Prince Harry Current Events 9: November 2005-January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ran into a Brit who said it was common knowledge in England that Harry is James Hewitt's son. I didn't know it was such a certainty but he said it was.

So what's the opinion in England? what the man on the street thinks?

Well, if the tabloid press keeps on about it, I assume that means the man in the street is going to believe it. That doesn't necessarily mean anything. Since Diana stopped giving the Mail an inside track to the royal family, it seems to have compensated by making things as sensational as possible, as has the Mirror. Now they don't have new Diana stories to make money with, they've got to find something.

People must be dumb to believe he is james hewitts son. He looks so much like Charles and Phillip its creapy sometimes.

Elspeth said:
Well, if the tabloid press keeps on about it, I assume that means the man in the street is going to believe it.

No, I know that, Elspeth. I always find it curious though to hear how perception of people can really be different sometimes.

He seemed to like all the Royal Family, thought Diana and Charles were a mess, but liked them both, and liked Camilla too.

I was just shocked the way he said it, so nonchalantly, as if he were saying why are you really asking, everybody knows that.

ysbel said:
I just ran into a Brit who said it was common knowledge in England that Harry is James Hewitt's son. I didn't know it was such a certainty but he said it was.

So what's the opinion in England? what the man on the street thinks?

Most of the people I know believe that he is Hewitts son, unless they release the DNA test results that were apparently done on him and people can be sure they are the actual results, the rumours and certainty (right or wrong) of a lot of the UK, will persist.
It wasn't helped by the programme Hewitt did recently.

Last edited:
ysbel said:
Perhaps he's a relative of the couple a TRF member met who said that Prince William had "come out"?

LOL :D Warren

Skydragon said:
unless they release the DNA test results that were apparently done on him

That's what I was thinking, skydragon. I didn't know they did actually do the DNA tests but it seems cruel to Harry if they have the proof to let the rumours persist.

If there indeed were DNA tests done as rumored, and if they were published/released, it's still likely that those who prefer to believe the alternate paternity rumors would simply claim that the tests/results were fixed or falsified.

Sadly the whole question of Harry's paternity will go on though, personally speaking, I do think he's Charles's son. Have you ever seen the sideways on portrait of a young Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor? Majesty magazine printed this particular image alongside one of Harry and he does share a similarity with Edward VIII as a young man, even down to both having a slightly upturned nose. Also, re. Harry's red hair (the reason so many think he's Hewitt's son?): I saw film footage in the early 90s of a young Harry at the British Grand Prix with his Spencer cousin. They were like twins as both had the Spencer red hair. They were so alike that one of the newspapers or magazines actually put Harry's name under a photo of the cousin.

Having said all this...James Hewitt was 'hypnotised' for a rather tacky British TV programme a few weeks ago. If I remember rightly wasn't it then said that, under hypnosis, Hewitt said his relationship with Diana started in 1982, not 1984 as was always claimed. So....the dates would add up. But.....I don't think any of us can trust Hewitt to be telling the truth...I don't even trust his subconscious! :D

For what it's worth Diana always told everyone who asked that Harry was definitely Charles's son. Sorry if I'm being naive but I do actually believe her.

Joanne
www.theroyalist.net

Even if Diana did start her affair with Hewitt in 82 which I think has a good chance of being true. I dont think Diana would ever let herself become pregnant with another mans child to get at Charles or for whatever reason. William and Harry were planned I presume. The heir and the spare. I dont think Diana would have let herself get pregnant by James Hewitt. Plus, Harry looks like a Windsor.

waywellian said:
Having said all this...James Hewitt was 'hypnotised' for a rather tacky British TV programme a few weeks ago. If I remember rightly wasn't it then said that, under hypnosis, Hewitt said his relationship with Diana started in 1982, not 1984 as was always claimed. So....the dates would add up.

Joanne
www.theroyalist.net

Apparantly years ago, long before the hypnosis, Hewitt approach a publicist for advice on how to handle it, if the details of his affair starting in 81/82 ever got out. I havn't read Cliffords book (where he details this).
What made me think about the Hewitt programme was that after the hypnosis, he said that he was sticking to the dates that were 'public knowledge', as if to say, that it was not necessarily the truth.
We will never know the 'truth', as I said earlier, it would have to be proved that they were the actual results before everyone would believe them.
Knowing that people will allways speculate about his parentage, can't be nice for Harry, it is a terrible situation for a child to be put in and if DNA tests were done, the results should be released by the authorities. Charles is his dad to all intents and purposes, he has loved him, supported him through good times and bad and has always been there for him. They are the things that really matter, especially as he will not be the heir to the throne. All of this is IMO.

Last edited:
selrahc4 said:
If there indeed were DNA tests done as rumored, and if they were published/released, it's still likely that those who prefer to believe the alternate paternity rumors would simply claim that the tests/results were fixed or falsified.

Yeah, selrahc4, that is true. I was just thinking of the vast majority that don't have an agenda either way and may just accept that Harry is Hewitt's son because that's all they hear. If the DNA tests were released, then at least Harry wouldn't be confronted with the suspicion with most everyone he meets-just the few people with their own agendas. Then he could just ignore or avoid them.

I had always heard that their marrige didn't go bad until after Harry was born. But a paternity test would help. Does anyone know how you could get acess to the blood types of Harry, Charles, Diana, and James? Because that could possibly solve the entire dilema.

Recently I saw a photo of a young Peter Philips. It is in black and white and at first I though I was looking at Harry.

In addition I have seen a painting of the entire Royal Family painted in 1977. In that painting there is a 13 year old Prince Edward - who did I see when I first glanced at the painting - Prince Harry.

In addition looking at photos of a young Prince Andrew of Greece (Philip's father) again I see Harry.

As much as I would like to believe that Diana would have had a child by someone other than Charles to spite him I don't believe that she did.

My Feelings exactly looks just like him lol my mom dont think so though

ysbel said:
that is true. I was just thinking of the vast majority that don't have an agenda either way and may just accept that Harry is Hewitt's son because that's all they hear. If the DNA tests were released, then at least Harry wouldn't be confronted with the suspicion with most everyone he meets-just the few people with their own agendas. Then he could just ignore or avoid them.

My thoughts exactly.:)

Just to play the devil's advocate.

Let's say Harry, Charles and Hewitt take the DNA test "to put the matter to rest" and satisfy our curiosity. And the result shows definitively that Hewitt is Harry's father. Should Harry be stripped of his HRH and his lifestyle (and all the money he inherited from the Queen Mother) and then be known as Harry Hewitt or Harry Spencer?

FYI, I think Harry is Prince Charles' son, although he, like William, has the good fortune to resemble the more photogenic of their parents, and I wish people would let this subject go. It causes more trouble than it is worth, and it probably bothers Harry quite a lot.

Why should they do a DNA test, Charles is Harry's father, whether genetics say so or not. Prince Charles is raising him. The whole prince thing should be ignored we are looking at whether a boys father is his dad.

If a DNA test proved Hewitt is Harry's father I don't think Prince Charles could take Harry's inhierentence (HRH and lifestyle) away from him. If he did I think Prince William would restore it later. Charles adores Harry.

I saw a recent photo of James and Harry side by side and I must say I no longer see a resemblence. I have always thought Harry looks like Diana's brother Charles.

iowabelle said:
Just to play the devil's advocate.

Let's say Harry, Charles and Hewitt take the DNA test "to put the matter to rest" and satisfy our curiosity. And the result shows definitively that Hewitt is Harry's father. Should Harry be stripped of his HRH and his lifestyle (and all the money he inherited from the Queen Mother) and then be known as Harry Hewitt or Harry Spencer?

Well in that case, I'd say they shouldn't release the DNA tests. Harry should be considered Charles' son regardless. But if its proven that he is Charles' son, I think they can end the stories right there.

I was just shocked at how matter of fact this guy was. I broached the topic of royalty by asking him what he thought of Charles' and Camilla's visit to the U.S. He said he felt sorry for Charles, glad he was happily married to Camilla but of course everybody knew that Harry was Hewitts son. This was from my asking about C&C's trip! I never believed that Harry was Hewitt's son but its not something that I expected to be first out of someone's mouth when talking in general about the Royal Family.

That's why I'm curious on how prevalent the rumours are in England. If they are, its got to be hard for Harry.

I had heard that they did a paternity test immediately after both princes were born. That this was a common practice in royal families.

There isn't any doubt in my mind that he's Charles' son. They look very similar

Charles recognizes Harry as his legitimate son and he was born to married parents. As far as I know in the eyes of the succession laws he is Charles son. I don't think they would ever do a DNA test, and if they did they would never realese to the public. Even if the test proved that Harry was Charles son it's possible that the press would start screaming that DNA test be done to all royal children, it would be a bad thing to start.

ysbel said:
I was just shocked at how matter of fact this guy was. I broached the topic of royalty by asking him what he thought of Charles' and Camilla's visit to the U.S. He said he felt sorry for Charles, glad he was happily married to Camilla but of course everybody knew that Harry was Hewitts son. This was from my asking about C&C's trip! I never believed that Harry was Hewitt's son but its not something that I expected to be first out of someone's mouth when talking in general about the Royal Family.

That's why I'm curious on how prevalent the rumours are in England. If they are, its got to be hard for Harry.

The rumours are prevalent in the UK and as you say, it has got to be hard for Harry.
Charles, Camilla and William think the world of him and that must help.:)

You cant prove that Charles didn't want Harry....the only thing that Hewitt and Harry have in commmon is the red hair....in my opinion he has every characteristics of Windsor in him

runaway princess said:
You cant prove that Charles didn't want Harry....the only thing that Hewitt and Harry have in commmon is the red hair....in my opinion he has every characteristics of Windsor in him

of course charles loves harry. its obvious in the way they interact. he may have wanted a girl but i'm sure he changed his mind as soon as he held his son in his arms for the first time.

When Princess Margaret was born, King George VI went into a depression for days because she was not a boy. Does that mean he didn't love her? Of course not, the tenderness between father and daughter were evident to all who saw them.

So Harry had red hair. If you don't come from a family with red hair, it can be a shock but it doesn't mean that Charles doesn't love Harry.

At any rate, Charles seems more willing now to challenge evident falsehoods against him and his sons so who knows? He may decide to release the tests to put the matter at rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom