Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 11: January-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I see. I think it's accepted that Charles is very much good King material. He keeps in touch with all Cabinet Ministers, offers his support and advice, speaks on issues he feels strongly about without being too controversial, has a good manner with the public and generally is intelligent and caring.

exact. I try to explain that many people not want charles like king for charles's own reason, not for diana.

Let's get back on topic, please. And let's also tone down the rhetoric and perhaps cut a bit of slack for people trying to communicate in a language other than their native tongue.

If people really, really want to hash out the infernal triangle yet again, there are other places to do it. This isn't it.

Thank you.

Elspeth

British royals moderator.

So he'll be visiting a cafe? Pity he isn't taking Camilla along - she seems to like sampling the local foods when she's out and about.

Elspeth said:
So he'll be visiting a cafe? Pity he isn't taking Camilla along - she seems to like sampling the local foods when she's out and about.

At least it has changed since I was last there around 1986. I think even Camilla would have struggled with some of the specialities that used to be on offer. They did however serve a rather nice Bakewell Tart.:D

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales speaks to young people who have been learning about Muslim cultures during a visit to the Millennium Galleries to see the new 'Palace and Mosque' exhibition and meet young people who have been learning about Muslim cultures, on January 24, 2006 in Sheffield, England

from getty

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 159
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 124
Thanks for those fanletizia, it looks as if he enjoyed himself although he looked a bit puzzled in the last picture.:)

Skydragon,
Thanks for the link to Blarneys Today. I learned something new and that was the Prince's Trust loan. I applaud any efforts from the royal family to help man better themselves. In reading the article, I was really impressed that the trust offered a low interest rate. What was really impressive was the fact that Nicola was able to repay the loan and start a "chain".
Again, I'm more and more imprsessed by Prince Charles. Looking forward to Charles and Camilla on the throne of Great Britain.:)

Prince Charles (C) shares a joke with the President of Mali; Amadou Toumani Touré (R) and Dr. Ahmed Mohamed Ali, President of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) in London, 26 January 2006. The Prince adressed delegates at the IDB conference where the organisation celebrates its 30th anniversary.

from anp

Attachments

• 2339725.jpg
    2339725.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 175
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 146
I think Charles is doing some really great work with the Prince's Trust and his other activities. It's especially pleasing to see him so interested and eager to learn about other religions and cultures, something which is quite important in our globalised world, but which I think more royals could really take a greater interest in.

I Also think Charles has done great work with the trust Im really starting to like him more and more

I certainly like Prince Charles. He is really concerned by the state of his people and tries to help them as much as he can, and that's already something.
I am not a Brit, but if I were (and I love Britain so much that sometimes I feel like being one), I would love to have HRH Prince Charles as my king one day. I am sure he will be an excellent King.

Last edited:
Prince Charles in a Celebrating Achievement conference at St James's Palace in London, Thursday Jan. 26, 2006. The Prince called for the pedestrian not the car to be put at the centre of town planning to create more liveable communities and highlighted the importance of fresh air in keeping people healthy, during the forum hosted by the Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment and the King's Fund

from yahoo/reuters

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 85
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 88
HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall meets children as she tours St. Alban's Cathedral on January 26, 2006 in St Albans, England

from getty

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 128
  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I love the tartan jacket - very Princess Anne.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits the Royal Veterinary College in Hertfordshire on January 26, 2006, Hatfield, England

from getty

Attachments

• 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 141
They both look so interested in the people, animals and children they are meeting. They also look as happy apart as they do together.:D
It really is wonderful to see!

ysbel said:
Charles warns of 'supersized' UK

The Prince of Wales has urged more people to walk and cycle in a bid to tackle unhealthy living.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4652006.stm

Yes it is difficult to walk or cycle in towns but, it is twice as dangerous in the country. People are buying up houses in the country and then because there is very little traffic, think that every road is a race track. and that they can continue the habits they employed in the towns.:eek:

Terrible idea to see the horses

fanletizia said:
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits the Royal Veterinary College in Hertfordshire on January 26, 2006, Hatfield, England

from getty

I can't help but wish, for her own sake, someone had advised Camilla to stay away from the horses with the press around. The nasty captions that people can/could come up with regarding the photos of her face to face with the horses are a disaster waiting to happen. :(

From newscom

1.- A letter from Camilla Parker-Bowles to Royal chef, Carolyn Robb, reads: "What a gastronomic feast you and Chris laid on for my birthday party. I have never seen so many people gobbling beef!" Robb, who was a key member of the heir to the throne's staff, began working as Charles and Princess Diana's personal chef in 1989 and taught Princes William and Harry how to cook. When Camilla became chatelaine of Highgrove she worked for her too, witnessing at first-hand her impact on Charles and his domestic life. The Duchess also asked her to do the catering for her son Tom Parker-Bowles's wedding.

2.- Memo to Ex Royal chef CAROLYN ROBB from Prince Charles (written left handed after an accident).

Attachments

• 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 157
  • 82.jpg
    82.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 161
fanletizia said:

from getty

its lovely visit of animals but Camilla enjoy pets horse and lots of more during her visit

but im cats love very much than DOGS!

I am also more of cat person myself :)

The pictures of Camilla with all those children in those stain glass costumes are some of my favorites! Those costumes are adorable.

Angeli Welcome for Camilla in St. Albans
Prince Charles' wife made some colourful new friends when she paid a visit to St Alban's Cathedral in Hertfordshire this week. The Duchess was greeted by a throng of excited schoolchildren, all wearing vibrant homemade costumes, as she arrived for a traditional pageant on Thursday afternoon......................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/01/27/camilla/

Photos from HELLO magazine

Attachments

• camilla-dop1a.jpg
    camilla-dop1a.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 137
  • camilla-dop2a.jpg
    camilla-dop2a.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 100
skhaynie said:
I can't help but wish, for her own sake, someone had advised Camilla to stay away from the horses with the press around. The nasty captions that people can/could come up with regarding the photos of her face to face with the horses are a disaster waiting to happen. :(

Why should she stay away from creatures she clearly loves. I thought the pictures of her with the horses were fabulous!
It is worth remembering that it is only nasty people who come up with nasty captions after all and I wonder how many of them would bear close scrutiny.:D.
The children seemed really excited by her visit, the animals, as always loved the attention .:D

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales visits the Wellspring Health Living Centre on January 27, 2006 in Bristol, England

from gettty

Attachments

• 56687736.jpg
    56687736.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 4.jpg