Prince Harry Current Events 9: November 2005-January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that was girl in sandhurst :)
that's cool

more from UK Press

Attachments

• Harry_Sovereigns_12-UKP.jpg
    Harry_Sovereigns_12-UKP.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 134
  • Harry_Sovereigns_17-UKP.jpg
    Harry_Sovereigns_17-UKP.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Harry_Sovereigns_18-UKP.jpg
    Harry_Sovereigns_18-UKP.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by a moderator:
Royal Fan said:
So if they bump into each other on Sandhurst grounds what would happen

At the moment nothing, as they will both be cadets. If they are on the parade ground, they will have to ignore one another but, they should have a chance for a natter in their off duty time. Cadets tend to keep to their own intake group but, I am sure that won't be the case when William and Harry have a spare moment.:)

Paula** said:
I didn't know that was girl in sandhurst :)
that's cool

Men and Women train at Sandhurst to be army officers. They do insist on separate accomodation blocks though!:)

Skydragon said:
At the moment nothing, as they will both be cadets.
I could be wrong but I believe William would have to salute Harry, as Harry is more senior than he is, until his own 'graduation'. Then Harry will have to salute William because as a university bachelor, William will be awarded a higher seniority than Harry, who does not have any further education.

Idriel said:
I could be wrong but I believe William would have to salute Harry, as Harry is more senior than he is, until his own 'graduation'. Then Harry will have to salute William because as a university bachelor, William will be awarded a higher seniority than Harry, who does not have any further education.

No as they will both be cadets and cadets do not salute one another. It only counts when they have passed out (graduated), that is why William will have to salute Harry after Harry's passing out parade, until William has also passed out.
As far as I know, Officer rankings are not normally based on whether you have been to uni or not.:)

Skydragon said:
No as they will both be cadets and cadets do not salute one another. It only counts when they have passed out (graduated), that is why William will have to salute Harry after Harry's passing out parade, until William has also passed out.
As far as I know, Officer rankings are not normally based on whether you have been to uni or not.:)
Thank you for clearing that up Skydragon.:)

There is one of the Cadets who is in front of OC Wales who has a sword as well as medal who is in some of the Getty Images pictures. He appars to be in the class as OC Wales.

In another picture the Cadet on OC Wales left has some kind of Insignia on the lower part of his left sleeve. What does it stand for?

Last edited:
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I don't really see that.
you know how people talk out the side of their mouths...it looks like Harry is doing that.
He probably messed up, because he has missed so many days of training...

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry's polo shirt said:
you know how people talk out the side of their mouths...it looks like Harry is doing that.
He probably messed up, because he has missed so many days of training...
Officer Cadet Wales has missed around 5-7 days/out of 24 weeks that is 0.04166666% 0.058333333% or if you count the first five weeks 5-7 days out of 29 weeks 0.02463o542 -.034482759%. I am not saying that it is good to miss any training.

Well Cyprus has a large British military base so it may be Sandhust related. If it was however, surely there would have been other arrangements made as opposed to flying on a budget airline.

Prince Harry news and pictures part 6

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I can only imagine. His attendance isn't exactly perfect.
As I said before: Officer Cadet Wales has missed around 5-7 days/out of 24 weeks that is 0.04166666% 0.058333333% or if you count the first five weeks 5-7 days out of 29 weeks 0.02463o542 -0.034482759%. I am not saying that it is good to miss any training. edited(added):You could not say that % it affect his marching much now would it? He is in the inermedate class which is the calss that he should be in because he started on 8 May 2005.

Little_star said:
Well Cyprus has a large British military base so it may be Sandhust related. If it was however, surely there would have been other arrangements made as opposed to flying on a budget airline.

That's what I would have thought. I can't see the military buying some cheap seats on a budget airlines.

When I lived in Germany, some of the kids went to Cyprus on a long weekend. It wasn't as popular a getaway spot as Majorca but it was a holiday destination.

kpusa1981 said:
As I said before: Officer Cadet Wales has missed around 5-7 days/out of 24 weeks that is 0.04166666% 0.058333333% or if you count the first five weeks 5-7 days out of 29 weeks 0.02463o542 -0.034482759%. I am not saying that it is good to miss any training. edited(added):You could not say that % it affect his marching much now would it? He is in the inermedate class which is the calss that he should be in because he started on 8 May 2005.
it is not how many you miss, it is what you miss. I missed one day of my classes and I was lost for about a week. He is missing for reasons that many people on this board do not find to be important enough for absence.

Harry's polo shirt said:
it is not how many you miss, it is what you miss. I missed one day of my classes and I was lost for about a week. He is missing for reasons that many people on this board do not find to be important enough for absence.

OCtd Wales missed the first time for 1-3 days because of infected feet blisters, 1-2 days with a flu bug or something, his fingerd was injured.

There is one of the Cadets who is in front of OC Wales who has a sword as well as medal who is in some of the Getty Images pictures. He appars to be in the class as OC Wales.

In another picture the Cadet on OC Wales left has some kind of Insignia on the lower part of his left sleeve. What does it stand for?

Last edited:
interesting :) maybe hw will join the Scots Guards

kpusa1981 said:

The chap I think you mean is the same rank as Harry, he was just chosen to lead the parade (normally because he is the best in class) on this occasion. Thats why he has a sword and the others SA80's.
I can't see an insignia, just beautifully shiney brass buttons.:)

Skydragon said:
I don't think any of this would concern Harry as I think he is only just into his 2nd term of officer training.:)

Skydragon, thank you, for answering both the questions.
He will be starting his third term starting in January but I was thinking that he could be doing his Scuba Diving training with that unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom