Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 11: January-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, Charles is not the sort of guy it would take too much effort to outshine. he is a tad dull even if his heart is in the right place. he has never been considered a glamorous figure.

I don't think Camilla is getting more attention than Charles. He's still getting written up in more articles than she is because he's been doing a lot of public speaking lately.

Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, talks with Trevor Phillips, the Chief Executive of the Commission for Racial Equality, during a Business in the Community reception at his Clarence House residence, February 3, 2006 in London, England

from getty

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 143
HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arrives to open an art exhibition at the Holburne Museum on February 3, 2006 in Bath, England

from getty

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 18,327
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 136
They are both dong such a great job Charles will make a wonderful King I Think,and in spite of everything Camilla is fast becomming an Exceptinal Princess of Wales

The same outfit worn three times in a row. I like how she recycles clothes but lets spice it up a little.

Perhaps she is doing because of critics on costs? But I think she can change her outfit more often, she is representative of the monarchy. People want to see her as an idol or style icon. She could pi..of things what the papers say.

She quite rightly does not want to be seen as a clothes horse.
She can't win whatever she does, some people are complaining about her wearing the same outfits, others would complain if she had a new outfit for every occasion.

I don´t know if this thread is the right one for my question. But I`ve found no other. I´m surching for a video or internet link to watch the wedding service of Charles and Camilla. Does anybody know?

They are under scrutiny for public spending and I don't think Camilla is an overly vain clothes horse type of woman anyhow. I like that she is comfortable being herself.

Im not asking for a new outfit just something else. I like that she recycles clothes but the same one three times in a row just isnt nice.

hornsen said:
I´m surching for a video or internet link to watch the wedding service of Charles and Camilla. Does anybody know?
You might find something in the Charles and Camilla wedding thread.

Princejohnny25 said:
Im not asking for a new outfit just something else. I like that she recycles clothes but the same one three times in a row just isnt nice.

Whats "not nice" about it? Most of us don't have the luxury of endless outfits and either wear the same thing to numerous events or mix & match.
IMO your comment sounds very snobbish & out of touch!

Perhaps it might be best to wait and see if Princejohnny answers your first question before dismissing his comments as snobbish and out of touch. Even though most of us may well not have the luxury of endless outfits, the Duchess isn't most of us.

I agree with Prince Johnny. I know and like the fact she isn't a clothes horse and is trying to be economical but the exact same outfit three times in a row is pushing it. These are public appearances, she isn't sitting home or doing personal things and right now she isn't really doing that many so that it is really noticeable when she repeats her clothes. I like the outfit a lot especially with green cape thing. She looks really nice in it. But couldn't she wear that nice blue outfit with the scarf from Robinson Valentine the second time? She looks lovely in that.

It's certainly a case of double standards.

How many of you have even noticed that Charles wears the same suit for numerous occasions? :rolleyes:

and what about Diana early in her marriage when all she seemed to want to wear to evening engagements was that lolly pink dress with ties on the shoulders?????????

Wasn`t it announcened that Charles and Camilla will open the exhibition? Where he was?

I agree with Princejohnny and I don't think (IMO) that he is being snobbish. Yes, its nice and all that Camilla doesn't appear to be a clothes horse and she recycles her clothes (WE ALL DO IT) but I think (if I may speak for him) he means that it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of days in between wears? :) Plus, as someone else mentioned she does have a decent budget for clothes (critics notwithstanding) and if she is spending the money where are the clothes? Its not like she is buying Verasce, Chanel or anything. She is purchasing normal every day wear (with a couple of gowns thrown in) that benefits her new position.

I agree with Prince Johnny. I think it's great that Camilla recycles her clothing and I think she is doing a great job at her various engagements; however, I'm finding I acn accurately predict most of the time what she wore at an event even before I look at the picture. The outfits look lovely on her and I'm sure she feels very comfortable in them, but the reality is a lot of people are quite interested in what she is wearing at an event, so a little more variety would be nice. Yes, that superficiality in my comment is evident.... don't get me wrong, I'm very interested in seeing what she is doing, what her causes are, etc., but I also like fashion.

laduchesse..it is superficial...but guess what you are not alone :)

In a perfect world, more attention would be given to the patronages of each royal family and less on what each royal family is wearing..but we don't live in a perfect world.

In regards to Sky Dragons comment about Charles's suit...well the great thing about men's suits and shoes from what I can see. Is that they are pretty much the same aren't they? Don't get me wrong..you can see a difference in the cut of the blazer,the sitching, the buttons but other than that a black suit is a black suit :) A man is lucky enough that he could techically where the same suit three days in a row..and no would really know. The only change is the shirt and/or tie.

To reply to what everyone else has said, I do not think its nice because the Duchess is a public figure. People want to see her and when she comes wearing an outfit she just wore the other day that you saw in a pic its a bit dissapointing. She has other outfits and she does have the budget. Just mix it up a little. She gets more attention when she wears different things. I know this last event wasnt supposed to be a solo event and that may be why she wore it again but still people expect to see her looking like a princess not someone who cant afford clothes at all. Also, the duchess was praised for her fashion sense after wearing it but after wearing it three times in a row it makes the outfit look cheap rather than stylish and practical. I like Camilla but she has to realize the power of fashion. Now, Charles could not attend the event because his helecopter frooze.

That's going to go down well...

At this rate, Camilla is going to end up a lot more popular than he is! What a weird excuse - "I can't take the train unless it's the Royal Train."

If as the article suggests, he had taken the train and it wasn't cancelled at the last minute, it would probably have arrived 2 hours late! Or it could have been diverted so that he had to get a coach for some of the journey, isn't that the norm?
It seems they have missed all their own reports about the appalling train services!:eek:

What a weird excuse - "I can't take the train unless it's the Royal Train."

I should hope not indeed. Public transport isn't suitable for a member of the Royal Family. It's barely suitable for the working classes, let alone a Prince of the Realm.

Well thats the good thing with him being married now. His wife can go in his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom