The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Very nice photos, Josefine. I like Harry's shorter close-cut much better than the longer hair he was sporting earlier during his visit to Australia.

Old 11-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Majesty

www.hellomagazine.com

10 NOVEMBER 2003
Prince Harry has reached for the clippers in an effort to stay cool under the intense Australian sun. The handsome royal, who has been learning to shear sheep on a cattle ranch, has decided to shave off his famous mane of red hair. Turning out for England's clash with Wales at the Rugby World Cup, the 19-year-old turned heads with a tight, military-style crop.

He was joined at the match by Jayne Woodward, wife of England rugby coach Clive. And the pair were clearly enjoying the game, as they were photographed hugging as their team fought its way to victory in Brisbane.

Some onlookers were surprised to see Harry embracing an older woman, but he has been friends with Jayne and her husband for years. The young royal was first spotted hugging the 47-year-old two years ago, when England thrashed Romania 134-0 at Twickenham.

This time around they were treated to rather more tense match, as the Welsh squad battled hard every step of the way. It was England that emerged victorious, however, with a final scoreline of 28-7.

When the final whistle was blown, Harry and Jayne punched the air and threw their arms around each other in relief. No doubt they will be back in Brisbane for England's semi-final clash against France next week. In the meantime, however, Harry will be returning to the Queensland ranch where he's been working as a "jackaroo".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	26004  

Old 11-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Majesty

www.hellomagazine.com
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	65
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	26005  
Old 11-10-2003, 01:34 PM
Majesty

www.hellomagazine.com
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	64
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	26006  
Old 11-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe I am a bit hormonal at the moment but I am finding Harry quite attractive in these pictures! I am really digging this new close-cropped hair on Harry! I feel like a schoolgirl again who has a big crush on a boy and gets giddy just thinking of him!
Old 11-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Maybe I am a bit hormonal at the moment  but I am finding Harry quite attractive in these pictures! I am really digging this new close-cropped hair on Harry! I feel like a schoolgirl again who has a big crush on a boy and gets giddy just thinking of him!
Okay I feel better now, I thought I was the only one feeling this way.. *sigh*
He should consider keeping his hair that way...

Raven :P
Old 11-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by ravenprincess@Nov 10th, 2003 - 2:44 pm
Okay I feel better now, I thought I was the only one feeling this way.. *sigh*
He should consider keeping his hair that way...

Raven :P
You are definitely not the only one who is a fan of Harry's shorter do ravenprincess!

Maybe we could each write him a letter asking him to keep it this way?!

Odd how I'm so fascinated and attracted to this look on Harry when I've never really been a big fan of his before!
Old 11-16-2003, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

www.sundaytimes.news.com.au

Jackaroo Harry parties down in the big smoke
By BEN JOHNSON and PHILLIP KOCH
16 November 2003

IT was a right royal red face that greeted Sydney yesterday when Prince Harry was spotted outside a Kings Cross strip club at 3am.

"No photos please," requested one of his six bodyguards.

But then Prince Harry, 19, wasn't looking his best – grabbing one bodyguard's shirt to remain upright when he left a nightclub.

He had been at Hugo's Lounge, a nightclub above strip club Dancer's Cabaret, in the heart of Sydney's red light district.

"We set him up a little VIP area on the terrace and he was having a great time," confirmed maitre'd Michael Brayshaw.

"At first he was drinking Verve Clicquot and then he was helping himself from the bar. He did not want to be babysat and was just happy to be amongst it. He was chatting to everyone and allowing them to have a snapshot."

Prince Harry flew into Sydney from Roma in Queensland about 9pm – and began partying immediately.

He was taken straight to Paddington's London Tavern where he was reunited with his first cousins, Princess Anne's children Peter and Zara Phillips, at a private function.

The 80 guests included SEL entertainment group managing director James Erskine, who is a close family friend of Princess Anne's former husband, Captain Mark Phillips.

Mr Erskine previously has played host to Peter and Zara Phillips at his $10 million waterfront mansion in Vaucluse.

Prince Harry spent the past month working as a jackaroo on a western Queensland station for a "gap" year break before he returns to England.

While he was at the London Tavern he seemed very relaxed, perched on a windowsill, drinking beer, smoking and enjoying the company of a group of young women.

The third in line for the English throne then kicked on to Hugo's Lounge – and was seen stumbling out of the hip nightclub about 3am,

But it is the Rugby World Cup that has brought the royal teenager and passionate sports fan to Sydney.

Prince Harry will be at Telstra Stadium at Homebush tonight to watch England do battle with France in the remaining semi-final.

The prince, who played rugby at Eton, is likely to spend at least another week in Sydney before returning to Queensland.

He is expected to play for Young England against Young Australia in the 2003 Polo Test Match at Windsor Polo Club in Richmond next Sunday.
Old 11-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

www.hellomagazine.com

HARRY SENDS GET WELL MESSAGE FOR SOPHIE

17 NOVEMBER 2003
Sports fan Prince Harry made the most of a high-profile outing to the England rugby World Cup matches Down Under on Saturday, sending thoughtful messages to friends and family back home.

An England flag draped the stands from where he cheered on his home country, and on it were scrawled the words: "Get well soon, Sophie" – a message to his aunt, the Countess of Wessex. Prince Edward's 38-year-old wife remains in hospital after welcoming a baby daughter prematurely nine days ago.

But the Countess apparently wasn't the only one on Harry's mind. Also written on the flag was "Hi, Dad and Willy" – a note to Prince Charles and Prince William – as well as "Hi, Wiggles", thought to be a reference to the 18-year-old Prince's former nanny Tiggy Legge-Bourke, whose husband Charles Pettifer accompanied Harry at the match.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	harry_dop1a.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	27239  
Old 11-17-2003, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

www.hellomagazine.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	harry_dop2a.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	27240  
Old 11-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Courtier

Its sweet to see the public show of affection from Harry, with his England banner...I'm sure he speaks with his family whenever he gets the chance, but to see it written at an event where it's obvious he will receive a lot of press (as happened at matches before)!! Maybe he knew he would be shown and so he decided to take a very unconventional route for the Royal family, and showed his true colors...that he is just like any other 19 year old, far from home and missing his family and friends!

I like the hair too...
Old 11-18-2003, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I think you're right, Britters. Harry's going to be photographed no matter where he goes or what he does, so might as well use it to his advantage, right?! And a very unique way of sending greetings, here, too!

For Christmas, instead of sending out actual cards, perhaps he could just show up a lot of places with greetings taped to himself?!
Old 11-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Courtier

It would be unique, and no one could say it wouldn't be thoughtful...he could probably save a bundle that way as well...not that he needs to, but ya know...
Old 11-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Aristocracy

What he did at the game made me think of his Mother.. that would be something that late Princess Diana would had done.
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Majesty

hi there there are many pictures of harry at ibl.se
can someone be a angel and help out and post them here.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

www.iblse - 17 November 2003 - Prince Harry celebrates England's win over France on Sunday night, before heading out clubbing with fellow supporters.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	281.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	27789  
Old 11-20-2003, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

www.iblse - 17 November 2003 - Prince Harry celebrates England's win over France on Sunday night, before heading out clubbing with fellow supporters.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	281a.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	27790  
Old 11-20-2003, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

www.ibl.se - 15 November 2003 - Prince Harry and Mark Dyer on board MV Coolong on Sydney Harbour en-route to the rugby match between Australia & New Zealand this afternoon. Is Harry feeling poorly?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	282.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	27791  
Old 11-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

www.ibl.se - 15 November 2003 - Prince Harry and Mark Dyer on board MV Coolong on Sydney Harbour en-route to the rugby match between Australia & New Zealand this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	282a.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	27792  
Old 11-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

www.ibl.se - 15 November 2003 - Prince Harry and Mark Dyer on board MV Coolong on Sydney Harbour en-route to the rugby match between Australia & New Zealand this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	282b.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	27793  

Tags
prince harry