The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:20 AM
Courtier

That would be terrible if Harry was to flunk Sandhurst. It is a big challenge for him. The army is about the only place people would see him fit, he has to succeed.

Old 08-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Aristocracy

I hope he doesn't flunk, either. If Harry does flunk Sandhurst, I would hope he walks away with a little more discipline under his belt. Maybe he will straighten up some.

Old 08-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

He's already managed to get through his first session and is on break now. Harry has already made it further than Edward did in his training.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/estilos/44103.html

The problem is that there they did not stop the problems for the smaller son of Carlos of Wales.
this is funny! is prince Charles called Carlos on Spanish ! I can't stop laughin
:p :)
why do the people have to change the names like that. Prince Charles is Prince Charles. Nobody changed the name on Juan- Carols on Juan- Charles yet.
as I heard in another spanish magazine Prince William was called Prince Guillermo
hahahahaha
Old 08-24-2005, 12:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen
this is funny! is prince Charles called Carlos on Spanish ! I can't stop laughin
:p :)
why do the people have to change the names like that. Prince Charles is Prince Charles. Nobody changed the name on Juan- Carols on Juan- Charles yet.
as I heard in another spanish magazine Prince William was called Prince Guillermo
hahahahaha
It is an old tradition to 'translate' the names of foreign royals in such a way, although it has almost disappeared in English. It was quite common to talk about Kaisers William II and Francis Joseph in the beginning of the 20th century, and even now nobody calls Tsar Nicholas II Nikolai. And the present King of Spain is John Charles... :)
Old 08-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapple
It was quite common to talk about Kaisers William II and Francis Joseph in the beginning of the 20th century, and even now nobody calls Tsar Nicholas II Nikolai. And the present King of Spain is John Charles... :)
Interesting, I did not knew that. How do you translate Kaiser? King or Emperor or something else?
John Charles is pretty ugly IMO

Old 08-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Nobility

is it? I was originaly born and rased in Bulgaria and we never had a tradition like that. May some countries had this tradition, but not all of 'em
Old 08-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Interesting, I did not knew that. How do you translate Kaiser? King or Emperor or something else?
yes, you are right. But Keiser is not a name . It is a title
Old 08-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Nobility

...as the same as Tsar, wich means King
Old 08-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I'm a Russian, but both we and the Englishmen translate Kaiser as Emperor (Imperator in Russian).
Old 08-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
is it? I was originaly born and rased in Bulgaria and we never had a tradition like that. May some countries had this tradition, but not all of 'em
Russia has. We still speak about Queen Elizaveta II, for example, and France had a lot of Kings who were called Lyudovik. But for a reason hard to understand we never ever 'translated' the names of Iberian royals. :)
Old 08-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Nobility

...so , how do they translate Harry's name then? I hope is not Jose.....oh, no.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
...so , how do they translate Harry's name then? I hope is not Jose.....oh, no.
Harry stands for Henry so it must be Principe Enrique. Jose is for John IMO.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Nobility

better then Guilliermo....poor Wills:p
Old 08-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
better then Guilliermo....poor Wills:p
In Russia we called them William and Harry, like they are. But if they ascend the throne, they will be known here as Vilgelm V and Genrikh IX.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

It kind of seems to me like Sandurst is a waste of time and money due to the fact that Harry (or any other name which you would like to call him in your native language) seems to want to get out of it.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:41 AM
Serene Highness

From the Sun

Prince is Harry Otter
By DUNCAN LARCOMBE
Royal Correspondent

PRINCE Harry has spurned the chance of a romantic holiday with his girlfriend — to go on a diving course with fellow Army cadets.
The Prince’s mature decision to get stuck into more military matters impressed the Royal Family — and his Sandhurst instructors.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Prince is Harry Otter
By DUNCAN LARCOMBE
Royal Correspondent

PRINCE Harry has spurned the chance of a romantic holiday with his girlfriend — to go on a diving course with fellow Army cadets.
The Prince’s mature decision to get stuck into more military matters impressed the Royal Family — and his Sandhurst instructors.
Good for him. Chelsy is probably very upset.

Old 08-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/estilos/44117.html

They criticize Harry to eat hamburgers

The Universal One
Thursday 25 of August of 2005

Prince Harry of England follows without fitting, apparently, in the image that the British public thinks that he must have the royalty.

Charlotte Wace, of 13 years, and their Ollie brother, of 12, declared in the edition of yesterday of the Daily Mail who saw the smaller son of prince Carlos, of 20 years, in the parking of a fast chain of food.

According to he sees himself in the photos that did, Harry was seated in the edge of the sidewalk eating a hamburger. "Pense ': God mine, is Harry, it assured Charlotte. "it was not seated right like a person of the royalty. It was thrown in the way and it ate very relaxed with the fingers. Part of the food fell to the ground. It was a shock, because in Plymouth it is not hoped to see people of the royalty, mainly not in a McDonald`s ", added.

The manager of the restaurant, Tom Moore, 23 years, assured that Harry requested a special supply by which one second hamburger of chicken is obtained free. "an order something tacaño for a member of the royalty", commented.

Together Dodi and Diana

A statue of the princess and its fiancè, Dodi To the Fayed will be exposed next in the Harrods warehouses of London.

The father of Dodi and owner of the establishment, Mohamed To the Fayed, confirmed that the titled sculpture innocent Victims, who were made on natural scale and in bronze by the artist Bit Mitchell, will be able to be seen in the next weeks in Harrods. The sculpture, that was shown the London press yesterday, represents Morning call and its sentimental companion taken from the hand and watching itself at the eyes under the flight of an albatross, bird that symbolizes the eternity and the good fortune.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

http://people.monstersandcritics.com...or_army_course

Prince Harry gives up holiday with Chelsy for army course

Alexander Smith

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry