The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why should they do a DNA test, Charles is Harry's father, whether genetics say so or not. Prince Charles is raising him. The whole prince thing should be ignored we are looking at whether a boys father is his dad.

If a DNA test proved Hewitt is Harry's father I don't think Prince Charles could take Harry's inhierentence (HRH and lifestyle) away from him. If he did I think Prince William would restore it later. Charles adores Harry.

I saw a recent photo of James and Harry side by side and I must say I no longer see a resemblence. I have always thought Harry looks like Diana's brother Charles.

Old 11-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Just to play the devil's advocate.

Let's say Harry, Charles and Hewitt take the DNA test "to put the matter to rest" and satisfy our curiosity. And the result shows definitively that Hewitt is Harry's father. Should Harry be stripped of his HRH and his lifestyle (and all the money he inherited from the Queen Mother) and then be known as Harry Hewitt or Harry Spencer?
Well in that case, I'd say they shouldn't release the DNA tests. Harry should be considered Charles' son regardless. But if its proven that he is Charles' son, I think they can end the stories right there.

I was just shocked at how matter of fact this guy was. I broached the topic of royalty by asking him what he thought of Charles' and Camilla's visit to the U.S. He said he felt sorry for Charles, glad he was happily married to Camilla but of course everybody knew that Harry was Hewitts son. This was from my asking about C&C's trip! I never believed that Harry was Hewitt's son but its not something that I expected to be first out of someone's mouth when talking in general about the Royal Family.

That's why I'm curious on how prevalent the rumours are in England. If they are, its got to be hard for Harry.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Courtier

poor harry
Old 11-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Nobility

I had heard that they did a paternity test immediately after both princes were born. That this was a common practice in royal families.

There isn't any doubt in my mind that he's Charles' son. They look very similar
Old 11-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Courtier

Charles recognizes Harry as his legitimate son and he was born to married parents. As far as I know in the eyes of the succession laws he is Charles son. I don't think they would ever do a DNA test, and if they did they would never realese to the public. Even if the test proved that Harry was Charles son it's possible that the press would start screaming that DNA test be done to all royal children, it would be a bad thing to start.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I was just shocked at how matter of fact this guy was. I broached the topic of royalty by asking him what he thought of Charles' and Camilla's visit to the U.S. He said he felt sorry for Charles, glad he was happily married to Camilla but of course everybody knew that Harry was Hewitts son. This was from my asking about C&C's trip! I never believed that Harry was Hewitt's son but its not something that I expected to be first out of someone's mouth when talking in general about the Royal Family.

That's why I'm curious on how prevalent the rumours are in England. If they are, its got to be hard for Harry.
The rumours are prevalent in the UK and as you say, it has got to be hard for Harry.
Charles, Camilla and William think the world of him and that must help.:)
Old 11-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

This makes you wonder, after all, Charles initially didn't want Harry.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Courtier

You cant prove that Charles didn't want Harry....the only thing that Hewitt and Harry have in commmon is the red hair....in my opinion he has every characteristics of Windsor in him
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaway princess
You cant prove that Charles didn't want Harry....the only thing that Hewitt and Harry have in commmon is the red hair....in my opinion he has every characteristics of Windsor in him
of course charles loves harry. its obvious in the way they interact. he may have wanted a girl but i'm sure he changed his mind as soon as he held his son in his arms for the first time.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:52 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

When Princess Margaret was born, King George VI went into a depression for days because she was not a boy. Does that mean he didn't love her? Of course not, the tenderness between father and daughter were evident to all who saw them.

So Harry had red hair. If you don't come from a family with red hair, it can be a shock but it doesn't mean that Charles doesn't love Harry.

At any rate, Charles seems more willing now to challenge evident falsehoods against him and his sons so who knows? He may decide to release the tests to put the matter at rest.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles ever want a baby daughter, when diana was pregnant with william he said to the press than he want a girl, he was very frustred with harry born.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

may be in the furture wills or harry will have one daughter and charles will be very happy with her grandchildren.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles and Harry are close as ever. Im rather jealous of their father/son relationship. I have nothing like that with my father. Harry could have invited any friend or girlfriend to sandhurst for the weekend but he chose his father. There is no doubt about the bond they have.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Administrator

This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard yet! Some people will do and say anything for money and publicity. What is most upsetting about this rumour is that people will actually believe it and continue to repeat it.

You can look at any picture of Harry in various stages of his life and see his Windsor/Spencer heirtage. He looks just like his aunt Sarah Spencer and his uncles Edward (the Dukes of Windsor and Earl of Wessex). Regardless of what anyone thinks...Harry is Charles's son. Charles is Harry's father. Thats all that matters. I am sure the British government knows the exact moment Diana had her affair with Hewitt. Didn't she have bodyguards at that time? If he did a DNA test (which I am sure is not the case) I am positive the royal family will NOT release the test. Nor should they. Its no one's business but their own.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:56 PM
Aristocracy

it was actually printed in a newspaper here in OZ , which was from one of the books Diana never got to finished, that she had both William and Harry to be DNA tested to prove to Charles and the Queen that both boys were Charles and the results both were Diana's and Charles boys..

Harry doesn't look like Hewitt, his Charles son and his got the Spencer hair color
Old 11-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Nobility

Even if he[harry] wasn't Prince Charles' son, it's too late now!
Old 11-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Courtier

I saw pictures of the DOE, taken at some horse-riding event earlier in the year which was attended by Edward, Sophie and her brother and his family. I was amazed at the strong resemblance between Harry and the DOE which in my mind put to rest the rumours about Harry being someone else's son but Charles. Also, if you look at photos of the DOE as a young man there is a strong resemblance between the two.

Stella
Old 11-23-2005, 06:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRedDevils
it was actually printed in a newspaper here in OZ , which was from one of the books Diana never got to finished, that she had both William and Harry to be DNA tested to prove to Charles and the Queen that both boys were Charles and the results both were Diana's and Charles boys..

Harry doesn't look like Hewitt, his Charles son and his got the Spencer hair color
I havn't heard of any book here that says that, what is it called or who is the author.
Yes Harry has the Spencer hair colouring, which could be expected as his mother was a Spencer. I don't see him looking like Charles or the Duke of Edinburgh or Earl of Wessex.
As I said in a previous post, no matter what his parentage, he is Charles's son.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Aristocracy

I also think Harry looks a lot like Charles in the face and the lankiness of his walk.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRedDevils
it was actually printed in a newspaper here in OZ , which was from one of the books Diana never got to finished...
Just how many books was Diana writing?
If she never finished this book, how did parts of it appear in an Australian newspaper and no-where else?

Tags
prince harry