Prince Harry Current Events 9: November 2005-January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little_star said:
Well Cyprus has a large British military base so it may be Sandhust related. If it was however, surely there would have been other arrangements made as opposed to flying on a budget airline.

Officer cadets do normally travel cheaply. The army doesn't waste too much money getting them off on their encouraged 'hobby' and I suspect Harry could have travelled 1st class but, chose to travel with his year.
Can you imagine the fuss if the RAF had flown them out.
Wasn't it fortuitous that Harry chose scuba diving!;)

Last edited:
Prince Harry news and pictures part 6

Skydragon said:
Officer cadets do normally travel cheaply. The army doesn't waste too much money getting them off on their encouraged 'hobby' and I suspect Harry could have travelled 1st class but, chose to travel with his year.
Can you imagine the fuss if the RAF had flown them out.
Wasn't it fortuitous that Harry chose scuba diving!;)

That was what I thought and I agree with you. What happened the rock climbing course. What is this about traveling about his year?

kpusa1981 said:
That was what I thought and I agree with you. What happened the rock climbing course. What is this about traveling about his year?

I'm sorry, I should have said platoon or intake group rather than year. They will do all sorts in their training but, the Cyprus base is known for it's scuba diving facilities. He will have expressed his preference out of rock climbing, sailing or scuba diving, for this trip he probably got his first choice but, sometimes it is who's name is drawn out of the bag for which activity.:)

I guess he will just have to do it anyway. Part of the training...

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
But what if you get what you don't want to do?

It is rare that any oc is forced to do something he hates and if that really was the case, you have to hope that you can swap but, that really depends on your Captain and Major.:)

Army training isn't like prep school. The point isn't about entertainment or enjoyment, but what you need to know in order to survive in hostile environments. Harry, or any other recruits, may or maynot like rock climbing. But I'll bet they would have paid with all their fortunes to know how if they were trapped in a shootout in rocky terrain.

Prince Harry news and pictures part 6

Incas said:
Army training isn't like prep school. The point isn't about entertainment or enjoyment, but what you need to know in order to survive in hostile environments. Harry, or any other recruits, may or maynot like rock climbing. But I'll bet they would have paid with all their fortunes to know how if they were trapped in a shootout in rocky terrain.
Believe or not there are uses for scuba diving in the Army and the Military in general. Merry Christmas

Incas said:
Army training isn't like prep school. The point isn't about entertainment or enjoyment, but what you need to know in order to survive in hostile environments. Harry, or any other recruits, may or may not like rock climbing. But I'll bet they would have paid with all their fortunes to know how if they were trapped in a shootout in rocky terrain.

No it's not like prep school but, these are some of the things they are encouraged to do. All the training they are known to need as Officers, is done as a platoon and on the job after they pass out (graduate).
If anyone decided not to take part in any of these activities, they would be frowned upon and marked down but, probably not kicked out.:)

Not sure if this is posted yet....Newscom

277.jpg

At Christmas....

Good picture, runaway princess! Is that the only photo from Christmas?

I have to say Prince Harry is pretty cute. He seems to have more of a boyish charm to him than William. The Christmas pictures where William, Peter, and Harry are all standing next to each other, the family resemblance is uncanny! William looks like Peter and Peter and Harry kind of look similar. William and Harry look kind of alike but not enough for a random person on the street to say, oh they're brothers! Actually the average person probably could but that's not the point. :D Does that make any sense?!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=221982&d=1135520118

Peter's face is turned, but you can still kind of tell.

Last edited:
Poor Harry, his holiday ends tomorrow and it is back to Sandhurst, still it won't be long now until he becomes an officer and William has to salute him!:D

I think I like that idea, of William saluting him

It will just be weird and a different scene;)

Last edited by a moderator:
...and one that every younger sibling will revel in.

That's exactly what I was thinking, grevinnan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom