Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 1: April 9, 2005-May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyonnaise said:
Polfoto 14-04-2005 Britain's Prince Charles, right, and Camilla the Duchess of Cornwall shelter under umbrellas as they open a new play park in Ballater,Scotland Thursday April 14, 2005 . It was the first official duty for the honeymooning couple since their wedding last Saturday. (AP Photo/David Cheskin, Pool)

Gee sorry about saying this but she is soooo un-atractive woman!!! she looks like a man with a wig, her hair is a mess, the laughter so exagerated, no pose, no gentleness, she does not look femenine at all!!!. Even her standing up seems so masculine. I think you do not have to go to princess school to exercise just a bit of common sense and stand up more graciously with the legs and feet closer, show a bit of gentleness and smile more naturally. My opinion of course :cool:

Australis said:
Gee sorry about saying this but she is soooo un-atractive woman!!! she looks like a man with a wig, her hair is a mess, the laughter so exagerated, no pose, no gentleness, she does not look femenine at all!!!. Even her standing up seems so masculine. I think you do not have to go to princess school to exercise just a bit of common sense and stand up more graciously with the legs and feet closer, show a bit of gentleness and smile more naturally. My opinion of course :cool:

couldn't agree more with what u said...just....really really not attractive at all....

worst looking crown princess in europe ever!:eek:

carlota said:
THEY INAGURATED THE CUBE

don't they look lovely together? there is some kind of special glow in camilla's face since the wedding... i'm soooo happy for them. they really seem to be happy.
also, camilla looked gorgeous in black today...

I totally agree with you, Carlota . I also think there is indeed something different in her eyes that makes her glow . Beautiful and happy couple, that makes me joyful and in a good mood !:D

Last edited by a moderator:
bigheadshirmp said:
I don't know much about many Europe's crownprincesses in the past time (and also in the future), but in the present time indeed that she seems to be the worst looking crown princess in Europe (sorry:eek: .....) compared to Letizia, Maxima, Mathilde,Mary, Mete marit:p.

Australis said:

couldn't agree more with what u said...just....really really not attractive at all....

I really find this obsession with looks etc very offensive!! I challenge anyone to look good in pouring rain and wind while trying to hang on to an umbrellan and prevent your skirt from blowing up around your face. Even the sainted Diana couldn't have managed that!
Camilla is obviously concerned with more important matters than how she looks.
You should all also remember that she is twice the age of the other Crown Princess's and that most of them could be her daughter! I think that she looks great for her age, very natural and comfortable with herself. IMO Diana would have been heading for either the botox or the Plastic Surgeon right about now to shore up her confidence and help her insecurities.

GIVE CAMILLA A CHANCE - None of us really know the woman so who are we to judge her????????????

TRH at the Reception at The Queen's Gallery yesterday:

Attachments

• 00421942.jpg
    00421942.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 155
MOre photos of the visit:

Attachments

• 00421685.jpg
    00421685.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 132
  • BRITAIN_LMD105.jpg
    BRITAIN_LMD105.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 118
  • BRITAIN_LMD104_2.jpg
    BRITAIN_LMD104_2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 140
  • BRITAIN_LMD102_2.jpg
    BRITAIN_LMD102_2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 114
  • BRITAIN_LMD101_2.jpg
    BRITAIN_LMD101_2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 128
  • BRITAIN_LMD103_2.jpg
    BRITAIN_LMD103_2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 130
Some more photos:

Attachments

• BRITAIN_LMD108.jpg
    BRITAIN_LMD108.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 138
  • BRITAIN_LMD107_2.jpg
    BRITAIN_LMD107_2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 135
  • BRITAIN_LMD106.jpg
    BRITAIN_LMD106.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 00421739.jpg
    00421739.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 00421738.jpg
    00421738.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 00421737.jpg
    00421737.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 149
  • 00421736.jpg
    00421736.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 139
And some more:

Attachments

• 00421750.jpg
    00421750.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 131
  • BRITAIN_LON111.jpg
    BRITAIN_LON111.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 128
  • BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA-0118.jpg
    BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA-0118.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 701
  • BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA 2-01.jpg
    BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA 2-01.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 679
  • BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA 3-01.jpg
    BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA 3-01.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 666
  • BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA 4-01.jpg
    BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA 4-01.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 648
And the last set:

Attachments

• BRITAIN-ROYALS-PRINCE CHARL.jpg
    BRITAIN-ROYALS-PRINCE CHARL.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 159
  • BRITAIN-ROYALS-PRINCE CHA_2.jpg
    BRITAIN-ROYALS-PRINCE CHA_2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 601
  • BRITAIN-ROYALS-CHARLES-CAMI.jpg
    BRITAIN-ROYALS-CHARLES-CAMI.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 711
  • BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA 5-01.jpg
    BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA 5-01.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 585
  • BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA-0200.jpg
    BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA-0200.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 756
  • BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA-0157.jpg
    BRITAIN-ROYALS-CAMILLA-0157.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 577
  • BRITAIN-ROYALS-CHARLES-CA_2.jpg
    BRITAIN-ROYALS-CHARLES-CA_2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 172
Ho hum

galuhcandrakirana said:
I don't know much ... she seems to be the worst looking crown princess in Europe :p.

So, I guess the debate about Charles and Camilla's marriage has now reached another level ... in the absence of any rational argument, just call her "the worst looking", or that "she looks like a man" (as stated in a previous post). Even worse than that, Camilla is not as pretty as women half her age. Shocking!

Time to grow up and move on, I think.

:)

Thank you so much HMQueenElizabethII for these wonderful pics . Camilla looks sooo happy ! :) :) :)

CHARLES AND CAMILLA'S FIRST ENGAGEMENT IN LONDON:
flechalink.gif
Click here for our wedding special
flechalink.gif
Clickhttp://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/04/27/charlesandcamilla/http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/04/27/charlesandcamilla/ here for background articles
27 APRIL 2005

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/04/27/charlesandcamilla/#enviarBack from their Scottish honeymoon, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have carried out their first public engagement together in London.

Braving wet and windy weather, the royal couple opened The Hub, a new sports pavilion in Regent's Park which is part of the capital's largest outdoor sports area. Clutching black brollies, Charles and Camilla watched youngsters playing football on relaid pitches and spoke to helpers involved in the Queen's Park Rangers' Football In The Community project.

The Duchess, who was later due to attend her first function at Buckingham Palace alongside the Prince, seemed unfazed by the inclement weather and the havoc the wind played with her hair. "I'm going to go off like Mary Poppins," she joked to some schoolchildren, as she struggled with an unruly umbrella.

camilla-dop1a.jpg

The Duchess chose a smart navy wool suit with satin trim, accessorised with her three-strand pearl necklace
Photo: © EMPICS

camilla-dop2a.jpg

The newlyweds were unfazed by the gusty weather - at one point, Camilla joked she was in danger of flying off like Mary Poppins
Photo: © EMPICS

Lovely pictures, thank you all for posting! Camilla's outfit looked really smart, and that bouquet of flowers she received was very beautiful! I'm happy for the happy couple! :)

galuhcandrakirana said:
I don't know much about many Europe's crownprincesses in the past time (and also in the future), but in the present time indeed that she seems to be the worst looking crown princess in Europe (sorry:eek: .....) compared to Letizia, Maxima, Mathilde,Mary, Mete marit:p.

Well, given that she's old enough to be their mother, that's hardly surprising. I don't suppose some of these others will be exactly renowned beauties as they approach their 60th birthdays.

really true elspeth. you are comparing women in their 30's and a lady in their 60's... it s normal she wont look as good as them. however i don't think camilla tried to be wonderful and stunning... she wanted to have a quiet and private life rather than a glittering and glamorous one.

Elspeth said:
Well, given that she's old enough to be their mother, that's hardly surprising. I don't suppose some of these others will be exactly renowned beauties as they approach their 60th birthdays.

With all the respect and admiration I have for Camilla, I though have to say that I don't totally agree with what you've said . All the young princesses may not be as beautiful when older as today (although I have never considered Mary or Maxima as beautiful women) , but they will certainly be prettier than Camilla . Camilla was never a beauty, unlike some of these princesses . So there is a continuity in her looks, and there will probably also be a continuity in the looks of the young princesses .

LONDON - APRIL 27: The Prince Of Wales And The Duchess Of Cornwall At The Queen's Gallery

Attachments

• 11.bmp
    190 KB · Views: 109
  • 12.bmp
    178.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 13.bmp
    189.1 KB · Views: 66
Anita said:
With all the respect and admiration I have for Camilla, I though have to say that I don't totally agree with what you've said . All the young princesses may not be as beautiful when older as today (although I have never considered Mary or Maxima as beautiful women) , but they will certainly be prettier than Camilla . Camilla was never a beauty, unlike some of these princesses . So there is a continuity in her looks, and there will probably also be a continuity in the looks of the young princesses .

Oh, yes, I'm sure there will. However, when a person has lived a relatively private life until her mid-fifties, she's going to have a different style of dress and makeup etc from someone who's been "princessing" since she was 20 or 30. Camilla grew up in the immediate postwar era in England, when the overall standard of living was lower and the whole outlook was different. Most of the current crop of European princesses are products of the 1960s and 1070s, when western Europe was stable and prosperous when they were growing up, as was Australia and (for someone in Princess Maxima's class) South America. Camilla has also lived an outdoor life, not a life where she's been pampered and cossetted, and she's the mother of adult children. She's also not going to be wearing fashionable clothes like the young princesses; she might be better compared with the sixty-something queens like Sonja, Silvia, and Paola, who, while elegant and attractive, don't make headlines for fashion and beauty these days (and would probably not do themselves any favours by trying to do so). It takes someone special like Princess Marina to still be a fashion icon and genuine beauty in middle age.

I know that even with all the advantages of grooming and designer wear, Camilla would never be a beauty queen, but it's still a little unfair to compare a woman approaching 60 with ones who are in their 30s.

Elspeth said:
Oh, yes, I'm sure there will. However, when a person has lived a relatively private life until her mid-fifties, she's going to have a different style of dress and makeup etc from someone who's been "princessing" since she was 20 or 30. Camilla grew up in the immediate postwar era in England, when the overall standard of living was lower and the whole outlook was different. Most of the current crop of European princesses are products of the 1960s and 1070s, when western Europe was stable and prosperous when they were growing up, as was Australia and (for someone in Princess Maxima's class) South America. Camilla has also lived an outdoor life, not a life where she's been pampered and cossetted, and she's the mother of adult children. She's also not going to be wearing fashionable clothes like the young princesses; she might be better compared with the sixty-something queens like Sonja, Silvia, and Paola, who, while elegant and attractive, don't make headlines for fashion and beauty these days (and would probably not do themselves any favours by trying to do so). It takes someone special like Princess Marina to still be a fashion icon and genuine beauty in middle age.

I know that even with all the advantages of grooming and designer wear, Camilla would never be a beauty queen, but it's still a little unfair to compare a woman approaching 60 with ones who are in their 30s.

Hear, Hear!
Mind you, I think it is more than "a little unfair". It is grossly unfair!

camilla's standard of living immediate postwar was never lower, she grew up in a family that gave her a trustfund of 100000 (can not remember how many zero's).
Her priorities were just different, she is healthy but looks like she has never excercised her upper arms in particular for instance in order to keep a bit of muscle tone, she just has played a bit of tennis etc. She might not even have bothered too much with a moisturiser. She is a typical woman of her background.

Elspeth said:

susan alicia said:
camilla's standard of living immediate postwar was never lower, she grew up in a family that gave her a trustfund of 100000 (can not remember how many zero's).
Her priorities were just different, she is healthy but looks like she has never excercised her upper arms in particular for instance in order to keep a bit of muscle tone, she just has played a bit of tennis etc. She might not even have bothered too much with a moisturiser. She is a typical woman of her background.

British women of Camilla's class & generation are happy with themselves and the last thing they would do would be to dash off to the plastic surgeon for a "nip & tuck".

Elspeth said:
Well, given that she's old enough to be their mother, that's hardly surprising.
That what I meant actualy, but sorry I didn't make it clear enough, if she has compared with other crown princesses at this present time then of course her looking incomparable with theirs, with one of the reason is because of their diferences of age. I just gave a comment to what the post I quoted has said, and of course it is not make sense to compare her with others who much younger. Sorry for this misunderstanding, I had wrote my post in rush:eek: .

Warren said:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
I don't know much ... she seems to be the worst looking crown princess in Europe :p.
So, I guess the debate about Charles and Camilla's marriage has now reached another level ... in the absence of any rational argument, just call her "the worst looking", or that "she looks like a man" (as stated in a previous post). Even worse than that, Camilla is not as pretty as women half her age. Shocking!

Time to grow up and move on, I think.

:)
If you read carefuly whole thing in my post's window you will know that my post was to give a comment to other post, not independently about comparing the beauties of womans from difference age:rolleyes:. My mistake was I didn't make it clear enough by putting the reason which make my opinion became reasonable, "that it is because of the fact that these crownprincesses have quite big difference in age with Camilla's" (again, I had wrote it in rush:eek:).

GBR: Prince Of Wales And The Duchess of Cornwall Visit To Indian Art Centre

Attachments

• 52733627.jpg
    52733627.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 52733836.jpg
    52733836.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 199
  • 52733815.jpg
    52733815.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 190
  • 52733812.jpg