The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

What Rank will they both be in 4 years

Old 04-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
Harry's career will last. I think William will only do the mandatory 4 years and then get out.
I agree with you. William will probably do his 4 years and head for the country life as a "gentlemen farmer" perhaps. Depends if he can get away with it and not have to participate too often. I don't feel William really likes to get out too much, but of course, I may be wrong. He'll leave the "actual working" to Kate, if they should marry and she if she creates her own company with the baby clothes thing.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

After Harry has passed out and received his commission, he has the following options.

Sign up for 3 years on a Short Service Commission, this can be extended to 8 years.
After 2 years (if he is recommended) he can sign up for an Intermediate Regular Commission. This offers a mid length career of around 18 years.
He could apply for a Regular Commission (35 years or until he reaches 60) after he has served 2 years of an IRC.

All the timings start from when he is commissioned on the 12th April!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Will we know what he is doing before then?
Old 04-06-2006, 02:41 AM
Nobility

Post Prince Harry current events part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
After Harry has passed out and received his commission, he has the following options.

Sign up for 3 years on a Short Service Commission, this can be extended to 8 years.
After 2 years (if he is recommended) he can sign up for an Intermediate Regular Commission. This offers a mid length career of around 18 years.
He could apply for a Regular Commission (35 years or until he reaches 60) after he has served 2 years of an IRC.

All the timings start from when he is commissioned on the 12th April!
I thought that the timeing starts when 2nd Lt. Wales starts his "recon" training. Skydragon which
of those choices do you think that he will most likely choose?
Old 04-06-2006, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
I thought that the timeing starts when 2nd Lt. Wales starts his "recon" training. Skydragon which
of those choices do you think that he will most likely choose?
Once you have received your commission, the clock starts ticking as you are no longer a cadet and you are in receipt of full army pay, for your rank.

Harry hasn't got to make a choice of how long yet, as he has to complete at least 2 years before he can sign up for longer anyway.

I'm useless at guessing at what someone might choose, I even got it wrong when my own children decided to be career soldiers and airmen/women!

What do you think, bearing in mind he has got to do 2 years before he can even make a longer choice? :)
Old 04-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Once you have received your commission, the clock starts ticking as you are no longer a cadet and you are in receipt of full army pay, for your rank.

Harry hasn't got to make a choice of how long yet, as he has to complete at least 2 years before he can sign up for longer anyway.

I'm useless at guessing at what someone might choose, I even got it wrong when my own children decided to be career soldiers and airmen/women!

What do you think, baring in mind he has got to do 2 years before he can even make a longer choice? :)
Thank you Skydragon, I think that Harry may choose either the IRC or the RC. I would lean towrds the RC becausse things that he has said. Unless, he decides that because the Army does not allow him to fully use his training that he would prefur to just do the Short Service Commission for eight years.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, it seems like he has changed his mind so many times we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Well, it seems like he has changed his mind so many times we'll just have to wait and see.
What do you mean by that? The only thing I remember Harry saying on this subject is that he would stay in for 35 or 40 years. This is unless he is not allowed to fight and lead men. Then he will stay in for a lot less time.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Commoner

about the length of time harry might choose to sreve, remeber that he is part of the royal family so will need to think about royal duties, charity work(his mother), marriage and family life, i don't think he is going to make the same mistake his uncle did Prince Andrew, which in a way he even personally reflected was the trigger of the dertoriation of his marriage to fergie.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkylou
about the length of time harry might choose to sreve, remeber that he is part of the royal family so will need to think about royal duties, charity work, marriage and family life, i don't think he is going to make the same mistake his uncle did Prince Andrew.
I don't see Harry living with his wife in the normal quarter supplied for lower ranking officers and their wives somehow. Andrew was slightly different, as a naval officer, he had no option but to travel with his ship which meant long stints away. Even on a 4 month posting, land forces do get a chance of a week at home, halfway through the posting.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

A Week break thats pretty good Id like to see Harry Succeed in the Army and Settle down With a Wife and Family :)
Old 04-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I don't see Harry living with his wife in the normal quarter supplied for lower ranking officers and their wives somehow.
I think for security reasons, it might be safer for him to station with the other troops on a base, rather than in some stand-alone housing. It will also go against the notion of being treated the same as the rest of his team.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Commoner

Found an article about Prince Harry, unfortunatly it is not good publicity, he was at a strip club. although the article does state that he refused a lap dance as he has a girfriend.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=94987

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...60335,,00.html
Old 04-08-2006, 05:06 AM
Commoner

Its funny how the Sun doesn't wish to mention the bit about him turning down a lap dance, but focus the story on how Harry 'jiggled' in the dances chest. Hmmm, what to beleive!

Terrible as this may sound, I hope this pushes Chelsy's tolerance levels over the top and they split.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

The prince of lap land

Just when they thought Cadet Officer Wales had finally grown up, Prince Harry proved there may still be a little way to go.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...urce=&ito=1490

HARRY AND THE LAPDANCERS

EXCLUSIVE: Boozy royal's 3am knees-up with strippers

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html

Prince Harry hits lapdance club

Prince Harry has celebrated the end of his Army officer training with a visit to a lapdance club, it has been reported

http://www.itv.com/news/index_454203.html
Old 04-08-2006, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart
Its funny how the Sun doesn't wish to mention the bit about him turning down a lap dance, but focus the story on how Harry 'jiggled' in the dances chest. Hmmm, what to beleive!
I thought I'd give you a further choice on what to believe! Strange how none of them seem to agree on the same story, which may or may not be true.
Even if it is true, which ever one you believe, SO WHAT. Like 1000's of young men he went to a Lap dancing/strip club.
Oh no, could this mean he is normal?????
Old 04-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Commoner

Perhaps it does mean he is normal - HEAVEN FORBID!! hehe. However, he is in line to be on the throne so there is a thin line here. All the papers lap up the story (get it!?) but they do all say different things which confuses me slightly. I dont believe for one second that the dancer had a full on conversation about how much he loves Chelsy, I dont see Harry opening up to a stranger, in particular a stripper! I guess we'll never know how Chelsy feels about that...
Old 04-08-2006, 05:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyesonarmani
Found an article about Prince Harry, unfortunatly it is not good publicity, he was at a strip club. although the article does state that he refused a lap dance as he has a girfriend.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=94987

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...60335,,00.html
Ahhh, out of all the royal playboys/badboys Harry would have to be my favorite. There is just something about him that makes him get away with everything.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:33 AM
Commoner

I think its because the chances of him becoming King are pretty slim which means that he CAN get away with it; he's always been referred to as 'the spare part'! He's the youngest and cheekiest and has made bigger mistakes than this one (not that this is a mistake but in the eyes of the media it is) so something of this nature means he can get away with it!

Tags
prince harry