The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

the Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, his wife , Sheika Mozah, are in official visit to UK. yestday they was rercibed for the prince charles and the duchess of cornwall. was too the emir's daughter, Sheika Mayassah.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Courtier

Prince Charles visited Wellspring Health Living Centre (Bristol)
Pictures:Abaca Press

Old 01-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Gentry

Horse photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Why should she stay away from creatures she clearly loves. I thought the pictures of her with the horses were fabulous!
It is worth remembering that it is only nasty people who come up with nasty captions after all and I wonder how many of them would bear close scrutiny..
The children seemed really excited by her visit, the animals, as always loved the attention .
I didn't say they weren't nice photos. My point is that I think, for HER sake, and to avoid giving those "nasties" more ammo, why go out of your way to give them something to write about? Granted, small minds think small thoughts, and nasty press/others will write what they want, but given the amount of "horsey" press commentary she's endured in the past, I would have thought her "handlers, advisers", what have you, would have advised her to avoid the horses when the press was around. She looked like she enjoyed being around the animals and I'm glad that came through in the photos, but it still seems like handing your assailant the stick to beat you with, in my opinion.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Getty
Old 01-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhaynie
I didn't say they weren't nice photos. My point is that I think, for HER sake, and to avoid giving those "nasties" more ammo, why go out of your way to give them something to write about? Granted, small minds think small thoughts, and nasty press/others will write what they want, but given the amount of "horsey" press commentary she's endured in the past, I would have thought her "handlers, advisers", what have you, would have advised her to avoid the horses when the press was around. She looked like she enjoyed being around the animals and I'm glad that came through in the photos, but it still seems like handing your assailant the stick to beat you with, in my opinion.
Press around Camilla has been surprisingly and overwhelmingly positive lately. She gave her critics enough ammo when she started stuffing her face at every public gathering but the critics didn't bite. It looks like they've put down their stick for now. It's not the chic or in-thing anymore to bash Camilla.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by skhaynie
Granted, small minds think small thoughts, and nasty press/others will write what they want, but given the amount of "horsey" press commentary she's endured in the past, I would have thought her "handlers, advisers", what have you, would have advised her to avoid the horses when the press was around.
Why should she avoid "horsey" events. Camilla obviously loves horses and can expect that they will not judge her.
On another tack the various animal charities, be they equine, canine or something else, need the publicity. There are plenty of public figures willing to work for childrens charities & other human endeavours but animal charities seem to be a little out of vogue lately!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thats a very good point .
Old 01-28-2006, 05:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
Why should she avoid "horsey" events. Camilla obviously loves horses and can expect that they will not judge her.
On another tack the various animal charities, be they equine, canine or something else, need the publicity. There are plenty of public figures willing to work for childrens charities & other human endeavours but animal charities seem to be a little out of vogue lately!
No she shouldn't give in to the sad and sorry individuals who choose to be spiteful and bitchy.
A lot of the animal charities already have royal patrons. The ILPH and Animal Health Trust has, for instance Princess Anne. :)
Old 01-29-2006, 09:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Did any of us even notice this so called difference? I think they are kidding themselves.

Suits you, Sir?

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...29/nchas29.xml
Old 01-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, anything to create a controversy. If they aren't complaining that he's extravagant, they're complaining that he's being dominated by frugal sycophants, upsetting dedicated craftsmen, and looking like a used-car salesman. Can't win.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal couple to make local visits

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/g...re/4661432.stm
Old 01-30-2006, 09:42 AM

Greetings folks! I know I'm new to this forum (and this sort of communication) but I've been a 'Royals Watcher' for many years now. It seems to me that if the only thing the paps have to complain about Prince Charles is that he is saving money by changing tailors, then perhaps (just perhaps) the paps are 'hurting big time'! IMHO, it is very good to see HRH being so happy and content with his new bride.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Majesty

Charles And Camilla Visit Boarding School In Gloucestershire
source: getty images
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56703127.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	225766   Click image for larger version

Name:	56703124.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	225767   Click image for larger version

Name:	56703087.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	225768  
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hi Jancy, and welcome to the forum!
Old 01-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Welcome Jancy :) this is a great forum!!
Old 01-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla considers aerobics

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006050021,00.html

A nice article about Charles and Camilla coming from the SUN. Where is the world heading, the madness.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well it was nice while it lasted.

Camillas rabbit fur scarf row

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006050162,00.html
Old 01-31-2006, 12:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
Well it was nice while it lasted.

Camillas rabbit fur scarf row

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006050162,00.html
Come on, the Sun is the number one source of laughter for the Royal followers, so we shouldn't care too much about its opinion, it's not worth it and besides Camilla is shutting everybody's mouth with her work so it doesn't really matter
Old 01-31-2006, 01:25 AM
Aristocracy

Better then a Richard Kay article attacking Camilla and Charles.:)

Speaking of the Mail, what is deal lately with them and Royal articles? Lately It seems like you have to physically buy the paper to read the article. Before it seemed to me they all/mostly went on the internet site, at worst you would have to pay for Richard Kay. Living in America, I don't normally buy the Mail unless I hear about an article not on the website. Sorry I went slightly off topic.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's more and more common for papers to put content behind subscription-only walls as more people get used to the internet. The papers have to make a living, and they can't do that if everything's free on the net. It makes it hard for us because copyright laws mean that we can't copy and paste whole articles, especially subscription-only ones, so often we have to make do with headlines.

If it's any consolation, the Mail has never been the most unbiassed source of royal information, so you may not be missing much.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales