from Gettyimages.
56533191.jpg

56533189.jpg

56533184.jpg

56533178.jpg

56533176.jpg

56533150.jpg

56533148.jpg

56533149.jpg

I really like the green Tweed effect and the velvet cuffs and collar. I'm not sure about the scarf though, I know it's fashionable but, it does look like rabbit tails:eek: .

Everyone seemed so happy to see them!:)

Ah she's a racist? Knew there was something. Really - I suppose she'll be homophobic on Monday.

I'm sorry but doesn't that seem dumb? If this bodyguard thought he was in over his head and needed training, couldn't he have asked to be reassigned rather than wait for them to do it for him?

That has to be one of the most convoluted excuses I've ever heard. Good grief.

ysbel said:
I'm sorry but doesn't that seem dumb? If this bodyguard thought he was in over his head and needed training, couldn't he have asked to be reassigned rather than wait for them to do it for him?

Is it dumb? He seems to have made quite a bit of money out of his lack of training.:rolleyes:

BeatrixFan said:
Ah she's a racist? Knew there was something. Really - I suppose she'll be homophobic on Monday.

No, dear, that was last Thursday. Don't tell me you missed it...:D

Oh no! Sadly I did. I didn't miss the baby-eating stories though did I?

Personally that article makes no sense to me, especially if you consider the articles that first came out. They spoke very well of Turner. I still say Turner got pissed and sued because he got ressigned if I remember to back up protection. His claim of being undertrained doesn't even make sense. Charles had him for over six months and is notoriously picky about who guards him. Charles is overprotective of Camilla, Turner would have to be very good to be given to Camilla. IMO Camilla innocently grabbed the female protection officer when she became available because she wanted woman. Only 2 woman are in that division. Turner took it badly and he is now 70,000 richer.

Sky News paper review this morning, mentioned one report that says it is costing £2.6 million, to guard Camilla's empty house. I missed which paper it was in. I would like to hear some evidence but, it does rather quosh another rumour that was flying around, namely that she spends most weekends there with her former husband.

It's strange how they are attacking Camilla's financing at the moment but, in their efforts to discredit her, they are showing all their former 'unnamed royal source' stories to be lies!

Skydragon said:
Sky News paper review this morning... says it is costing £2.6 million to guard Camilla's empty house.
For that money I'll take the job and be the full-time watchman. :)

Warren said:
For that money I'll take the job and be the full-time watchman. :)

But Warren, I thought you were landed gentry, so why would you want to work for pocket money?:D

Skydragon said:
I would like to hear some evidence but, it does rather quosh another rumour that was flying around, namely that she spends most weekends there with her former husband.

Even if AP-B was also staying there, surely he also has the right to spend time with his children and if they are staying with 'Milla then a family gathering would ensue.

Well, we don't actually pay Warren all that much here, you know. Poor chap probably does have to go and find other work to get a living wage.:D

Elspeth said:
Well, we don't actually pay Warren all that much here, you know. Poor chap probably does have to go and find other work to get a living wage.:D

There was me imagining him strolling about the mansion, or sat in his library in his smoking jacket, being served with Tea and crumpets.:D

wymanda said:
Even if AP-B was also staying there, surely he also has the right to spend time with his children and if they are staying with 'Milla then a family gathering would ensue.

But rumour and innuendo is so much more fun than boring old facts and logic. Where does Andrew Parker-Bowles live now he's remarried?

Elspeth said:
But rumour and innuendo is so much more fun than boring old facts and logic.
Where would these boards be without rumour and innuendo?

Would they be as interesting?

Personally I prefer to deal in facts and logic but others seem to prefer the rumour and innuendo side of arguments - don't they?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, unfortunately, unless you read news reports rather closely, it's sometimes a bit hard to tell the difference. But there are certainly a lot of people who prefer not to let the facts get in the way of a good story in all walks of life, not just boards about royalty.

That article doesn't even make sense. There must be more to it - from the story 'Had Sgt Turner's case reached a tribunal, potentially embarrassing secrets about Charles and Camilla's lives may have been aired.' So it's just a standard pay off to someone who knows something embarrassing about a famous person. God knows what he could have revealed about these two, though. <shudder>.

m67345 said:
That article doesn't even make sense. There must be more to it - from the story 'Had Sgt Turner's case reached a tribunal, potentially embarrassing secrets about Charles and Camilla's lives may have been aired.' So it's just a standard pay off to someone who knows something embarrassing about a famous person. God knows what he could have revealed about these two, though. <shudder>.

Either he has learned a lesson or two from Burrel or it really has become the standard way of getting a bigger payoff. I think it is unlikely that he really knew anything about Charles and Camilla, they appear to have been very careful of their behavior around their staff, hence the silence over the last 36 years!
As a protection officer, he would only have been guarding them in public places, not in their private accomodation, he wouldn't have travelled in cars with them or the same area on a plane or train.
I don't believe the man was sacked, so it wouldn't go to a tribunal

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
Either he has learned a lesson or two from Burrel or it really has become the standard way of getting a bigger payoff. I think it is unlikely that he really knew anything about Charles and Camilla, they appear to have been very careful of their behavior around their staff, hence the silence over the last 36 years...

I totally agree with you on this. Why would they slip up now because Camilla is legally his wife? I don't think so!

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Maybe, this is only a short visit or so of the Prince of Wales for the organisations, not as important or highlight such like the Official Visit to The United States in November last year.

Charles seems to do a lot of visits without Camilla. I just like seeing what outfits she is wearing and listening to the exclamations of surprise, at how nice she is, something I have believed for a long time.:)

Im glad that she they are begining to seperate their roles somewhat. I wonder what Camilla will be doing on that day. Though I would have liked her to go with Charles to another part of the UK.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Im glad that she they are begining to seperate their roles somewhat. I wonder what Camilla will be doing on that day. Though I would have liked her to go with Charles to another part of the UK.

while its always great to see them together, her doing solo engagements is also a great indicator of her growing self-confidence.

It has been almost a year since the engagement was announced....and look how far she has come into her role...just wonderful.

Lord, I remember that day. I was up nearly all night trying to put out fires on this board. And we were in the middle of long-distance house hunting at the time too. The stuff of screaming nightmares!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom