Prince Harry Current Events 8: September-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
justi said:
I know!
And what about them sneaking into Sandhurst I haven't heard a rumoured attempt at that for awhile. .

The security in and around Sandhurst has been increased 10 fold. Those poor beggars on guard duty really had their backsides kicked!:)

Harry's polo shirt said:
Prince Harry's Army Promotion

British royal PRINCE HARRY is being considered for promotion to sergeant or corporal after just five months in the British Army,.:confused:

I'm puzzled by this article, corporal's and sergeants are non-commisioned officers who have worked their way up the ranks. Harry will be a commisioned officer, starting with first lieutenant (if I remember rightly).
Sandhurst only trains commisioned officers.:)

Prince Harry Current Events part 5

Skydragon said:
I'm puzzled by this article, corporal's and sergeants are non-commisioned officers who have worked their way up the ranks. Harry will be a commisioned officer, starting with first lieutenant (if I remember rightly).
Sandhurst only trains commisioned officers.:)

It is I think some kind of enter RMA Sandhurst ranking or somthing like that. When is he going to get the promotion?
When Cadet Officer Wales becomes a commissined officer he will be a Second Lieutenant he will at that rank 1 to 3 years until he become a First Lieutenant.

Last edited:
kpusa1981 said:
It is I think some kind of enter RMA Sandhurst ranking or somthing like that. When is he going to get the promotion?
When Cadet Officer Wales becomes a commissined officer he will be a Second Lieutenant he will at that rank 1 to 3 years until he become a First Lieutenant.

Apparently, he is just cadet officer Wales, they do not have corporal or sergeant rank in RMAS for trainees. When he qualifies he will be, as you say, 2nd lieutenant, then lieutenant, captain,major, lieutenant colonel etc.:)

Training is normally 3 x 14 week terms and then further training for your arm or service.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
The miliatry was supposed to control Harry, and it really hasn't.Mentally, he is just as sensitive as he was. I also believe he is still a big partier. That might explain some of the many injuries he has received.
I agree. It seems everytime Harry is in a grueling time, he seems to always have an injury and it always seems to happen around the time of an invent he wants to attend.

Becky24 said:
I agree. It seems everytime Harry is in a grueling time, he seems to always have an injury and it always seems to happen around the time of an invent he wants to attend.

or doesn't want to attend.

Just wondering, since all of us figured out that the injuries just "happen" at the time at of a grueling event, don't the officials at the camp suspect something is wrong, or even worse, don't the have a limit on how many sessions you can miss? And due to that can't he get kicked out?:confused:

polop said:
Just wondering, since all of us figured out that the injuries just "happen" at the time at of a grueling event, don't the officials at the camp suspect something is wrong, or even worse, don't the have a limit on how many sessions you can miss? And due to that can't he get kicked out?:confused:

It is unlikely he would be kicked out. The first thing that would happen after say, 8 unsubstantiated injuries (injuries not medically backed up by doctors at Sandhurst), would be that he is 'put back'. That means instead of graduating with his current group, he would be moved back to redo his training with another, newer group.
It's unlikely though. What the media forgets to tell you, is how many others have missed training events due to injuries.
Poor Prince Harry is made to look a complete slacker, when in fact he has probable missed less than others doing the same training.:)

I wish harry would finish at sandhurst so we can see more of him. He wasnt at the rmembrance day event today

lady_windsor said:
I wish harry would finish at sandhurst so we can see more of him. He wasnt at the rmembrance day event today

Once he finishes his training I would think we would see less of him as he should actually be serving the defence force. Would this be correct or am I way off the base? Maybe someone could enlighten me with past experience of royals in the defence force?

I never thought of Harry as particularly sensitive. Diana always said that William got bothered by things more easily but stuff seemed to roll off of Harry's back. He was more happy go lucky.

He may have changed after his mother's death but I can't imagine he changed that much.

justi said:
Once he finishes his training I would think we would see less of him as he should actually be serving the defence force. Would this be correct or am I way off the base? Maybe someone could enlighten me with past experience of royals in the defence force?

We certainly saw less of Prince Charles and Prince Andrew once they had passed out. Prince Charles was away for ages and reporters were only given very limited access, although on a ship, it's easier to give him some privacy. Prince Andrew was 'missing' from the papers while he was on duty, apart from the occasional posed picture.
I presume that Harry will go where he is sent with his regiment and that photo opportunites will be scarce.
You will always get the paparazzi lurking in the bushes to get a new photo of him though.:)

Skydragon said:
It is unlikely he would be kicked out. The first thing that would happen after say, 8 unsubstantiated injuries (injuries not medically backed up by doctors at Sandhurst), would be that he is 'put back'. That means instead of graduating with his current group, he would be moved back to redo his training with another, newer group.
It's unlikely though. What the media forgets to tell you, is how many others have missed training events due to injuries.
Poor Prince Harry is made to look a complete slacker, when in fact he has probable missed less than others doing the same training.:)

All of injuries/illiness so far I am sure have been substantiated or he would be exsused from training.

kpusa1981 said:
All of injuries/illiness so far I am sure have been substantiated or he would be exsused from training.

I am sure his doctors will say anything Harry wants them to say.

I think his father would much prefer Harry staying out of the news than being the headliner. During his gap years, Harry sure worked hard to keep the red tops in business.;)

Skydragon said:
Apparently, he is just cadet officer Wales, they do not have corporal or sergeant rank in RMAS for trainees. When he qualifies he will be, as you say, 2nd lieutenant, then lieutenant, captain,major, lieutenant colonel etc.:)

Training is normally 3 x 14 week terms and then further training for your arm or service.

Thank you.
I know that the training at RMA Sandhurst.

polop said:
That's a VERY good point! It's also not fair (maybe because he's a prince?) that he can get away with that and not get in any trouble. Any of the other cadets did that as much as Harry would no doubt get reprimanded or worse.

kpusa1981 said:
Thank you.
I know that the training at RMA Sandhurst.

Sorry, I thought you were asking how long he was training for. My nephew is at RMAS but, I had to check about the ranks.:)

Incas said:
I think his father would much prefer Harry staying out of the news than being the headliner. During his gap years, Harry sure worked hard to keep the red tops in business.;)

I'm sure he was really trying.

Harry's polo shirt said:
I am sure his doctors will say anything Harry wants them to say.

I don't know about Harry but when I did Basic Training in the Army I got a SERIOUS case of tendinitis! I limped for almost two weeks. A friend of mine had it worse-he ended up on crutches! I don't know about the British system but in the U.S. we were required to march for at least 18 miles a week total-with 80 pound packs on our backs and it was the same for the men and the women. Boots really give your feet a pounding. They're not natural to run in like trainers.

Skydragon said:
Sorry, I thought you were asking how long he was training for. My nephew is at RMAS but, I had to check about the ranks.:)

Thank you.
I did wounder about the rank thing in tha article and would the Regiment that sponsors the cadet ever give enlisted/NCO ranks to that cadet while they are training at Sandhurst?

kpusa1981 said:
Thank you.
I did wounder about the rank thing in tha article and would the Regiment that sponsors the cadet ever give enlisted/NCO ranks to that cadet while they are training at Sandhurst?

NCO ranks are never given to officers in training. According to the services, officers and enlisted men and women are two different life forms.:D
Near the end of training at Sandhurst, the officer cadets can apply to the regiment they want to join, whether they are accepted or not is based on their pass score.
I can't see Harry having a problem in being accepted by any of them but, he may be limited which ones he can apply to by his Father or the palace.:)

Incas said:

sorry... not british...what does "red tops" mean?

pollyemma said:
sorry... not british...what does "red tops" mean?

The are the tabloid newspapers, the gutter press in the UK.:)

ok I know this has nothing to do with the current topic of discussion but I just can't get it out of my head so I thought I'd share. On the WB in the US is a show called Related and one of the characters on the show is a huge fan of Harry's. And last night on the show the guy (who's in his 30's and british) got all emotional saying that Harry has more strength and decency in is pinky than William and Charles put together. I thought it was funny at how emotional and defensive the character was of Harry but I also thought it was cool Wills and Charles were being over looked for Harry.

The man sounds psychotic! By the way Ditebaby I like you signature, it really shows his personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom