The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah, he probably wouldn't make a good king, but he seems more willing than William.

Old 01-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
I'm sure he's been getting more exercise with Chelsy on his vacation than he would have had if he enrolled in Sandhurst this January. He isn't even discreet about his relationship with her; even in front of the parents. Some things are meant to be: Harry is the second-born, the spare because he is not fit to be king.
I'm sorry, but how do you know what Harry and Chelsy are doing on their "vacation?" A few innocent kisses on a balcony are nothing, and it's quite rude to presume you know what someone else is doing in their free time.

I am by no means a fan of Harry's behavior, but it's his life, not any of ours...what he does behind closed doors, and with whom he spends his private is his business. There are so many people out there who are so much worse with public displays of affection...I haven't seen anything more then kissing from Harry and therefore find it unfair to make comments such as those you have made in your above post.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

He's the second born because he was born second; it's nothing to do with his fitness for the monarchy. It seemed that Georve VI made a better king than Edward VIII despite being second born, since Edward seemed to have a rather eccentric idea of what the king should and shouldn't do.; George V was certainly an improvement on his elder brother.

Harry has been brought up in public during a time of major press intrusion into the public life of the royal family, lost his mother at a tragically early age, is second born in a family where being first born is of paramount importance, and has a share of the Spencer genes, which haven't exactly resulted in great emotional and behavioural stability in many of his Spencer relations over the last century. I expect he isn't finding life all that uncomplicated.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
He's the second born because he was born second; it's nothing to do with his fitness for the monarchy. It seemed that Georve VI made a better king than Edward VIII despite being second born, since Edward seemed to have a rather eccentric idea of what the king should and shouldn't do.; George V was certainly an improvement on his elder brother.

Harry has been brought up in public during a time of major press intrusion into the public life of the royal family, lost his mother at a tragically early age, is second born in a family where being first born is of paramount importance, and has a share of the Spencer genes, which haven't exactly resulted in great emotional and behavioural stability in many of his Spencer relations over the last century. I expect he isn't finding life all that uncomplicated.
Very well said, Espeth. I am not a big fan of Harry. Actually, I am indifferent. However, it must be very difficult to live in a fishbowl. I know quite a few people who got into their share of trouble at Harry's age and they turned out to be fine outstanding citizens. I really do feel for all royal children because they have no choice about living their lives in the limelight.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
I'm sorry, but how do you know what Harry and Chelsy are doing on their "vacation?" A few innocent kisses on a balcony are nothing, and it's quite rude to presume you know what someone else is doing in their free time.

I am by no means a fan of Harry's behavior, but it's his life, not any of ours...what he does behind closed doors, and with whom he spends his private is his business. There are so many people out there who are so much worse with public displays of affection...I haven't seen anything more then kissing from Harry and therefore find it unfair to make comments such as those you have made in your above post.
They were more than just kissing. They shared the same suite in Bazaruto and Cape Town. P. Harry begged Charles to allow him and Chelsy to share the suite suite at Highgrove. He has forbidden it. Chelsy can only come to Highgrove on the condition that she and Harry are in separate rooms. I don't think a couple in love a "just kissing" when they're sleeping in the same room. And, they behaved quite indiscreetly in front of her own parents - who seemed to turn a blind eye. I guess they approve of P. Harry "milking the cow for free", hoping it will result in a royal marriage. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was going on.

I would not approve of my daughter openly cavorting with someone she was not married to, and worse, in my presence. To me that is pure and total disrespect, on the part of the daughter and her boyfriend.

And I hear there is another vacation for the both of them in the Alps soon. P. Harry has been on vacation for almost two years. If I were Charles, he would been in Sandhurst right after he left Eton. At least that would have been a preventive measure to the current headlines: Harry would have already been a military officer and...working.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Charles grapples with fatherhood

London, England, Jan. 3 (UPI) -- Britain's Prince Charles had to play the "heavy" role by forbidding Prince Harry's girlfriend from sharing a room over New Year's, the Daily Mail said Monday.

Staff at the Highgrove residence told the newspaper Charles refused his 20-year-old son's request that Chelsy Davie stay over to meet Charles and his mate, Camilla Parker Bowles.

But Charles reportedly agreed the 19-year-old South African Davie can stay at his Gloucestershire home in a few weeks, but again vetoed the pair from sharing a room.

"Harry's been told they will have to sleep in separate rooms and can't even have adjoining suites, which may become a bone of contention," a staff member told the newspaper.

Harry and Chelsy secretly dated for at least eight months before their relationship became public five weeks ago. British media has speculated they will soon be announcing their engagement.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Yeah, he probably wouldn't make a good king, but he seems more willing than William.
Harry, and I'll quote Diana, "likes the pomp and pageantry of royal occasions." I don't think Harry could last a day with the responsibility of being king. William, though reticent, is more far more solid and stable. I think William will eventually grow into his role. He has made the effort to allow himself to be taught. Harry, on the other hand, doesn't seem to want to learn anything but partying and mixing drinks. Sometimes I wonder if he is afraid to go to Sandhurst.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Courtier

william isnt even nexts to become king he is still hier apparent i dont think harry will get a chance at the thrown... he seems really sleezy...
Old 01-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Aristocracy

Gee, I wonder what this is supposed to mean?

Charles, prince of the prudes

Ben Summerskill
Wednesday January 5, 2005
The Guardian

"She's not black or anything, you know." Prince Harry explained the other day, answering an inquiry about his nascent relationship with Zimbabwean heiress Chelsy Davy. I'm sure the news made no difference to Harry's papa, who has invited Chelsy to Highgrove for the weekend next month.

Here's the rest of the article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0...383309,00.html
Old 01-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

i have agree with that articles!

I think Prince of Wales have right! because he is father he knew because Prince Harry would go back to Army training for years and Prince Harry and his girlfriend of 8 months cant slept same but have rules! must have separate rooms!

like his dad who been dating with his mom late the Princess of Wales who cant slept same room and have separate following rules by the HM Queen till getting married! and also his Uncle Duke of York who brought Sarah Ferguson and Prince Edward who brought Sophie-rhys Jones knew by the rules! cant slept together but slept separate following rules by the HM Queen i understand!

Sara Boyce
Old 01-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
i have agree with that articles!

I think Prince of Wales have right! because he is father he knew because Prince Harry would go back to Army training for years and Prince Harry and his girlfriend of 8 months cant slept same but have rules! must have separate rooms!

like his dad who been dating with his mom late the Princess of Wales who cant slept same room and have separate following rules by the HM Queen till getting married! and also his Uncle Duke of York who brought Sarah Ferguson and Prince Edward who brought Sophie-rhys Jones knew by the rules! cant slept together but slept separate following rules by the HM Queen i understand!

Sara Boyce
I agree with Charles' stance. It's P. Harry's first commnet that has me wondering: "She's not black or anything..." What's that supposed to mean? Does he have something against blacks?
Old 01-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to defend Charles. Has anyone here ever lived with parent in their mid to late fifties? Most of them would have acted they way he did.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Courtier

I'm not saying that Charles isn't right. My comment was more, you don't know what they are doing behind closed doors (even if it may seem obvious) so don't comment on what is happening behind closed doors.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think there was a confusion. I should have said that I was basically commenting on the title of the article.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Aristocracy

It's good to see P. Harry helping out:

Britain's Prince Harry helps with the packing of aid items bound for the Indian Ocean archipelego the Maldives, which were affected by the Dec.26, Indian Ocean quake, at a Red Cross depot, near Bristol western England Friday Jan. 7, 2005. (AP Photo/ Barry Batchelor, Pool, WPA)
Old 01-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Serene Highness

WARMLEY, ENGLAND - JANUARY 7: (NO UK SALES FOR 28 DAYS) Prince William and Prince Harry are seen at a Red Cross depot where they volunteered to help pack tsunami aid items bound for the Maldives at a Red Cross depot on January 7, 2005 in Warmley, England.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	h.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	76912   Click image for larger version

Name:	h1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	76913   Click image for larger version

Name:	h2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	76914   Click image for larger version

Name:	h3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	76915  

Name:	h4.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	76916   Click image for larger version

Name:	h6.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	76918   Click image for larger version

Name:	wh.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	76919   Click image for larger version

Name:	wh1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	76920  

Name:	wh2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	76921   Click image for larger version

Name:	wh3.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	76925  
Old 01-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Serene Highness

a few more
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wh4.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	76926   Click image for larger version

Name:	wh5.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	76927   Click image for larger version

Name:	wh6.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	76928   Click image for larger version

Name:	wh7.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	76929  

Old 01-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is times like these that make me really love Harry.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
Gee, I wonder what this is supposed to mean?
"She's not black or anything, you know." Prince Harry explained the other day, answering an inquiry about his nascent relationship with Zimbabwean heiress Chelsy Davy.
This just goes to show that, although I do not think that any of the members of the RF are racist, they do not approve of interracial marriages at least within their family. Again I do not think that they are racist.

And with this statement I think Harry is soooo shallow.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
And with this statement I think Harry is soooo shallow.
wwwweeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll ....................... you got to realize how crime incidents in England are reported.
I remember it as, "black male caught shoplifting", "asian female held for questioning".
I never heard "white male smuggling" ... so this 'race' issue is endemic. It plain boggled my mind.

Tags
prince harry