The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma

btw, i think it's really beastly of everyone to keep going on about this. i'm sure its very hurtful to Charles and Harry that people keep saying that.
Yes you are right about that, sometimes we forget the royals perspective of this and other things

Old 11-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
. they'll make it abundantly clear that Harry is Charles's son.
how will they do that?

Old 11-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
If they've done the tests and its proven that Harry is Charles' son, there seems to me very little harm and much to be gained by releasing the results. I just can't imagine a scenario wherein Harry is Hewitt's son.
Two problems with this course of action: it sets a precedent ("OK that's Harry's. So where's William's?"), which means every Royal birth will have to be followed by a public release of maternity tests. Otherwise people will ask "why hasn't the test been released for him/her?" Almost as bad as having a government minister present to witness the live birth to ensure no substitution is made.

And secondly, no matter what the result of the paternity test, some would just claim it's been faked, there's a cover-up, a conspiracy etc etc, and nothing would be resolved.
The "Real or Fake?" issue would become a story in itself.

Best to leave it alone.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:10 AM

I imagine the same way Norway have handled the claims that Olav wasn't Haakon's son - issue a statement saying that they have no reason to believe he is Hewitt's son and that his father isn't the Prince of Wales.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Two problems with this course of action: it sets a precedent ("OK that's Harry's. So where's William's?"), which means every Royal birth will have to be followed by a public release of maternity tests. Otherwise people will ask "why hasn't the test been released for him/her?" Almost as bad as having a government minister present to witness the live birth to ensure no substitution is made.

And secondly, no matter what the result of the paternity test, some would just claim it's been faked, there's a cover-up, a conspiracy etc etc, and nothing would be resolved.
The "Real or Fake?" issue would become a story in itself.

Best to leave it alone.
Hi Warren, I don't see a rash of paternity tests if they just release Harry's. William's paternity has never been questioned by any camp. The only other royal paternities that were questioned were Andrew and Edward but most people aren't going around saying its an absolute fact that Andrew is someone else's son.

You're right, some people are going to believe Harry is Hewitt's son no matter what but I don't think the average 'bloke' on the street is going to dismiss a DNA test and its the average bloke that doesn't necessarily follow royals but doesn't demand a republic either that the Royal Family has to be concerned with. Its the attitude of this group, I think, that will determine the fate of the monarchy. Its the same way with the swing vote in politics.

With Olav and Haakon, I believe both were dead at the time and there is something unsettling about digging up bodies to get the DNA samples for something that happened a 100 years ago.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I imagine the same way Norway have handled the claims that Olav wasn't Haakon's son - issue a statement saying that they have no reason to believe he is Hewitt's son and that his father isn't the Prince of Wales.
this rumor has sort of been simmering for years. if it suddenly began dominating the news (the way the Norwegian rumor did) they might do something like but right now i think there's no need whatsoever. issuing a statement would only draw more attention.

besides, what greater proof can there be that Harry is Charles' son than the sincere affection which we see between them whenever they are together?
Old 11-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
besides, what greater proof can there be that Harry is Charles' son than the sincere affection which we see between them whenever they are together?
For a regular family none, but the whole premise for a royal house is the crown passing from one generation to the next following the same bloodline that also passes down through generations. If they want to change that premise that's well and good. Then when a couple fails to have a heir they can just adopt like other couples that can't have children themselves.

But somehow I can't see the royal families being this progressive.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't believe anyone could possibly believe Diana would give birth to a child who was not her husband's?! Do you think she was that stupid?

Harry is Charles' son and there is no doubt about it.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Do you think she was that stupid?
please clarify what you mean by that question.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Do you think she was that stupid?
Nothing would suprise me.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Nothing would suprise me.
Well you who believe that Di was a a sort of over-ambitious and manipulative vixen (and from day 1, if you please), it surprises me you could believe that. Clearly giving birth to a lover's son would have totally destroyed her position in the BRF and irremediably stained her reputation (no more 'poor Diana' among the public opinion). Not to mention giving a superb reason to Charles to divorce her rapidly and rapidly marry Camilla (who would have looked like a Saint in comparison).
Clearly, that's would a foolish move from a over-ambitious manipulative vixen (don't you think?).

Old 11-29-2005, 05:41 PM

Or it would have given her a power over the RF. Her little legacy....
Old 11-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
I can't believe anyone could possibly believe Diana would give birth to a child who was not her husband's?! Do you think she was that stupid?
No. At least not in the years 1982-1984 when the boys were born.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hmmm...I love how we are all discussing this just because there is nothing else to discuss. This happened a few years ago when Harry was still in school.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Well you who believe that Di was a a sort of over-ambitious and manipulative vixen (and from day 1, if you please), it surprises me you could believe that. Clearly giving birth to a lover's son would have totally destroyed her position in the BRF and irremediably stained her reputation (no more 'poor Diana' among the public opinion). Not to mention giving a superb reason to Charles to divorce her rapidly and rapidly marry Camilla (who would have looked like a Saint in comparison).
Clearly, that's would a foolish move from a over-ambitious manipulative vixen (don't you think?).
I really love your post, I totally agree with you, thanks for your nice words fro diana. You let me !
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Hmmm...I love how we are all discussing this just because there is nothing else to discuss. This happened a few years ago when Harry was still in school.
LOL I was thinking that too.

Well if we've exhausted the subject of Harry's paternity, here's a little Harry escapade I found. It was posted by Harry's Polo Shirt the end of last month but we had too much else to talk about.

Harry is seeing red over 'sacked' aides memoirs

Apparently Charles' former secretary is writing a book about Charles' and Camilla's private life and claims Camilla pushed her out.

Harry met the co-author Nicholas Monson and got into an argument with him,

Quote:
Indeed Mr Monson, who is the heir to Lincolnshire grandee Lord Monson, was astounded to find himself on the end of a "finger-jabbing outburst" from Prince Harry when the two were introduced last month at a club in Earls Court.

Although Monson declines to expand on his encounter, a friend who saw it says: "Harry seemed to have been briefed on who Nicholas was - probably by his unofficial ADC, Mark Dyer, who was drinking with him - and started haranguing him about leaving his father alone.
So what do you think? Harry seems fed up on all the tell-all books circulating about his parents. Did he go over the top or is his anger justifiable?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry's £2 punt on Lotto
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005550463,00.html
Old 11-30-2005, 02:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Or it would have given her a power over the RF. Her little legacy....
In what sense? Do you think she could have sort of blackmailed them?? I don't understand.

Old 11-30-2005, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

More realistically, it would have given the Queen all the public support she needed to kick Diana out of the family for good if she had given birth to a lover's child! Since Diana's biggest fear was losing her position and public standing, I highly doubt she would ever have been so foolish.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Clearly giving birth to a lover's son would have totally destroyed her position in the BRF and irremediably stained her reputation
Only if she got found out, perhaps Diana was going for the last laugh or thought of it as pay back!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry