The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 10-21-2004, 11:07 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
I just don't understand why photohogs have to do this> Truly the love of money is the root of all evil.
__________________

__________________
*Under Construction*
  #82  
Old 10-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Julia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,514
I'd like to reinforce that this discussion should remain civil. It's okay to disagree but not to be unkind to one another.

Thanks,
Julia
__________________

__________________
It's clever, but is it art? ~Rudyard Kipling
  #83  
Old 10-21-2004, 11:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 127
Harry has had "problems" with photographers? When? How many? Does not specifying the amount mean to infer he has had dozens? Care to list them? And if the photographer in the incident had nothing to do with it then how can you say he disgraced himself? That makes no sense at all. Also,your account of what happened is nothing but fiction (or should I say wishful thinking, since you obviously have a really strong animus against Harry). Your other what if's don't hold up either since this is not what would happen to your next door neighbor in America. Your next door neighbor doesn't have cameras shoved in his face and also, he doesn't "crave" having them shoved in his face or he would probably be smiling and waving. And how is he a "proverbial flunky" just because he isn't academically inclined? His father got into Cambridge not entirely on his merits, I suppose Harry could do likewise but he prefers to earn what he gets. On the other hand, having a B.A. or any other degree is no guarantee of success in later life either. Harry is already the star in his family and clearly people like you loathe him on account of other things that he's quoted as saying -- that's why you tie his behaviour with the media in with your false accounts of his mother and the media. I understand very well where you're coming from with this, it's old stuff on royal boards.
__________________
  #84  
Old 10-22-2004, 01:00 AM
bluetortuga
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian
Harry has had "problems" with photographers? When? How many? Does not specifying the amount mean to infer he has had dozens? Care to list them? And if the photographer in the incident had nothing to do with it then how can you say he disgraced himself? That makes no sense at all. Also,your account of what happened is nothing but fiction (or should I say wishful thinking, since you obviously have a really strong animus against Harry). Your other what if's don't hold up either since this is not what would happen to your next door neighbor in America. Your next door neighbor doesn't have cameras shoved in his face and also, he doesn't "crave" having them shoved in his face or he would probably be smiling and waving. And how is he a "proverbial flunky" just because he isn't academically inclined? His father got into Cambridge not entirely on his merits, I suppose Harry could do likewise but he prefers to earn what he gets. On the other hand, having a B.A. or any other degree is no guarantee of success in later life either. Harry is already the star in his family and clearly people like you loathe him on account of other things that he's quoted as saying -- that's why you tie his behaviour with the media in with your false accounts of his mother and the media. I understand very well where you're coming from with this, it's old stuff on royal boards.
I guess giving the press an obscene gestures is not a problem. I guess cursing at photographers is not a problem. I guess resenting the press and blaming them for your mother's death is not having a problem with them. Also, I guess there are no hard feelings about being exposed by the media as a drunk and pothead. And yes, his mother played dangerous games with the press, looking for any opportunity to upstage her husband. The accounts of his mother are not false. They are well-documented. She baited them, tried to make them work on her terms but it all blew up in her face. She tried to manipulate them but they figured out her game. It's only in recent ears that the truth has come out: Diana was not a victim of the press. She made her own bed and lay down in it. And P. Harry treats the press the way he does because believes that they are responsible for his mother's death.

I guess taking illegal drugs, drunken and disorderly behavior, and publicly making out with just about every girl who gets his attention are not disgraceful. I guess wasting time at a top public school and having the legitimacy of your exam results questioned are not disgraceful. I guess being a club-hopping, binge-drinking, sex-crazy, pot-smoking flunky is not disgraceful behavior. Show me which family, rich or poor, would hold there heads proudly if they knew one of their family members behaved like that. The press said it right last year when they called him a national disgrace. I reiterate, P. Harry has disgraced himself. No one has forced him to behave the way he does. He has done it to himself.

And yes, having a degree is no guarantee for success, but it opens doors. P. Andrew's mother is the Queen, yet he was consistently passed over for promotion in the Navy because he lacked the educational qualifications for senior rank. His military career was seriously hampered because he did not complete his education.

I don't expect P. Harry to be all smiles all the time, but disorderly behavior is totally uncalled for. He could have had the some of his minders clear the path for him before he got to the car. He could have done what most high-profile figures do when leaving clubs: they go out the back door so that there will be no photo-op. P. Harry can choose to be discrete, if he wants. If he wants the press to "leave him alone" then he needs to conduct himself more appropriately and discretely.

Harry is a star for the wrong reasons. He makes more headlines for the wrong reasons. That's nothing to be envious of. It's both pitiful and pathetic. A better person would never allow himself to be seen that way. I'm sure Charles' PR man is must be at his wit's end after this incident.
__________________
  #85  
Old 10-22-2004, 01:17 AM
bluetortuga
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
So much for the camera being shoved in his face:

__________________
  #86  
Old 10-22-2004, 04:35 AM
theprincess's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 236
Arrow

Two good articles about Prince Harry's recent incident with the photographers from www.thisislondon.co.uk

"Harry's apology to Charles"
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard

"The making of hellraiser Harry"
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ening%20Standa
__________________
  #87  
Old 10-22-2004, 04:43 AM
theprincess's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 236
Another article from the same site, this one talks about the nightclub that Harry was partying at

"In prince's club, I was solicited for drugs within 20 minutes"
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard
__________________
  #88  
Old 10-22-2004, 05:07 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 15
A few points

I just have to toss a few points out in the midst of this arguement.

One: Harry is twenty years old. I shudder to think what I must have looked like after a few hours of drinking at that age. It's what twenty year olds do.

Two: He's coming off a tough week. Both William and Harry are already trained not to use e-mail, mobile phones or written letters to impart anything that would be misconstrued as being scandelous. Now, they have to watch what they say to people in a position of trust like a teacher. I bet they already regard bodyguards and servants with distrust. Imagine what that feels like.

Three: I understand the British papparazzi regard Harry as fair game seeing as he is not a full time student like William. They were out in force last night.

Four: The incident lasted THIRTY seconds.

Personally, I believe the protection officers when they say that Harry got hit in the face first. They are professionals that do not have a record of lying for him.

That said, Harry has had a privileged life.And true, there are countless children out there who have had a harder time of it but those children do not have the British papparazzi in their face round the clock. Harry's mother's death will be trotted out time and time again as an excuse but the reality is that at a very young and impressionable age, Harry's mother died while being chased by photographers. Then he had to endure a very public funeral while his family was going through a major upheaval.

I, for one, am always going to give both boys the benefit of the doubt because truthfully, I think that odds of either of them having a happy life, are very low.
__________________
  #89  
Old 10-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Britters's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DC, United States
Posts: 878
Harry has a wild side to him, we've all seen it time and time again. And lets face it any 18, 19, 20 year old in his position would most likely behave very simialrly. Harry can chose to be discreet, but lets face it, whether he is behaving himself like a "little Prince" should, or being the way he is now, the press is going to find some reason to follow him. I agree that many of his actions are distasteful, and I do still think that many times Harry courts the press (this incident I don't believe is one of those times.) The world took an interest in Harry and his brother at a young age, much because of the actions their mother took. Diana, I believe, in her attempt to gain the upper hand in her battle with Charles, used her boys when it was convient to her. If using them for good press was what she needed then she did it. I'm not doubting her love, I don't think anyone could, she adored those boys, but she also adored public attention and was very good at manipulations. Because of her manipulations of the press her boys must now deal with them, long after she is gone.

William and Harry would have always been in the public eye, they were born into it, but I think without their mothers courting early in their life, they would have been given more freedom now. Instead, their mother died while being pursued by photographers, they were captured by the world in their grieving process, and people fell in love with the two vulerable young men. Now the world wants to know how they are coping, what they are doing, which is a totally natural human response, and both young men have chosen different paths as to how to go about dealing with the ever present press. William chose to go to school and hide himself away from the world. Harry it seems realized there was no getting away from it, and is choosing to try and live his life his way (whether that way be good or bad is obviously up for debate!) and it seems trying to just be happy his way and not by the standards set by others.

I'm not defending all of Harry's actions, but I agree with Dreamcatchgirl in giving the boys a little room to move. They didn't ask to be put in these positions, and while they need to realize that they are always going to be in the public eye and should act accordingly, they should also be given the room to make the mistakes that every young person does. In his position, I too probably would have lashed out at the press. I have friends who have done it before. The paparazzi aren't innocent in this, they don't know when enough is enough, and they keep pushing and mobbing, and in the end people break-which is what I believe happened to Harry-he broke. In the end every teenager drinks when given the opportunity. It's part of life. Part of the college life (at least here in the States) is partying and hooking up with many members of the opposite sex. Harry's love life is considered free game to the press. If they weren't constantly around then no one would know or care about who Harry kissed-but they are and so the world knows. (Yes-though-he should use some brain power and realize that making out in public is what is going to be splashed across newspapers far and wide).

The cheating on the exam thing really had nothing to do with Harry-he was just a pawn in the teachers game to get back at Eton, and she knew Harry would make the most waves and cause the most damage.
__________________
Have you ever wished on a star? It's a magic everyone needs to experience!
  #90  
Old 10-22-2004, 12:49 PM
sharon_rose's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 139
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html

Quote:
The hounding of Harry as paparazzi smell money
Quote:
By Catriona Davies
(Filed: 22/10/2004)

As the night was coming to an end for those out partying, the working day was just beginning for the paparazzi, whose income derives from catching celebrities falling out of nightclubs the worse for wear.


The dozen or so photographers who make their living from the London party scene were divided between several West End nightclubs hoping to spot a famous name.

Gradually, word got around that Prince Harry was inside Pangaea, an exclusive nightclub in Piccadilly which is a regular haunt for pop stars, footballers and socialites.

The photographers began to see pound signs: the right picture can make hundreds of thousands of pounds when sold to newspapers and celebrity magazines around the world. As one paparazzo put it: "I thought Christmas had arrived."

Someone inside the club had tipped off one of the photographic agencies that Prince Harry had arrived with friends at about 11pm.

A spokesman for the agency Exposure said: "We knew someone inside who tipped us off that Harry was there drinking tequilas."

Steve Walters, a freelance photographer who works mainly for the agency Matrix, said: "I got there about 1.30am and there were six or seven photographers outside. I had come from another club, but that had been quiet, so I wasn't expecting much at Pangaea either.

"Then it became clear that Harry was inside. It was a waiting game; there were several exits and we didn't know which he would be coming out of.

"By the time Harry eventually came out, there were up to 20 of us."

Charlie Pycraft, a photographer for YD Image, said: "I got there at about 2am. I go by Pangaea a couple of times a week because there are often boy bands or glamour girls there."

Moments before Harry finally left the club at 3.20am, a limousine pulled up to wait on the opposite side of the street to the entrance of Pangaea, and doormen appeared to ready themselves for his departure.

As there was still confusion as to which exit Harry would use, the paparazzi were spread around.

Mr Walters, 41, said: "A few of us were at the front door as he came out and as soon as the others saw the flashbulbs, a whole gaggle of people came rushing towards the car that he was getting into.

"People from all sides were converging on the car, and some were far too close to him. Some of the less experienced photographers stayed in close for too long. It was all pretty hectic."

Prince Harry and his minder crossed the road and walked round to the far side of the car to get into the back.

Accounts conflict as to exactly what happened next. According to the photographers, as the prince was half way in the car, he lunged at Chris Uncle, 24, pushing his camera into his face, cutting his lip.

Clarence House's version of events is that Prince Harry reacted only after receiving a bump on the nose from a camera lens. Everyone agrees that the whole episode lasted less than 30 seconds.

Mr Pycraft, 35, said: "He just lost control. Chris is the most good-natured, mild-mannered photographer you will meet, and was pretty shaken up."

Mr Uncle has been working as a paparazzo for just a few months. His mobile phone was later turned off and his agency, Big Pictures, is understood to have told him not to talk further to journalists.

The agency was demanding £10,000 to use the photos he took. Other photographers present were charging just a few hundred pounds.

Many paparazzi earn little or no basic salary and rely on an occasional lucrative snatch to make their livings.

Mr Walters said: "There are amateurs who are angling for one big picture that will make them rich and famous. Those people can be unprofessional and take unnecessary risks.

"I prefer to play a long game where you take pictures that will be used again and again."

Nightclubs often have a hand in the work of the paparazzi. Keen for a club to became associated with its most glamorous clients, owners sometimes tip off photographers when a celebrity is inside.

Pangaea, although an exclusive private members' club, often has celebrity clientele and is not somewhere the prince would have chosen if he had wanted to keep a low profile.

He could not have known, however, that his evening out with friends would end up with the most high-profile incident of an already difficult year.

Last week, Prince Harry's former art teacher at Eton claimed that she had been asked to cheat on his behalf for his A-level. The exam board, Edexcel, ruled that there was insufficient evidence to warrant an investigation.

An agreement between the Prince of Wales and newspaper editors that his sons would be allowed privacy while they were in full-time education ended for Prince Harry when he left Eton last year.

Since then, he has been seen by some as fair game, has become possibly the most photographed royal and began to develop a reputation as a playboy, keen on drinking, smoking and keeping company with attractive girls. While still at school, he was caught smoking cannabis.

In the past year, the Clarence House public relations machine has worked hard to rid Prince Harry of his unwanted image. He spent two months in Lesotho, southern Africa, carrying out voluntary work and meeting HIV victims.

In his first extensive television interview last month, he spoke about his mother and his desire to follow her lead in charity work. "I want to try to carry it on to make her proud," he said.

Before taking up his place at the Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst next year, Prince Harry has been coaching rugby to underprivileged children.

He has emerged into the spotlight after living with the knowledge that his mother, whom he lost at the age of 12, was often hounded by the press and died after being chased by paparazzi.

It cannot be surprising that tensions emerged when he found himself in a situation that became so familiar to her.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51525043.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	49682  
__________________
The sea complains upon a thousand shores.

Alexander Smith

  #91  
Old 10-22-2004, 12:57 PM
sharon_rose's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 139
Quote:
The moment Prince Harry's temper snapped


http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1226102004

Quote:
AN UNSEEMLY scuffle outside a nightclub, a photographer with a cut lip and a series of embarrassing photographs of another "celebrity" with his hackles up.

Inevitably, two very different versions of events have emerged as each side attempts to shed the best light on events that took place in the early hours yesterday.

But the fact the "celebrity" in question was Prince Harry, the third in line to the throne, has led to images of the Royal’s attack on a paparazzo - from several different angles - being shown on TV and splashed over the pages of newspapers.

The final indignity was a shot showing a furious-looking prince being grappled around the waist by one of his protection officers, who tries to bundle him into the car.

Prince Harry slumped down in his seat as he was driven away, his head in his hands.

That was no doubt what members of the Royal household felt like doing as they sought to draw a veil over the latest incident involving Prince Harry.

The Prince of Wales’s office at Clarence House said the 20-year-old was simply defending himself, after being hit on the nose by a camera when photographers crowded around him as he got into his car.

The Royal version of events has been questioned by at least two photographers outside Pangea’s nightclub. They say the prince lashed out without provocation.

But whatever happened, the shots will join a rogue’s photo-gallery of the prince, including one where he delivered an obscene gesture to photographers while partying with polo friends.

In contrast to his more serious brother, Prince Harry is often portrayed as a privileged playboy, a label which his admitted drinking, cannabis smoking and love of partying has done little to dispel, despite the best efforts of his father’s staff.

The latest incident, which comes just a week after he found himself at the centre of allegations - subsequently denied - that he cheated in his art A-level at Eton, is not just another setback.

Rather, the sight of Prince Harry, flushed with anger, scrapping on the street in the early hours of the morning outside a nightclub is one that will imprint on the minds of many for some time to come.

In one night, albeit a long one, he has managed to erase a long and painstaking PR campaign to rehabilitate his image.

This year, he went to Lesotho to make a documentary about AIDS orphans. He told how he wanted to dedicate himself to continuing the humanitarian work begun by his mother.

Only last month, the world saw another positive side as the prince set off on a tour promoting rugby in underprivileged and inner-city areas.

Yesterday, the Clarence House spin was that Harry, already under pressure after the cheating claims, was under siege by the media as he left the club.

This version will no doubt afford the prince some sympathy. Both princes have an uneasy relationship with the media, a legacy of their mother, Princess Diana, who died after being pursued by paparazzi through Paris in 1997.

One former royal press secretary, Dickie Arbiter, said it was an incident waiting to happen.

"Every time Harry goes out he is stalked. He is ambushed and there is a little bit of intimidation in order for the paparazzi to get the right photograph, and it was one of those things that was waiting to happen," he said.

Yesterday, Chris Uncle, the photographer involved in the incident, claimed the prince "deliberately lashed out", and said he suffered a cut lip in the course of the fracas.

He told London’s Evening Standard that he reported the incident to police shortly afterwards and was considering making a formal complaint.

Mr Uncle, 24, who works for the Big Pictures agency, said the prince "burst out the car and lunged towards me as I was still taking pictures.

"He lashed out and then deliberately pushed my camera into my face."

He said the prince was repeatedly saying: "Why are you doing this? Why don’t you just leave me alone?"

Another photographer who was outside the club supported Mr Uncle’s version of events.

The incident comes a week after sacked Eton art mistress Sarah Forsyth claimed she helped him to pass one of his A-levels.
article contin.
__________________
The sea complains upon a thousand shores.

Alexander Smith

  #92  
Old 10-22-2004, 01:28 PM
sharon_rose's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 139
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...2/princeharry/

full article available at hellomagazine link


Quote:
Harry, who was driven away to a secret location five hours after the altercation and reportedly examined by a doctor, has apparently apologised to his father over the fracas. "Harry is contrite about the whole thing," said a senior police protection source. "He is extremely disappointed he allowed himself to be provoked in this way."

While the snapper involved in the scuffle, Chris Uncle, has contradicted Clarence House’s version of events – which insists the Prince retaliated after being struck – it seems unlikely the 24-year-old paparazzi will press charges.

Prince Harry left the UK on a pre-arranged holiday with chums the day after the incident.
__________________
The sea complains upon a thousand shores.

Alexander Smith

  #93  
Old 10-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetortuga
I guess giving the press an obscene gestures is not a problem. I guess cursing at photographers is not a problem..
Does he do it daily? Did he ever do it at all, and if so, so what? You keep answering in unproven generalities that exaggerate anything he (may have) done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetortuga
I guess resenting the press and blaming them for your mother's death is not having a problem with them.
I guess if he did he has grounds to feel that way. I guess lots of people have problems with the press. What of it? The press are hardly objective and have their own agendas, much of which has nothing to do with factual reporting or truth telling and a lot more to do with slurring targets they've already got on their lists, depending on their political/social/cultural likes/dislikes. In Britain, that is especially true.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetortuga
Also, I guess there are no hard feelings about being exposed by the media as a drunk and pothead.
Also, I gues that's just your deliberate mischaracterisation of him. Because someone has a drink, does not make them "a drunk", because someone two years ago tried pot, does not make them a "pothead" in the present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetortuga
And yes, his mother played dangerous games with the press, looking for any opportunity to upstage her husband.
Really? She spent 24/7 of 15 years doing this? Again, your mischaracterization which has nothing to do with his actions in the present. She didn't need to upstage her husband, she was immediately far more interesting than he ever was and obviously she continues to cast a deservedly long shadow over the rest of his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetortuga
The accounts of his mother are not false. They are well-documented.
Whose accounts precisely? They are not "well-documented" just because they've become well publicised. Nor does repeating a lie endlessly, make it true.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetortuga
She baited them, tried to make them work on her terms but it all blew up in her face. She tried to manipulate them but they figured out her game. It's only in recent ears that the truth has come out: Diana was not a victim of the press.
What "blew up in her face" exactly? This makes no sense. If she was such a clever manipulator then why would anything blow up in her face? You try to make out she and her son whom you transfer your loathing to, are such "wily", "manipulator" persons, etc., yet they clearly are victims of the press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetortuga
She made her own bed and lay down in it. And P. Harry treats the press the way he does because believes that they are responsible for his mother's death.
Harry doesn't "treat" the press in any particular way as far as I can see. Nor is he unique in viewing the press as an oppressive and intrusive, distorting presence in his life. He certainly isn't unique as viewing the press as one of the destructive forces in his mother's life either, and quite rightly so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetortuga
I guess taking illegal drugs, drunken and disorderly behavior, and publicly making out with just about every girl who gets his attention are not disgraceful. I guess wasting time at a top public school and having the legitimacy of your exam results questioned are not disgraceful. I guess being a club-hopping, binge-drinking, sex-crazy, pot-smoking flunky is not disgraceful behavior. Show me which family, rich or poor, would hold there heads proudly if they knew one of their family members behaved like that. The press said it right last year when they called him a national disgrace. I reiterate, P. Harry has disgraced himself. No one has forced him to behave the way he does. He has done it to himself.
I thought you just said his mother forced him to do it from beyond the grave? This is making even less sense, and is based on nothing but opinion. "The press" called him a "national disgrace"? No, one media outlet (which also hated his mother, like you) said that about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetortuga
And yes, having a degree is no guarantee for success, but it opens doors. P. Andrew's mother is the Queen, yet he was consistently passed over for promotion in the Navy because he lacked the educational qualifications for senior rank. His military career was seriously hampered because he did not complete his education.
What does Prince Andrew have to do with Harry's future? Do you have a crystal ball that tells you that what happened to Andrew, will certainly happen to Harry? Prince Harry doesn't "need doors opened" for him like some middle-class opportuntistic social/status/career-climbin' wannabe. Harry has made the choice of military college because that reflects his interest. If he finds other interests he's genuinely motivated to pursue formal education in, there's no reason he can't take part-time or occasional studies during the rest of his twenties. Big deal. If more people refused to go to university and go after second-rate degrees, just because the other middle-class bonehead is doing it, and thereby making them the useless pieces of paper they've become in the past 30 years, the world would probably be a better place as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetortuga
I don't expect P. Harry to be all smiles all the time, but disorderly behavior is totally uncalled for. He could have had the some of his minders clear the path for him before he got to the car. He could have done what most high-profile figures do when leaving clubs: they go out the back door so that there will be no photo-op. P. Harry can choose to be discrete, if he wants. If he wants the press to "leave him alone" then he needs to conduct himself more appropriately and discretely.
There's absolutely no reason for him to skulk out back doors. He was visiting where he was privately, and "high-profile" is a rather dishonest word because it refers mostly to celebrities who are celebrities round the clock. They got where they are because they chose a career that required media attention and they went after it. They are the ones who made their bed and have to sleep in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetortuga
Harry is a star for the wrong reasons. He makes more headlines for the wrong reasons. That's nothing to be envious of. It's both pitiful and pathetic. A better person would never allow himself to be seen that way. I'm sure Charles' PR man is must be at his wit's end after this incident.
The only reason Charles' p.r. man is at his wits' end has nothing to do with Harry's well-being or the facts of the matter but ensuring that people don't put this in the context which is already clear from the past 7 years. Which is that Charles is the parent who's been incompetent and worthless in raising a teenager. Harry's "episodes" are clearly all cries of anger against the longstanding negligence of his father and his father's family. Their dysfunctions are being played out against the added pressures of Charles' own disreputable episodes of sexual scandals, hostility to the press, and underlying tensions with his own parents. Those are the relevant influences in the present all of them bad in Harry's life. As to female examples, drinking and smoking are commoner now that his father's mistress does plenty of both and not much else.
__________________
  #94  
Old 10-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
To reinforce what the administrators have been saying, please keep this conversation civil. It's possible to discuss controversial topics without accusing other people of dishonesty.
__________________
  #95  
Old 10-22-2004, 05:06 PM
bluetortuga
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Julian,

To debate with you is a waste of time. You clearly lack maturity and have trouble understanding anything anyone says. A thread about P. Harry has now become your shooting gallery for anyone who dares to criticize his actions. The facts are the facts; and the truth hurts. No where did I say in any post that Diana forced P. Harry from her grave to behave the way he does. It's obvious that you are a P. Harry fanatic; you are in way too deep, if not obsessed with "defending his honor". Isn't it funny, P. Harry doesn't even know you exist; and if he did, he would think you were no more important than a tick on camel's backside. I stand by my postings, each and every word. I will abide by the administrators ruling and not pursue arguing with you any further.
__________________
  #96  
Old 10-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Britters's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DC, United States
Posts: 878
Bluetorgtuga- While I agree with many of your statements I think this last posting was out of line and uncalled for. Julian was simply stating their side of things, and for you to call them immature and claim they don't understand anything said to them is simply unfair.
__________________
Have you ever wished on a star? It's a magic everyone needs to experience!
  #97  
Old 10-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
All I can say to Harry is, "you were born to privilege and with that comes specific obligations" so learn to deal with them (don't include trashing reporters faces).
Wow! I was watching Ever After last night! (For those of you who have never seen the movie, this quote is said over and over.)

Oh, and can we only say nice things, 'cause the world would be a better place if everyone was nice to eachother.
__________________
  #98  
Old 10-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Julia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,514
Please, I would like to ask (as Alexandria and Elspeth before me have) you all to be civil towards one another when discussing this issue. If you all cannot then this topic will be closed. There is no reason why you all cannot discuss this issue without making personal attacks on one another.

Thank you,
Julia
Administrator
__________________
It's clever, but is it art? ~Rudyard Kipling
  #99  
Old 10-22-2004, 05:51 PM
pdas1201's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Houston, United States
Posts: 2,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Wow! I was watching Ever After last night! (For those of you who have never seen the movie, this quote is said over and over.)

Oh, and can we only say nice things, 'cause the world would be a better place if everyone was nice to eachother.
Okay, you got me there 'gaggleforcrazypeople', I thought nobody would notice. I just like the line very much...
__________________
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."--P&P
  #100  
Old 10-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetortuga
Julian,

To debate with you is a waste of time. You clearly lack maturity and have trouble understanding anything anyone says. A thread about P. Harry has now become your shooting gallery for anyone who dares to criticize his actions. The facts are the facts; and the truth hurts. No where did I say in any post that Diana forced P. Harry from her grave to behave the way he does. It's obvious that you are a P. Harry fanatic; you are in way too deep, if not obsessed with "defending his honor". Isn't it funny, P. Harry doesn't even know you exist; and if he did, he would think you were no more important than a tick on camel's backside. I stand by my postings, each and every word. I will abide by the administrators ruling and not pursue arguing with you any further.
Oh, I understand exactly everything you have said. And there is nothing either "mature" or "reasonable" in any of it. The reason you don't want to debate is because there is no merit in what you have to say about Harry. You are not "anyone", i.e., everyone, BlueTortuga, and you are only you. One person. I have not addressed anyone else's negative and hostile comments about Harry on this thread. Only yours, since ninety-nine percent have come from you. You and you alone dragged Diana repeatedly into this thread where this incident has been mentioned, and you and you alone now deny your own words. How interesting. There is a word for that, I don't even need to tell anyone what it is either.

ADMINISTRATOR:

(1) "a P. Harry fanatic.."

(2) ''.obssessed.."

(3) "...a tick on camel's backside.."

(4) "...your shooting gallery...."


***PLEASE DEAL ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN RULES WITH THE ABOVE PERSONAL NAME-CALLING AND INSULTS IN THIS THREAD BY BLUETORTUGA****
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Harry news and pictures 6: Nov 2005 - Jan 2006 Martine Current Events Archive 199 01-08-2006 05:18 PM
Prince Harry: news and pictures 4: Aug - Sept 2005 marezdote Current Events Archive 243 09-23-2005 11:34 AM
Prince Harry News and Pictures 3: May - August 2005 Elspeth Current Events Archive 174 08-14-2005 02:42 PM
Prince Harry News and Pictures 2: Jan - May 2005 Elspeth Current Events Archive 196 05-20-2005 11:19 PM
Prince Harry: News & Pictures 1a: Oct 2004 - Jan 2005 Julia Current Events Archive 181 01-08-2005 12:52 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman palace pom pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]