Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 1: April 9, 2005-May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States
Since the Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles thread has hit 10 pages and since she now has a different name, I'm starting a new thread. Now that they're married, I think it's appropriate to start the thread number from 1 again, so this is thread 1, not thread 4.

The old thread can be found here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5255

Prince Charles and his new wife Camilla meet well-wishers at Crathie Parish Church in Aberdeenshire 10 April 2005 in their first public engagement since becoming husband and wife 09 April. Prince Charles, known as the Duke of Rothesay when in Scotland and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall were greeted with a round of applause by the hundred or so onlookers on their arrival at the church.

Attachments

• CC2.jpeg
    CC2.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 247
  • CC3.jpeg
    CC3.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 405
  • CC4.jpeg
    CC4.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 322
  • CC5.jpeg
    CC5.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 444
  • CC1.jpeg
    CC1.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 324
Here are some more from this morning:

Attachments

• CC6.jpeg
    CC6.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 391
  • CC7.jpeg
    CC7.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 365
  • CC8.jpeg
    CC8.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 377
APRIL 9: TRH The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla Parker Bowles arrive at Aberdeen airport April 9, 2005 as they make their way to start their honeymoon at Birkhall on the Balmoral estate in Aberdeen, Scotland.

Attachments

• CC11.jpeg
    CC11.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 370
  • CC10.jpeg
    CC10.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 375
  • CC9.jpeg
    CC9.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 398
Thank you Dennism for posting these pictures. I found a few more pictures from this morning.

Attachments

• abc.jpg
    abc.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 292
  • abcd.jpg
    abcd.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 422
  • abcde.jpg
    abcde.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 367
Thanks lots the new thread of Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall.Lovely photos.Thanks lots.

Does anyone know what plaid Charles is wearing?

Ennyllorac said:
Does anyone know what plaid Charles is wearing?

I don't know what his plaid is but I am guessing it is either the Balmoral or Rothsay tartans.

I believe that the trim on Camilla's coat is the Rothsay tartan.

In Scotland they are the Duke and Duches of Rothsay so I think this is a nice touch by Camilla.

selrahc4 that is a great link... the article is such a happy one. I'm so glad to hear that the press is starting to give Camilla some positive attention.

Does anybody know the first official engagement after Wedding of Their Royal Highnesses take place?

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
It would make more sense to wear Balmoral because they are staying there.

She is wearing Rothsay because she is now the Duchess of Rothesay.

Charles and Camilla to 'step in' to Queen's duties

The Queen is due to cut back on her overseas tours, paving the way for the Prince and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, to "step in", according to reports.

After the 78-year-old monarch's upcoming nine-day trip to Canada with her 83-year-old husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, the royal couple's agenda will include fewer long-distance tours. Although the North America trip won't be their last, "the length and frequency of these official visits will be reduced," a source told the Daily Mail. "That is where the Prince of Wales and his wife will step in."

A representative confirmed the Prince will see his role gradually increase over time. "Her Majesty has always embraced change and been mindful that it may be necessary for Prince Chares to take on more responsibility," said the spokesperson. "It's important that the job of monarch goes on. Any transition, whenever that is, has to be smooth."

For now, however, the newlyweds are relaxing in the Scottish countryside on honeymoon. And while they relish the tranquillity of the Birkhall estate, royal watchers and fans can peruse some new details relating to the wedding, such as the couple's just-released wedding certificate (pictured), and the Poet Laureate's commemorative poem.

Entitled Spring Wedding, Andrew Motion's composition ends with the verse: "The heart which slips and sidles like a stream / Weighed down by winter-wreckage near its source / But given time, and come the clearing rain / Breaks loose to revel in its proper course."

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/04/12/charlesandcamilla/

Yes, but now it seems like he will be doing much more, especially on an international level. The Queen is getting up there in age, it makes sense for her not to want to do too much strenuous work.

The first ribbon is cut - She's on her way! Best Wishes to the Duchess of Cornwall

Camilla's first engagement as a fully fledged Royal.

Attachments

• cc1.jpg
    cc1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 261
  • cc2.jpg
    cc2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 313
  • cc4.jpg
    cc4.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 262
  • cc5.jpg
    cc5.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 320
  • cc6.jpg
    cc6.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 297
  • cc7.jpg
    cc7.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 374
wymanda said:
Camilla's first engagement as a fully fledged Royal.
Lovely lovely! It's great to finally see them side by side at official things as a married couple and nothing else! :) I'm sure they will be a great working couple, I wish them all the luck. One thing though - perhaps the Duchess should consider doing something with her hair?

Oh, and love your avatar wymanda!

Thanks lots for photos,wymanda.It's so lovely to see TRH on their first engagement as the married couple.

Is this the only outfit the Duchess packed? Isn't it the same one she was wearing when she arrived in Scotland and the same one she wore to church last Sunday?

Hm, I don't think so...I think it's just the photos. What does everyone else think? I know the Duchess is no clothes horse, but it would seem odd to wear one outfit publicly three times in a week.

You're right, it is the same outfit. I, too, was surprised to see it on her again. It's not a regular coat like you and I would wear on an everyday basis; it's a coat-dress.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/04/14/ucharles.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/04/14/ixportaltop.html

Newlyweds in first royal engagement
(Filed: 14/04/2005) The Prince of Wales and his new wife the Duchess of Cornwall have taken time out from their honeymoon to attend their first royal engagement since getting married.

ucharles.jpg
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of CornwallThe royal couple, who are known as the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay in Scotland, were met with cheering crowds as they arrived to open a play park at MonaTRFie Park in Ballater, Aberdeenshire.

Camilla, who was wearing a pink coat with Rothesay tartan trim and shawl which she had already worn on her two previous public appearances this week in Scotland, and Charles, wearing traditional Highland dress with Balmoral tartan, were welcomed by hundreds of members of the public, including some of the 120 children from the local primary school.

The couple have been honeymooning at Birkhall on the Balmoral estate since their wedding last Saturday.

Camilla's coat, created by designer Roy Allen, was first seen at Aberdeen Airport when the couple arrived at the start of their honeymoon, and she wore it again at Crathie Church the following day.

The couple were met by sisters Kerry and Gemma Sinclair, who presented Camilla with a bouquet of white roses and freesias, and gave the Prince a card congratulating him on his wedding.

Camilla, with Charles at her side, then cut a tartan ribbon to officially open the play park, using a pair of gold-plated scissors ordered for the occasion from a London jeweller.

The royal couple stopped and talked with members of local fundraising group the Charitable Chiels, who raised £25,000 towards the £43,000 play park.

They also spoke to some of the children from the local primary school, who rushed into the park to play as the Duchess cut the ribbon.

Charles joked with the youngsters who were sitting in a swinging basket, asking them, "How high does it go?"

Charles and Camilla also met local dignitaries including Lord Lieutenant of Aberdeenshire Angus Farquharson.

Just before they left, some wellwishers began an impromptu performance of the Cliff Richard song Congratulations and a rendition of For They Are Jolly Good Fellows, which led to smiles and waves from the royal couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom