The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

yeah!

i agree with that posts! because his mother the Princess Diana was come from Althorp because his Grandfather the 8th Earl Spencer very wealthy richer but his grandfather very private person and his parents also,Prince William too because Prince William and Prince Harry was born into Royals because have rights to respect by his privacy from paparazzi like his mother the Princess Diana.

Sara Boyce

Old 10-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.newkerala.com/news-daily/...lnews&id=36958

Quote:
Prince Harry cleared of cheating charges:

World News]: London, Oct 16 : An examination board, Edexcel, has cleared Prince Harry of cheating charges, saying that the tape that had been provided as evidence that he had been helped by a teacher while taking his A-levels, was false.

Alexander Smith

Old 10-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm glad those charges are false...I felt quite bad for Harry.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:25 AM
Courtier

From Sun:

Prince Harry hit in face
By SUN ONLINE REPORTER

PRINCE Harry was hit in the face by a camera during a scuffle outside a nightclub early today which left a photographer with a cut lip.

The 20-year-old was leaving Pangaea in the West End of London when photographers attempted to take pictures of him.

A Clarence House spokesman said the third in line to the throne was defending himself when the incident happened at around 3am.

“Prince Harry was hit in the face by a camera as photographers crowded around him as he was getting into a car,” the spokesman said.

“In pushing the camera away, it’s understood that a photographer’s lip was cut.”

The incident comes just a week after the new army recruit was accused of cheating in his art A-Level exam.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “We are aware of the incident but no complaint has been made.

The photographer involved is said to have reported the incident to the police but no action is believed to have been taken.

Harry, who is said to have injured the photographer accidentally, has a
promising career as an army officer ahead of him when he goes to train at the elite Sandhurst Academy, where discipline is paramount.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Courtier

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...156386,00.html

check it out more pics

www.isifa.com

www.rexfeatures.com

search onprince harry..

i feel i am sorry for him.

I think he was drunk???? I am not sure.....

Karla
Old 10-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Royal Highness

I saw a pic at http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/nation...era041021.html
of him being held back by a bodyguard .... certainly not a sign of restraint by a polite royal, or ?
Old 10-21-2004, 02:13 PM
bluetortuga

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp
I saw a pic at http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/nation...era041021.html
of him being held back by a bodyguard .... certainly not a sign of restraint by a polite royal, or ?
You are so right. P. Harry attacked the photographer! I don't feel sorry for P. Harry. He can't seem to stay out of trouble. The photographers didn't make him smoke pot, or fall down drunk in nightclubs at 3, 4 in the morning. The photographers didn't make flunk his way through Eton, one of the top schools in Britain. The photogs didn't make him cheat on his Art exam, and i think he did: he's not academically inclined at all - he takes after his mother. The photogs didn't force him to be caught in compromising positions with young ladies in public. He lives his dirty life in the public for all to see, then he cries and attacks photogs for his privacy. This boy exhibits no discipline whatsoever.

It's time for everone to stop feeling sorry for this useless lout! If he didn't have a royal title or wealth he'd be labelled "trash", and probably be in and out of the prison system. In the real world he could not secure any job better than unskilled labor. I agree with last year's article which referred to him as a "national disgrace". I think he'll wind up being a headache for P. William later in life - if he lives that long! I wouldn't put drunk-driving past him
Old 10-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Aristocracy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3762200.stm

Quote:
Royal officials say Harry was hit in the face with a camera in the incident, in the early hours of Thursday morning.
But the photographer involved said the 20-year-old prince - third in line to the throne - had lashed out at him, leaving him with a cut lip.
-video link discussion of incident included-

Alexander Smith

Old 10-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

Wow. Bluetortuga you are straight-on. But I like HArry so your comment is bitter sweet for me. But along with your comment...I got to thinking and I believe that the actions of HArry and William's parents made them susceptible to the papparrazi. All that drama just made the papparazzi want more and more and they won't be going away any time soon.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:00 PM
Nobility

Blue tortuga must have a vitamin deficiency. Such bitchiness in one forum, my god!
Old 10-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to agree with Bluetortuga on this one, and wouldn't say her comments were "bitchy", they hurt because they are dead on and all of us can't get around the fact that at the current rate, Harry is heading for a life of destruction. I just hope that he do all these thing in private and not disgrace his mother's memory, and his family in front of the papparazzi. All I can say to Harry is, "you were born to privilege and with that comes specific obligations" so learn to deal with them (don't include trashing reporters faces).
Old 10-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe that's because Gates *is* a private American person and not a public personality in the most prominent European reigning monarchy? Why compare apples and oranges. If you do make the (inappropriate) comparison, consider also then that if Bill Gates employs p.r. people then Paddy Haverson or whomever is certainly appropriate for Harry.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetortuga
You are so right. P. Harry attacked the photographer! I don't feel sorry for P. Harry. He can't seem to stay out of trouble. The photographers didn't make him smoke pot, or fall down drunk in nightclubs at 3, 4 in the morning. The photographers didn't make flunk his way through Eton, one of the top schools in Britain. The photogs didn't make him cheat on his Art exam, and i think he did: he's not academically inclined at all - he takes after his mother. The photogs didn't force him to be caught in compromising positions with young ladies in public. He lives his dirty life in the public for all to see, then he cries and attacks photogs for his privacy. This boy exhibits no discipline whatsoever.

It's time for everone to stop feeling sorry for this useless lout! If he didn't have a royal title or wealth he'd be labelled "trash", and probably be in and out of the prison system. In the real world he could not secure any job better than unskilled labor. I agree with last year's article which referred to him as a "national disgrace". I think he'll wind up being a headache for P. William later in life - if he lives that long! I wouldn't put drunk-driving past him
I doubt you ever "felt sorry" for him so why are you telling everyone else not to do so now? You seize on an incident and distort it along with everything else in his life. He is all of 20 years old not a hardened criminal the way you attempt to falsely portray him. It was *one* photographer, not "photographers" (plural), and what happened is clear enough, otherwise the *one* photographer would also be using the incident to file false assault charges against him.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:01 PM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian
I doubt you ever "felt sorry" for him so why are you telling everyone else not to do so now? You seize on an incident and distort it along with everything else in his life. He is all of 20 years old not a hardened criminal the way you attempt to falsely portray him. It was *one* photographer, not "photographers" (plural), and what happened is clear enough, otherwise the *one* photographer would also be using the incident to file false assault charges against him.
I felt sorry for him after his mother died; but his behavior has taught me to think differently. Other kids have gone through far worse experiences - but they don't grow up to disgrace themselves or their families. William and Harry have always problems with photographers (plural). Eventhough this incident involved only one photographer, William and Harry always complain that there lives are made miserable by photgraphers (plural). That was what I was referring to, not just this incident. Harry can have a truly private life if he wants to. If he behaves himself, the photogs will get bored and leave him alone. Royals get more press attention when they behave badly; so the key is to not give them anything to talk about. He will have to exhibit more discipline if he wants to get through Sandhurst.

P. Harry is like his mother. He craves publicity but on his terms. His mother was known to setup photo opportunities in her "leisure time", so that she would get more press attention than Charles. But then she would howl and cry when the photogs did not go away when she wanted them to. P. Harry knows that he will always be second fiddle to P. William. He wants to be king more than his brother does; he loves the pomp and the pagaentry, the privilege - his own mother admitted this. So he loves his time in the spotlight. But he can't have his cake and eat it too. Someday, I hope P. Harry will get his wish: that the photogs completely pass him over and ignore him. He's going nowhere at the speed of light.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:03 PM
bluetortuga

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecka
Blue tortuga must have a vitamin deficiency. Such bitchiness in one forum, my god!
He's a loser get over it. Drink plenty of fluids and get some bed rest!
Old 10-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

There is absolutely no need to attack members. It is fine that everyone doesn't like Harry or agree with his decisions and actions but to assert that others are bitchy or other accusations of the like is unnecessary and a violation of forum rules.

Please continue this discussion about Harry and the latest incident civilly.

Alexandria
Old 10-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Courtier

I have to agree that I think Harry was taught very well at a young age how to play the game with the press. I don't think there is truly anyone out there who get's their own taste of the media and doesn't enjoy it at some level. Harry knows he will always get less press then his older brother, so he makes his own. Then, much like the late Princess of Wales, cries foul when something negative comes out.

I don't, however, think that this photographer incident was everything that the press is making it out to be. I think Harry was probably hit in the head accidentely by a camera man's camera that got a little too close, Harry pushed the camera (note the article is what was pushed away-not the person) and it was a little to aggressive for the location. We haven't seen any acts of aggression out of Harry before farther then some lude signals, so I don't see why he would feel the need to start picking fights now.

As for the cheating incident, I don't think we are ever going to know for sure what happened, so all we have to go on is the fact that a panel of judges ruled he couldn't have cheated and it should be left at that.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I felt sorry for him after his mother died; but his behavior has taught me to think differently. Other kids have gone through far worse experiences - but they don't grow up to disgrace themselves or their families. William and Harry have always problems with photographers (plural). Eventhough this incident involved only one photographer, William and Harry always complain that there lives are made miserable by photgraphers (plural). That was what I was referring to, not just this incident. Harry can have a truly private life if he wants to. If he behaves himself, the photogs will get bored and leave him alone. Royals get more press attention when they behave badly; so the key is to not give them anything to talk about. He will have to exhibit more discipline if he wants to get through Sandhurst.

P. Harry is like his mother. He craves publicity but on his terms. His mother was known to setup photo opportunities in her "leisure time", so that she would get more press attention than Charles. But then she would howl and cry when the photogs did not go away when she wanted them to. P. Harry knows that he will always be second fiddle to P. William. He wants to be king more than his brother does; he loves the pomp and the pagaentry, the privilege - his own mother admitted this. So he loves his time in the spotlight. But he can't have his cake and eat it too. Someday, I hope P. Harry will get his wish: that the photogs completely pass him over and ignore him. He's going nowhere at the speed of light.
Please, you are not the judge and jury over what constitutes disgracing their families. His family alone is the judge of that. There was *one* photographer there, so it was incorrect to refer to photographers (plural) at the incident under discussion in an attempt to make it sound as though he has assaulted numerous photographers. In fact, he assaulted no one at all. The rest of what you attribute to him personally is purely your interpretation of someone you do not know personally. As to where he's going, that's wishful thinking on your part since he's going exactly in the direction he wants to at the moment. If he spends his *leisure* time in a nightclub it is not a hanging crime any more than it is for other young royals or anyone else, nor is it a reason to be hounded to death by paparazzi.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
I have to agree that I think Harry was taught very well at a young age how to play the game with the press. I don't think there is truly anyone out there who get's their own taste of the media and doesn't enjoy it at some level. Harry knows he will always get less press then his older brother, so he makes his own. Then, much like the late Princess of Wales, cries foul when something negative comes out.

I don't, however, think that this photographer incident was everything that the press is making it out to be. I think Harry was probably hit in the head accidentely by a camera man's camera that got a little too close, Harry pushed the camera (note the article is what was pushed away-not the person) and it was a little to aggressive for the location. We haven't seen any acts of aggression out of Harry before farther then some lude signals, so I don't see why he would feel the need to start picking fights now.

As for the cheating incident, I don't think we are ever going to know for sure what happened, so all we have to go on is the fact that a panel of judges ruled he couldn't have cheated and it should be left at that.
I absolutely agree with you, Britters. That panel of judges was also aware that the woman who brought these allegations had an axe to grind against Eton and didn't care who else she damaged in the process. As far as this incident involving the paparazzi, if you have ever watched them in action they are extremely aggressive in the way they operate -- not because they are necessarily violent but they have to act quickly when they see the right moment and also make sure that they get a better shot than anyone else. It is literally "in your face" with their tactics and not surprising that it could slip into a physical moment however unintended.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:33 PM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Hi Julian, Please read the first line of my original post. Yes there was one photographer. But P. Harry has had problems with photographers period. That was what I was referring to in my later sentences. Maybe I should have said the media instead. The media did not put cannabis and alcohol at P. Harry's reach. He chose this path himself. The media doesn't force him to behave badly in public. He does this himself. The media didn't cause him to be a proverbial flunky; he's just too lazy to apply himself to his studies. P. Harry claims to dislike the media, yet does the things to stay in the media negatively. This incident has taken yards off of his credibility. P. Charles and P. William get hounded too, but you'll never see them behave in such a manner. They put their grievances in writing.

Also, P. Harry attacked the photog. P. Harry was half-way into his car, and then turn around and lunged at the photog; his bodyguards had to restrain him. If his bodyguards had not restrained him, that photog would have been seriously injured. What explanation or justification would the wily prince have then?

As for me being judge and jury, you're right maybe I shouldn't be. His actions speak for themselves. If he had been in the U.S. and not had a royal title, he was have been arrested for assault, immediately! We would have had mugshots instead. History will be a much better judge and jury! However, like anyone else, I will express my opinion. I believe this is only the beginning of a downward spiral for this prince. He takes one step forward and six steps back. I don't see how he could possibly lead soldiers as an officer with this type of behavior. Also, to rise to the more senior ranks of the British Army, he will need to have a degree. Slim chance of that happening, he can't seem to qualify for any University. P. Andrew was held back from promotions in the Royal Navy because he did not have at least a BA. And yes, P. Harry has disgraced himself - the photographer in the incident has nothing to do with this prince not knowing how to conduct himself appropriately. I guess P. Harry will always have someone making excuses for his behavior, and justifying his unruly actions.

Tags
prince harry