Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: December 2005-January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mandyy said:
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attends the London International Horse Show at Olympia on December 19, 2005 in London, England.

She really loves the contact with the horses and of course the pony club riders seemed to enjoy talking to another 'horse lover'.

The skirt and jacket look really good but, I bet she wished she had got her jodphurs on and could take out one of the horses!:)

I like the skirt. The jacket goes really good with it. She looked nice as usuall.
I found an artical recapping the tumultuous year of 2005. It ends with a charming bit on Charles and Camilla and the general opinion of the brits.

In the UK., A Year of Marvel...........and then the murder(with a little romance)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10440153/

Princejonnhy25 said:
I like the skirt. The jacket goes really good with it. She looked nice as usuall.
I found an artical recapping the tumultuous year of 2005. It ends with a charming bit on Charles and Camilla and the general opinion of the brits.

Who is this guy. His take on his fellow brits seems outlandishly out of step with the general public he claims to be writing about.:(
The Routemaster buses have now gone, he seems to have missed that as well!
Still like anyone, he has to write what will sell papers!

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to The Prince and Princess of Wales on their first Chruistmas as man and wife God Bless Them

Call Me George, says Charles

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1958477,00.html

Royal Name Change not Uncommon

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1958534,00.html

Queen Ends Traditional Sandringham Christmas

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/queen%20scraps%20traditional%20sandringham%20christmas

I am thrilled with the news that Charles favours the name George. I have always loved the name George and King George VII has such a regal feel to it. God bless the future King George VII and Queen Camilla (or Rosemary if she wishes). Im glad Charles and his boys convinced the Queen to move christmas back to Windsor Castle. I have always liked it there better and maybe we will see more royals there next year. Though, I will miss the walk to church. But we still have the walk to St. Georges Chapel.

I prefers to George VII too. It is nice for Charles to use George VII to memorise his grandparents. Charles loves his grandparents deeply and always to want to have an enduring marriage like theirs. The names of King George VII and Queen Camilla or Queen Rosemary are welcomed. A new beginning for both of them.

Well, this name change business is still speculative. No official announcement has been made, and the Times isn't naming the "close friends" who are supposed to have said it.

There's certainly a good argument to be made for changing his name to George, but since he's been Charles for so many years already and since he seems to want to look forward rather than back, I think there are also disadvantages.

I am not really very pleased with the idea of "ending" the British Royal Family's traditional Christmas Service in the Queen's Norfolk Estate.

Christmas is the ideal moment for the whole Royal Family to gather together and do various activities such as participating in the annual Christmas Service.

But if they would still have it but in another location such as the Windsor Castle. Then it is a welcoming change for me. But I am still hoping that the young princes and princess are not only attending things like this for the sake of doing so.

But Buckingham Palace has denied the claims that it would be the last Norfolk Christmas of the British Royals.
http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=edponline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED24%20Dec%202005%2009%3A37%3A29%3A560

I am thrilled to know that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few of the write-up's. Apparently they had a record 2000 turn up to see Camilla. All the people they asked, said they had come primarily to see her and to offer their support.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/25122005/140/camilla-joins-royal-family-church.html

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/25122005/344/2-000-greet-camilla-church-date.html

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/25122005/356/camilla-joins-royals-church.html

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/PA_NEWA13406431135339415A0?source=PA%20Feed&ct=5

Seems she was well received by everyone:)

paulette said:
I am not really very pleased with the idea of "ending" the British Royal Family's traditional Christmas Service in the Queen's Norfolk Estate.

It was changed to Sandringham in 1988 I believe, before that it was Windsor, so they would have been changing it back.

They were not saying they are going to cancel it altogether were they?:confused:

Camilla has surprised me!

This is my first post here. I just had to jump in and say that I have been pleasantly suprised by Camilla. Everytime I have seen a photo of her or any footage of her she looks lovely. She seems like the perfect match for Charles. I really liked her hat for the Christmas Church Service too! As a big Diana fan I think I might be turning the corner (finally).

Skydragon said:
It seems the rumours about Charles name have been quashed: http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-charles25.html
There is an error in this story. It states "The monarch chooses his or her name at the time of coronation". Which means that for about a year the Monarch is nameless? Obvioulsy not. The Monarch's name is announced at the Accession Council, held as soon as possible after the death of the previous Sovereign.

Leelot said:
This is my first post here. I just had to jump in and say that I have been pleasantly suprised by Camilla. Everytime I have seen a photo of her or any footage of her she looks lovely. She seems like the perfect match for Charles. I really liked her hat for the Christmas Church Service too! As a big Diana fan I think I might be turning the corner (finally).
Another wecome to the Forums Leelot.
I have never thought that admiration for both Diana and Camilla was mutually exclusive; people can appreciate the positive qualities in both women. As time passes and we become more familiar with Camilla and get to "know" her a bit more I think we will see more of this.

Warren said:
There is an error in this story. It states "The monarch chooses his or her name at the time of coronation". Which means that for about a year the Monarch is nameless?.

You are better at spoof headlines, so how about some suggestions?:D

Skydragon said:
You are better at spoof headlines, so how about some suggestions?:D
"God save our nameless King..."

Thank you for your welcomes Elspeth and Warren. I am already enjoying my time here! I hope to be able to usefully contribute to forum discussions.

Charles and Camilla stayed long after the Royal Family left to meet the crowds. Camilla seemed very much at home - very relaxed and pleased to be meeting people.

Hi BeatrixFan!

Glad to see you're back.

I saw the news where Charles put down the rumours that he'll take another name as King. He seems to be breaking the Windsor silence when rumours come about.

Thanks Ysbel. Yes, I think that Charles has realised that the stony silence from the Palace doesn't help matters at all. It looks as if they have something to hide. At least we now know we'll have King Charles III - I wouldn't have liked him as George VII.

BeatrixFan said:
At least we now know we'll have King Charles III - I wouldn't have liked him as George VII.

Actually the message that was put out indicated that no decison either way has been made.

From the portuguese magazine CARAS from this week. It talks about Charles being interrogated in Scotland Yard.

selrahc4 said:
Actually the message that was put out indicated that no decison either way has been made.

its such nonsense. really! i'm sure its not true.

rchainho said:
From the portuguese magazine CARAS from this week. It talks about Charles being interrogated in Scotland Yard.
I think that should read he was questioned by Scotland Yard.

love_cc said:
I prefers to George VII too. It is nice for Charles to use George VII to memorise his grandparents. Charles loves his grandparents deeply and always to want to have an enduring marriage like theirs. The names of King George VII and Queen Camilla or Queen Rosemary are welcomed. A new beginning for both of them.

Imo Charles may go with George VII to get away from the marital scandals attached to his own name, and past behavior.

Camilla really needs a new hairdo. But her features are rather hard or 'equine' as one Canadian newspaper put it so nothing much can be done there I guess.

If 'the intention' was to have Camilla take the title of "Princess Consort" then in good faith that is what it should be. I for one will never acknowledge any former mistress as a Queen Consort, and I am sure many others won't accept her as such either or she would have felt comfortable taking the title POW in the first place. I certainly do not consider her Princess Of Wales. If the title Duchess Of Cornwall is what she chose to be known by then that is what she is. Nothing more. The Queen certainly seems to be treating her as less than a Princess in some instances.
rchainho said:
I think Charles was rather more questioned in the comfort of his own home for under an hour than actually interrogated-in a police interrogation I tend to picture the image of a suspect being put under hot lights and grilled grilled grilled.

This is all nonsense. The late Princess Of Wale's death was a horrific accident. That is all. As much as I dislike his disrespectful treatment of Diana during their marriage I don't believe he had anything in the least to do with her death. And judging just from photographs at their son's school at Eton-they both seemed friends, or friendly again at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scandals? Oh really. Everyone knows what went on. It happened as Charles - being George won't change it and I'm sure HRH knows that.

And for the 10,00000000000th time - CAMILLA IS PRINCESS OF WALES AND DUCHESS OF CORNWALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom