Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: December 2005-January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incas said:
I can't get the link to work right. Did they factor in inflation or not in the comparison? ;)

I can't read this article but, in the one you posted (pg 7) and others I have seen, It is purely the one MP who is suggesting the finances should be compared, so whether or not they factor in inflation would (if it ever happens) be interesting.:rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
New Year's service was just a nomal service, the press here made a great deal out of it because news was a little short on the ground!
Your sister-in-laws mother must have felt honoured as it is only people who are invited or work on the estate (and have all been vetted) who are normally allowed in!:)

You don't know my family-or their connections. ;) Btw my sister's husband once worked at Buckingham Palace. They are divorced now (adultery-nasty business) but I will see if he will let me scan something of his days working for the Best of the Best. ;)

fanletizia said:
The personal expenses of Camilla Parker worry to the Parliament

The expenses of the Duchess of Cornualles worry to the Committee about Public Accounts of the British Parliament, that compares its invoices with those of the deceased Diana of Wales. Camilla invested the last year 821,000 euros in personal expenses, between which they emphasize 43,500 euros in hairdressing salon or 58,000 euros in a private driver.

from http://www.hola.com

I suppose they are expected to dress in rags. :rolleyes:

fanletizia said:
The personal expenses of Camilla Parker worry to the Parliament

The expenses of the Duchess of Cornualles worry to the Committee about Public Accounts of the British Parliament, that compares its invoices with those of the deceased Diana of Wales. Camilla invested the last year 821,000 euros in personal expenses, between which they emphasize 43,500 euros in hairdressing salon or 58,000 euros in a private driver.

from http://www.hola.com

It means that she used a haidresser EVERY single day of this year, and that she paid him 120 €/day :eek: It's not impossible. Normal women, going to the haidresser in Europe could easily spent 50€/visit! The difference is that normal women do NOT go to the hairdresser every day:rolleyes:

fandesacs2003 said:
It means that she used a haidresser EVERY single day of this year, and that she paid him 120 €/day :eek: It's not impossible. Normal women, going to the haidresser in Europe could easily spent 50€/visit! The difference is that normal women do NOT go to the hairdresser every day:rolleyes:

I think most normal royal women go the hairdresser before every public appearance.

I'm glad Camilla gets her hair done everyday. she clearly doesnt have high quality hair and it needs a lot of work. I'm sure we dont want her to take the "Victoria solution" and start sporting a ponytail everyday.:eek:

Another storm in a hair-net.

Last edited:
Queen Mary I said:
You don't know my family-or their connections. ;) Btw my sister's husband once worked at Buckingham Palace. They are divorced now (adultery-nasty business) but I will see if he will let me scan something of his days working for the Best of the Best. ;)

Yes, that would be very interesting.:)

pollyemma said:
I think most normal royal women go the hairdresser before every public appearance.

I'm glad Camilla gets her hair done everyday. she clearly doesnt have high quality hair and it needs a lot of work. I'm sure we dont want her to take the "Victoria solution" and start sporting a ponytail everyday.:eek:

What are they moaning about, it can cost you £175.00 in a medium to good salon for a cut & blow dry in London! The top stylists are beyond most people.:D

Skydragon said:
Yes, that would be very interesting.:)

I am sorry Skydragon. I have felt badly all day about my previous post-I know this should be in a PM but as I posted it publicly I feel I should make a public apology both to you and all Forum members. My remark as my ex-brother-in-law pointed out in a family live chat was 'snooty, snobbish, name-dropping and I am disappointed in you'. I am covered in the deepest shame. And I allowed you to think my relatives were actually sitting right there next to HM practically in the Royal pew which was NOT the case. It was very very wrong of me to let you go on thinking so-and then to add fuel to the fire as it were with my last post. Anyway, I shall try to make amends. My step-niece who goes to Georgetown U emailed me something about some candid shots taken by students of C & C's visit there. What is the policy for personal photos? Or if this is not possible I shall try to find out about George U's student messageboard-they may be sharing there. I have some personal Diana photos too but I have not posted them as the rules are not clear to me as to personal family photos. (NO I don't mean she was my family!-she met some of my relatives once that is what I mean-just clarifying as I don't seem to be explaining myself correctly.)

Thank you for the clarification, Queen Mary I.

As to your question about photos, we've had people post their own photos before. As long as the quality is good enough to be of general interest, and as long as you identify them as photos that you took, I'm sure everyone would be very pleased to see them.

Elspeth said:
Thank you for the clarification, Queen Mary I.

As to your question about photos, we've had people post their own photos before. As long as the quality is good enough to be of general interest, and as long as you identify them as photos that you took, I'm sure everyone would be very pleased to see them.

Thank you Elspeth. I have no idea how to credit photos that were taken by other kids so I am not even going to go there. But here is a link to Georgetown U for now:

http://explore.georgetown.edu/news/?DocumentID=3602

I am trying to find the correct link to their message board to see if they are sharing. My family photos I will get to in the Diana thread.

If you want to post photos taken by other individuals, you should get their permission to do so, and then you can say something like "photo taken by a friend and posted with his/her permisison." I think that should cover all bases.

Queen Mary I said:
My remark as my ex-brother-in-law pointed out in a family live chat was 'snooty, snobbish, name-dropping and I am disappointed in you'. I am covered in the deepest shame. And I allowed you to think my relatives were actually sitting right there next to HM practically in the Royal pew which was NOT the case. It was very very wrong of me to let you go on thinking so-and then to add fuel to the fire as it were with my last post.

It really isn't a problem Queen Mary and it was hardly 'name dropping' as you didn't put anyones name.:) None of us really know who we are 'talking' with!
It is nice to see that even though he is your ex brother-in-law and after a nasty divorce, you are still on good enough terms with him to have a family web chat.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
I found this quite amusing, you can almost taste the excitement, the 'wonder' and an extreme desire to be in the news.
Why on earth would Charles be "embarrassed" to see a memorial plaque for his former wife 8 years after her death? He went to the funeral didn't he?

Warren said:
Why on earth would Charles be "embarrassed" to see a memorial plaque for his former wife 8 years after her death? He went to the funeral didn't he?

I think they are hopeful that the 'story' will be picked up by the bigger papers and earn them some credits. Is it just me or does the plaque look like a wheel trim?:D

Last edited:
Oh, honestly, talk about a storm in a teacup - or at least an attempt to create one. I assume Prince Charles is aware that Althorp is in Northamptonshire and that there'll be all sorts of memorials around.

Sometimes you can't win. If he doesn't look at it, it's obviously because he's too embarrassed to face reality; if he does look at it, it's obviously because he's consumed with guilt. Or vice versa, depending on who's writing the story.

I am always amazed at how people look over what Charles did for Diana after she died. How hard he fought for her to have a royal funeral. He made the Queen create a new type of funeral just for Diana. They forget all the touching stories and how Charles flew to Paris to collect her body. But I will say he probably does feel some guilt. I personally believe that he feels some guilt for bringing her into this and not standing up to his parents and society back then. There was nothing he could do about it, after trying to make the marriage work and having it inevitably fall apart. It wasnt his fault. They had to divorce. But he seems like the type of person who would feel guilty somehow. I heard he prays for Diana every night still.

Princejonnhy25 said:
They had to divorce. But he seems like the type of person who would feel guilty somehow. I heard he prays for Diana every night still.

I think he might have regrets but, I think guilt is another matter. Sadly people are fickle!

Penny Junior wrote in her book "Charles:Victim or Villian?" qualified Charles's feeling: he did not feel guilty about Diana's death because he had nothing to do with the accident; but he felt relieved after such a tragedy because there would be wars between Diana and him and caused more pains to their sons and themselves. He felt guilty about it because he did not have a feelling of guilt. Charles felt regret but not guilty probably. He wanted to have a happy marriage with Diana but they failed despite trying everything in his power.

love_cc said:
Penny Junior wrote in her book "Charles:Victim or Villian?" qualified Charles's feeling: he did not feel guilty about Diana's death because he had nothing to do with the accident; but he felt relieved after such a tragedy because there would be wars between Diana and him and caused more pains to their sons and themselves. He felt guilty about it because he did not have a feelling of guilt. Charles felt regret but not guilty probably. He wanted to have a happy marriage with Diana but they failed despite trying everything in his power.

I think everyone feels a sense of guilt when someone you knew or loved dies, It's the 'If' syndrome. Even people who have done everything humanly possible seem to end up using the If word.
Looking at his face at the time, going to France, the return etc, he seemed to me to be in complete shock and trying to hold himself together, for the sake of his sons and the public. He certainly did not look like a relieved man. I think if anything, he realised, quickly, that his hoped for life, with Camilla, was now going to be even more difficult.

Duchess of Cornwall, who is president of the National Osteoporosis Society, is shown a new bone density scanner by technician Emma Longrigg, left, during a visit to Northampton General Hospital, Friday Jan. 6, 2006. While the Duchess tours the hospital, the Prince of Wales is due to meet residents, planners and councillors on a visit to the environmentally friendly Upton village development on the outskirts of Northampton

from polfoto, getty and anp

Attachments

• AP536755_guest.jpg
    AP536755_guest.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 131
  • AP536752_guest.jpg
    AP536752_guest.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Charles & Camilla Visit Northampton

#1-2: Getty images
#1: Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, who is also President of the National Osteoporosis Society, looks on during a visit to Northampton General Hospistal on January 6, 2006 in Northampton, England

Attachments

• 56532779.jpg
    56532779.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 56533033.jpg
    56533033.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 56533036.jpg
    56533036.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 184
  • 56533038.jpg
    56533038.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
I love the outfit Camilla's wearing. She looks amazing - sadly no hat but I don't think that outfit needs one.

what is she wearing round her neck, it looks like little bunny tails strung in a bunch.

BeatrixFan said:
I love the outfit Camilla's wearing. She looks amazing - sadly no hat but I don't think that outfit needs one.

They're quite fashionable amongst young girls here. They are like little balls of fur on a string and when they are wrapped around it makes a scarf.

BeatrixFan said:
They're quite fashionable amongst young girls here. They are like little balls of fur on a string and when they are wrapped around it makes a scarf.

Yes, a very nice outfit once again. I have seen quite a few older ladies wearing those scarves as well.:D

She does look nice and her flowers always flatter her and her outfit. The only thing I wish she would change is her teeth. She looked lovely again. Has any other engagment been posted up.

Skydragon said:
It really isn't a problem Queen Mary and it was hardly 'name dropping' as you didn't put anyones name.:) None of us really know who we are 'talking' with!
It is nice to see that even though he is your ex brother-in-law and after a nasty divorce, you are still on good enough terms with him to have a family web chat.

Thank you for your understanding Skydragon! Yes, I've know my ex-BIL since I was a child and the family still loves him dearly. The confusing part is he and my sister are friends again and he goes over to her house virtually every day to do repairs, etc. When I visit and see this I just keep my mouth shut but I am very muddled by it all. They are both dating now too. :/

Now as to the news about the Prince Of Wales visit and seeing his former wife's memorial-this is truly silliness. I am sure there are memorials all over the place now and he is used to it. After all he also went to the dedication of that unfortunate 'Memorial Fountain' and he seemed to survive intact. Good grief, it must be a slow news day-again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom