The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_rose
hahaha...maybe he is grounded....in Argentina hahhaha O___O

Old 10-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hmmmm...note to self: go to Argentina.

Old 10-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Hmmmm...note to self: go to Argentina.
hahah, I wish I was grounded like that.

Mom: Go to your room!...In Argentina!

hahaha actually my mother did ger very mad at me once & she was so angry she didn't talk to me. She had my mate call me & tell me that I was being sent off with her on vacation for 2 weeks. It was the best grounding ever but I guess she just couldn't be around me she was so mad.
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 10-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lucky! If my parents are mad at me, the only place I can go is away from them.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Courtier

Wink

lol i love getting ground caz at least in your room u dont get annoyed can lie around talking on the phone and if all else fails jump out bedroom window and make a run for it lol
Old 11-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard
No special treatment for Harry
By Robert Jobson Royal Correspondent, Evening Standard
11 November 2004

Prince Harry was today warned not to expect any privileges when he starts his Army training at Sandhurst.

He will be known as Mr Wales and will be under the command of tough sergeant-majors as he is put through a basic training programme.

Sandhurst Commandant Major-General Andrew Ritchie spelled out exactly what the 20-year-old prince could expect in January.

He said: "The ethos of Sandhurst is that every single cadet that comes here will be treated the same as everyone else. They will meet some fierce guard sergeants who will maintain that ethos. Everybody has to prove themselves here."

He added: "We are used to people who are used to working four hours a day and sleeping twenty: we aim to reverse that cycle."

Harry will be given five weeks' square-bashing with a no-nonsense sergeant before getting lessons in leadership.

Harry, the most senior modern royal to train as an army officer, will also have to meet tough standards if he is to pass out. He will be one of three royal princes - including one from the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan - on the course.

Major Cameron Day, from Sandhurst, said today: "He will get no special treatment. The commanding officer has made that quite clear. We're used to having princes among the cadets - the entire Jordanian royal family trained here - so Harry will just be one of the guys."

He will take a special crash course in basic soldiering which lasts five weeks, half the time of the noncommissioned officers.

After that, he will start his "leadership training".

During his 44-week course, Harry will also go on adventure training exercises which could include diving in the Red Sea, walking through the Grand Canyon or rock climbing in the Andes. Of the 800 cadets, only about 10 per cent fail to complete the course each year. Dropouts are usually due to a change of heart about a career, injury or failure to reach required standards. The average age is 23.

Alexander Smith

Old 11-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is Prince Louis one of the three princes?
Old 11-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Aristocracy

Cadet Harry Set for A Hard Time at Sandhurst

By Laura Elston, PA Deputy Court Correspondent
Prince Harry will receive no special privileges when he joins the Army, the head of Sandhurst insisted today.

He will be ordered to do his own ironing and get up at the crack of dawn like every other soldier.

The 20-year-old royal will have a weekday curfew of 23.59 and for the first five weeks will not be allowed off site, will have no access to alcohol and will not be permitted to wear civilian clothes.

Harry has already picked up his heavy Army-issue black boots – which he will spend hours polishing – when he attended a familiarisation day at the prestigious military college last week.

He will have to wear them in before arriving in January at the site in Camberley, Surrey, bringing with him shoe polish, his three combat ’95 uniforms and his own ironing board.

During a special media day to give the journalists access to Sandhurst before Harry starts, Major General Andrew Ritchie said: “The ethos of Sandhurst is that every single cadet that comes here is treated the same as everyone else.

“You will meet some fierce sergeants who will maintain that philosophy. Everyone will have to prove themselves here.”

The commandant of Sandhurst added: “On the day that Prince Harry arrives, you will see a marvellous sight of young men and young women striding across with mum carrying the suitcase and dad carrying an ironing board.

“They quickly learn that they have to carry the ironing board themselves.

“They get up very early. We get used to people here who have worked four hours and slept 20. Here we reverse that cycle. Some find it quite a struggle.”

Harry’s bedroom, a far cry from plush royal palaces, contains just a single bed, a sink and a wardrobe.

No duvets are allowed in the first few weeks and cadets are initially only allowed one photo of their family – although there are numerous pictures around the college of the Queen which will serve to keep Harry’s grandmother in his thoughts.

He will be known as Mr Wales or Officer Cadet Wales to his seniors and his fellow soldiers will use just his surname as they are already starting to do.

It was announced in September that the Prince, who recently had a run-in with the paparazzi outside a London nightclub, had passed his Regular Commissions Board assessment and gained a place at the college, a favourite with royals from around the world.

Harry will be part of a platoon of just 30 and will spend most of his time with his group during his training.

New cadets eat four hearty meals a day, consuming a massive 6,000 calories.

But many of the recruits still lose weight due to the gruelling physical tasks, including assault courses.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3746214

Alexander Smith

Old 11-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, Harry is here, in Argentina....at last!!!!
Old 11-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Commoner

Really? I hope he enjoys his vacation. :) Try to keep a look-out for him! I wonder if he's staying in a hotel or if he knows anyone there...
Old 11-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I heard he's staying at some ranch.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Serene Highness

Polfoto 12-11-2004 Britain's Prince Harry practices polo at A farm in Lobos, same 150 kilometers (90 miles) southwest of Buenos Aires, Friday, Nov. 12, 2004. Prince Harry arrived in Argentina for a stay of several weeks to work on a polo horse farm before he is scheduled to join the British army next year. The visit by Harry, son of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, comes less than a month after he scuffled with a photographer outside a London nightclub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	55909  
Old 11-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

November 12, 2004: Britain's Prince Harry arrived in Buenos Aires for some rest and relaxation. Harry, 20, the younger son of Prince Charles, is here on a private visit and will work on a polo pony farm in the Argentine countryside, though he is under doctor's orders not to ride as a result of a knee injury. Photos by Piko-Press/ABACA.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	283377.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	56369   Click image for larger version

Name:	283379.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	56370   Click image for larger version

Name:	283382.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	56371   Click image for larger version

Name:	283383.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	56372  

Name:	283385.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	56373   Click image for larger version

Name:	283387.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	56374  
Old 11-15-2004, 04:16 PM
Royal Highness

Heads Up!

Hey guys, for all of those with access to the program, Prince Harry is going to be giving an interview on ABC's PrimeTime Live. The interview will air on Thursday night, at 10pm EST.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella
Hey guys, for all of those with access to the program, Prince Harry is going to be giving an interview on ABC's PrimeTime Live. The interview will air on Thursday night, at 10pm EST.
Thanks for the heads up Gabriella! You know where I'll be at 10 p.m. Thursday night!

Here is the link for PrimeTime Live: http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/. So far nothing on the interview with Harry, but I'm sure by Wednesday there should be some information.

I wonder if it was originally from an interview in Britain that PrimeTime has now bought the rights for and is carrying now? And I wonder if it is a current enough interview that Harry might address his recent run in with the press?
Old 11-15-2004, 08:58 PM
Royal Highness

I don't know too much about the interview. I saw a commercial for Primetime this afternoon while I was watching tv. I looked on the website and didn't see anything either.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Royal Highness

Update on the interview!

This morning while getting dressed, I was watching Good Morning America. It showed a part of the clip on Harry. It is about his trip in Africa, but someone (don't know who) did interview him. He answered questions about his mother, brother, the royal family, etc. From the small part that was showed this morning, he really comes across as a sweet, loving guy. There was a a little boy that follows him around everywhere! He had a little shadow. It's adorable!
Old 11-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Awww...don't you just love him when he doesn't do all that drinking related stuff?
Old 11-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Royal Highness

ABC's Primetime Live finally has a link up regarding the program if anyone wants to take a look. http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=260578
Don't forget about our chat tomorrow night! It'll be great way to discuss the program and for those who don't have access to get all of the great details!
Old 11-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

So is it the thing that aired on ITV a while ago?

Tags
prince harry