The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

I can't find the Telegraph article; the link just goes to the main page, and searching isn't helping much. Could you give a synopsis?

Old 01-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I can't find the Telegraph article; the link just goes to the main page, and searching isn't helping much. Could you give a synopsis?
I'm sorry I broke up the link somehow when I copied it. It basically said the Rev. Riviere did not mention Camilla's name, and he received some protests because of this. He was asked about it and referred reporters to the Palace Press Room. Here I will try again:

telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/01/01/ucam.xml&sSheet=/portal/2006/01/01/ixportaltop.html

For some reason the link gets compressed. I will type it out and see if that helps. Or maybe removing the underline? Okay I just split it so the whole link doesn't disappear. I think you can copy/paste. I tried again but the same thing happens the link gets compressed. Okay it looks like the whole thing fits if I remove the http//www. Just type that to the front of the link above manually. I just tested it. It works if you just copy/paste the link. No need to type in the www. Actually I just clicked on it and it took me directly to the article. :)

Old 01-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks for finding the correct link!

I see this is a topic that's going to be the basis for endless discussions in the press about the deeper meanings and subtexts going on. The Queen must really love it! I assume that, if the Queen has said she isn't to be mentioned in prayers, it's not surprising that it wasn't. The Christmas Day service was a special occasion and they may have made a special exception for it. The New Years Day service would have just been a regular Sunday service - the Royal Family don't usually go to church on New Year's Day, do they, if it isn't a Sunday?
Old 01-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Thanks for finding the correct link!

I see this is a topic that's going to be the basis for endless discussions in the press about the deeper meanings and subtexts going on. The Queen must really love it! I assume that, if the Queen has said she isn't to be mentioned in prayers, it's not surprising that it wasn't. The Christmas Day service was a special occasion and they may have made a special exception for it. The New Years Day service would have just been a regular Sunday service - the Royal Family don't usually go to church on New Year's Day, do they, if it isn't a Sunday?
I'm not certain. Quite frankly each year it is the Chrismas service I look out for. This only came up because once again someone said something or posted something-and I decided to try and check it out for myself.

I can easily imagine our modern day Good Queen Bess chuckling to herself at all this fuss. I am almost certain she has a laptop and keeps 'up to date' on all the Royal gossip. Well she has a brand new giant screen telly so I hear so why not a laptop?
Old 01-04-2006, 02:32 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Mary I
I can easily imagine our modern day Good Queen Bess chuckling to herself at all this fuss. I am almost certain she has a laptop and keeps 'up to date' on all the Royal gossip.
Perhaps she checks out the TRF 'New Posts' daily?
Old 01-04-2006, 03:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
'New Year's Snub For Camilla?'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html

My sister-in-law's mother went to the New Year's service. I asked her to please report back but she could not recall that Camilla's name was mentioned 'I wasn't looking out for it' she told me and 'the Queen looked smashing!' as an aside.
New Year's service was just a nomal service, the press here made a great deal out of it because news was a little short on the ground!
Your sister-in-laws mother must have felt honoured as it is only people who are invited or work on the estate (and have all been vetted) who are normally allowed in!:)
Old 01-04-2006, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

The personal expenses of Camilla Parker worry to the Parliament

The expenses of the Duchess of Cornualles worry to the Committee about Public Accounts of the British Parliament, that compares its invoices with those of the deceased Diana of Wales. Camilla invested the last year 821,000 euros in personal expenses, between which they emphasize 43,500 euros in hairdressing salon or 58,000 euros in a private driver.

from http://www.hola.com
Old 01-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
The expenses of the Duchess of Cornualles worry to the Committee about Public Accounts of the British Parliament, that compares its invoices with those of the deceased Diana of Wales.
I can't get the link to work right. Did they factor in inflation or not in the comparison?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:22 AM

I wonder if the Public Accounts Committee will be publicly examining and questioning Cherie Blair's invoices, and if not, why not? Surely the Duchess of Cornwall is not the only female in the United Kingdom to have performed duties on behalf of the State?
Old 01-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Their first visit (excluding Scotland) of the New Year.:)

http://www.northantsnews.com/ViewArt...icleID=1301989

Old 01-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
I can't get the link to work right. Did they factor in inflation or not in the comparison?
I can't read this article but, in the one you posted (pg 7) and others I have seen, It is purely the one MP who is suggesting the finances should be compared, so whether or not they factor in inflation would (if it ever happens) be interesting.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
New Year's service was just a nomal service, the press here made a great deal out of it because news was a little short on the ground!
Your sister-in-laws mother must have felt honoured as it is only people who are invited or work on the estate (and have all been vetted) who are normally allowed in!:)
You don't know my family-or their connections. Btw my sister's husband once worked at Buckingham Palace. They are divorced now (adultery-nasty business) but I will see if he will let me scan something of his days working for the Best of the Best.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

The expenses of the Duchess of Cornualles worry to the Committee about Public Accounts of the British Parliament, that compares its invoices with those of the deceased Diana of Wales. Camilla invested the last year 821,000 euros in personal expenses, between which they emphasize 43,500 euros in hairdressing salon or 58,000 euros in a private driver.

I suppose they are expected to dress in rags.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

It means that she used a haidresser EVERY single day of this year, and that she paid him 120 €/day It's not impossible. Normal women, going to the haidresser in Europe could easily spent 50€/visit! The difference is that normal women do NOT go to the hairdresser every day
Old 01-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
It means that she used a haidresser EVERY single day of this year, and that she paid him 120 €/day It's not impossible. Normal women, going to the haidresser in Europe could easily spent 50€/visit! The difference is that normal women do NOT go to the hairdresser every day
I think most normal royal women go the hairdresser before every public appearance.

I'm glad Camilla gets her hair done everyday. she clearly doesnt have high quality hair and it needs a lot of work. I'm sure we dont want her to take the "Victoria solution" and start sporting a ponytail everyday.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:40 AM

Another storm in a hair-net.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I can't read this article but, in the one you posted (pg 7) and others I have seen, It is purely the one MP who is suggesting the finances should be compared, so whether or not they factor in inflation would (if it ever happens) be interesting.
Sorry, this appears to be another take on it! :)

http://www.megastar.co.uk/meganews/n...M3OTk4NDQ.html
Old 01-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
You don't know my family-or their connections. Btw my sister's husband once worked at Buckingham Palace. They are divorced now (adultery-nasty business) but I will see if he will let me scan something of his days working for the Best of the Best.
Yes, that would be very interesting.:)
Old 01-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I think most normal royal women go the hairdresser before every public appearance.

I'm glad Camilla gets her hair done everyday. she clearly doesnt have high quality hair and it needs a lot of work. I'm sure we dont want her to take the "Victoria solution" and start sporting a ponytail everyday.
What are they moaning about, it can cost you £175.00 in a medium to good salon for a cut & blow dry in London! The top stylists are beyond most people.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yes, that would be very interesting.:)
I am sorry Skydragon. I have felt badly all day about my previous post-I know this should be in a PM but as I posted it publicly I feel I should make a public apology both to you and all Forum members. My remark as my ex-brother-in-law pointed out in a family live chat was 'snooty, snobbish, name-dropping and I am disappointed in you'. I am covered in the deepest shame. And I allowed you to think my relatives were actually sitting right there next to HM practically in the Royal pew which was NOT the case. It was very very wrong of me to let you go on thinking so-and then to add fuel to the fire as it were with my last post. Anyway, I shall try to make amends. My step-niece who goes to Georgetown U emailed me something about some candid shots taken by students of C & C's visit there. What is the policy for personal photos? Or if this is not possible I shall try to find out about George U's student messageboard-they may be sharing there. I have some personal Diana photos too but I have not posted them as the rules are not clear to me as to personal family photos. (NO I don't mean she was my family!-she met some of my relatives once that is what I mean-just clarifying as I don't seem to be explaining myself correctly.)

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales