The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

I always wondered how they trained riot police. That's interesting.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Could Harry be part of the riot police? Or would it be to dangerous and controversial?

Old 11-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Could Harry be part of the riot police? Or would it be to dangerous and controversial?
I'm sure anything interesting he would want to do would be classified as too dangerous and controversial for him to do. Poor guy he pretty much has to join the army and can't do anything interesting in it.

Injured Harry is excused from bayonet-training

http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...=1586&Itemid=2

It's bayonet training! Harry misses all the fun stuff . Well Red Baron went out the window didn't it? Although I have to say I do like sicknote a heck of a lot more.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

If he is missing all of this training, how will he graduate?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
If he is missing all of this training, how will he graduate?
He has only miss 4 or 5 days and he seems to doing finethe rest of the time.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

He keeps getting injured right before an important training. I don't think he is a very good soldier...or at least a lazy one or he isn't really that into his career in the army. If he can't even show up for training, then why would the officers expect him to show up for actual fighting?

He injured his thumb playing polo-so he can't train...that is a stupid excuse to not be able to train for the army-aren't they trained to ignore injuries especially a thumb-come on! he hurt his thumb!

Old 11-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Nobility

Post Prince Harry Current Events part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
He keeps getting injured right before an important training. I don't think he is a very good soldier...or at least a lazy one or he isn't really that into his career in the army. If he can't even show up for training, then why would the officers expect him to show up for actual fighting?

He injured his thumb playing polo-so he can't train...that is a stupid excuse to not be able to train for the army-aren't they trained to ignore injuries especially a thumb-come on! he hurt his thumb!
He could broken it I mean he was playing rugby I assume while at Sanhurst over the weekend with some of the guys. The most important thing is to do the duration of the training. That would be part of feildcraft and they have probabaly praticed bayoneting quite a lot.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Commoner

Quote:
I don't think he is a very good soldier...
I don't think he'd make a very good soldier, either, but not because he wouldn't be physically competent. I just don't think he's constitutionally suited for it. Harry has always impressed me as being quite sensitive, the partying and clowning around creating a bluff facade for a much softer personality to hide behind. I do think a lot of his antics have been very much a response to trying to find himself in a life where he lost his mother as a young age and is always second to his brother in the spotlight.

William no doubt appears very kind and gentle, but Harry seems even more so, and I think once he grows up a little more and finds his niche (not, I'm afraid, in soldiering), then I think we'll see wonderful things from him indeed.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

The miliatry was supposed to control Harry, and it really hasn't.Mentally, he is just as sensitive as he was. I also believe he is still a big partier. That might explain some of the many injuries he has received.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy_digitalis
I don't think he'd make a very good soldier, either, but not because he wouldn't be physically competent. I just don't think he's constitutionally suited for it. Harry has always impressed me as being quite sensitive, the partying and clowning around creating a bluff facade for a much softer personality to hide behind. I do think a lot of his antics have been very much a response to trying to find himself in a life where he lost his mother as a young age and is always second to his brother in the spotlight.

William no doubt appears very kind and gentle, but Harry seems even more so, and I think once he grows up a little more and finds his niche (not, I'm afraid, in soldiering), then I think we'll see wonderful things from him indeed.
I think Harry didn't know what he wanted to do..so he was like "I always liked to play army as a child and I like shooting, and I want prove myself to the world so I 'll join the army"..Now he is like "ugg I don't like this". But he doesn't know what else he can do.

Old 11-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Think he will do fine in the long run
Old 11-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by justi
I know!
And what about them sneaking into Sandhurst I haven't heard a rumoured attempt at that for awhile. .
The security in and around Sandhurst has been increased 10 fold. Those poor beggars on guard duty really had their backsides kicked!:)
Old 11-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Prince Harry's Army Promotion

British royal PRINCE HARRY is being considered for promotion to sergeant or corporal after just five months in the British Army,.
I'm puzzled by this article, corporal's and sergeants are non-commisioned officers who have worked their way up the ranks. Harry will be a commisioned officer, starting with first lieutenant (if I remember rightly).
Sandhurst only trains commisioned officers.:)
Old 11-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Nobility

Post Prince Harry Current Events part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I'm puzzled by this article, corporal's and sergeants are non-commisioned officers who have worked their way up the ranks. Harry will be a commisioned officer, starting with first lieutenant (if I remember rightly).
Sandhurst only trains commisioned officers.:)
It is I think some kind of enter RMA Sandhurst ranking or somthing like that. When is he going to get the promotion?
When Cadet Officer Wales becomes a commissined officer he will be a Second Lieutenant he will at that rank 1 to 3 years until he become a First Lieutenant.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
It is I think some kind of enter RMA Sandhurst ranking or somthing like that. When is he going to get the promotion?
When Cadet Officer Wales becomes a commissined officer he will be a Second Lieutenant he will at that rank 1 to 3 years until he become a First Lieutenant.
Apparently, he is just cadet officer Wales, they do not have corporal or sergeant rank in RMAS for trainees. When he qualifies he will be, as you say, 2nd lieutenant, then lieutenant, captain,major, lieutenant colonel etc.:)

Training is normally 3 x 14 week terms and then further training for your arm or service.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
The miliatry was supposed to control Harry, and it really hasn't.Mentally, he is just as sensitive as he was. I also believe he is still a big partier. That might explain some of the many injuries he has received.
I agree. It seems everytime Harry is in a grueling time, he seems to always have an injury and it always seems to happen around the time of an invent he wants to attend.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky24
I agree. It seems everytime Harry is in a grueling time, he seems to always have an injury and it always seems to happen around the time of an invent he wants to attend.
or doesn't want to attend.

Old 11-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Nobility

Just wondering, since all of us figured out that the injuries just "happen" at the time at of a grueling event, don't the officials at the camp suspect something is wrong, or even worse, don't the have a limit on how many sessions you can miss? And due to that can't he get kicked out?
Old 11-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think they would kick him out, rather they would push him to quit.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
Just wondering, since all of us figured out that the injuries just "happen" at the time at of a grueling event, don't the officials at the camp suspect something is wrong, or even worse, don't the have a limit on how many sessions you can miss? And due to that can't he get kicked out?
It is unlikely he would be kicked out. The first thing that would happen after say, 8 unsubstantiated injuries (injuries not medically backed up by doctors at Sandhurst), would be that he is 'put back'. That means instead of graduating with his current group, he would be moved back to redo his training with another, newer group.
It's unlikely though. What the media forgets to tell you, is how many others have missed training events due to injuries.
Poor Prince Harry is made to look a complete slacker, when in fact he has probable missed less than others doing the same training.:)

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry