The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 07:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
William was in New Zealand when the 60th Anniversary took place.
Harry was definitely on the balcony, laughing with Camilla. He was in his officer cadet's uniform and was certainly in the car that came past me, returning from the celebrations at Horseguards.
I was talking about the huge parade we had on 13th November at the cenotaph on rememberance Sunday, not the 60th anniversary that was originally stated, I should have read Corazons post properly. :o William was definately on the balcony with Camilla as I have said at that one!
However Harry was not IN either parade.

Old 01-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

william was buckingham balcony for the trooping colour in 11 Jun 2005.

harry attend at Horse Guards Parade on National Commemoration Day July 10, 2005 in London before and the same day harry was in buckingham balcony.
the same day William at Auckland War Memorial Museum for ceremony on the 60th anniversary, william was there in queen name.

and william was in Remembrance Sunday service at Whitehall in London 13 November 2005.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
harry attend at Horse Guards Parade on National Commemoration Day July 10, 2005 in London before and the same day harry was in buckingham balcony.
the same day William at Auckland War Memorial Museum for ceremony on the 60th anniversary
The 60th Anniversary celebrations to mark the end of the 2nd world war

Quote:
and william was in Remembrance Sunday service at Whitehall in London 13 November 2005.
The Remembrance Day service, where William took part when he laid a wreath at the cenotaph, to remember all those killed fighting for the freedom we all enjoy now.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

[quote=Skydragon]
Quote:
The 60th Anniversary celebrations to mark the end of the 2nd world war.
The Remembrance Day service, where William took part when he laid a wreath at the cenotaph, to remember all those killed fighting for the freedom we all enjoy now.
of course.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
of course.
I wasn't actually asking a question, just trying to state which event each boy went to and what they were about, for anyone who was confused by the previous posts.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Nobility

Post Prince Harry current events part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
We will have to agree to disagree but with 2 sons who are serving Army Officers, a nephew training at Sandhurst, all with degrees and with the present advertising campaign pointing out that 'you are judged on your abilities not your qualifications', I can only put it down to a difference between the regular army and the reserve (which I believe is like our territorials).

As we have all seen, you can't rely too much on what the papers say.
Harry Non-Graduate Cadet/ Officer:
1-3 year at 2nd Lt.
3 years at Lt.
5 years at Captian
This means that 11 years he would only be a captian and he would around 32 and might not be able to recieve the rank of Major.

William Graduate Cadet /Officer:
3 years at Lt.
5 years at Captian
This means that after the 8 years at 32 and he would be able to try for Major.

This is how having university effects things.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Where does everyone see William and Harry in 10 (Military wise) :)
Old 01-12-2006, 12:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Where does everyone see William and Harry in 10 (Military wise) :)
in june for the trooping colour, or may be in april for queen's birthday.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-12-2006, 04:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
This is how having university effects things.
Strange, it is not the way my sons have progressed over the years, or indeed any of my other male relatives, with and without any degrees. Both of the boys having spent less than the time you quote at Lt or Captain.:)

I find it troubling that anyone would think a degree in The Beatles, Psychology or Madonna, (all valid degree couses), would make any difference in the army promotion stakes, it would be like a belief, that you can be taught 'man management' or leadership.

I think we are all agreed that William will probably come out as a Lt., gain promotion faster, whether this will be purely on who he is, is up to the individual to decide but, in the modern Army having a degree is secondary to your ability to lead. He could of course fail his initial exams and decide to leave early.

Harry will have at least 14 weeks to savour the chance of William having to salute him, which is where this all began I think.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Harry will still be in the military, but Wills won't.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
you're right, Harry loved the military, i not sure about wills about the military,I think that is his obligation.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Nobility

Post Prince Harry current events part 7

Quote:
you're right, Harry loved the military, i not sure about wills about the military,I think that is his obligation.
Agreed Harry will stay in as long as he can. Agreed on William as well.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Agreed Harry will stay in as long as he can. Agreed on William as well.
Harry did say that he feels a strong bond with Lesotho and would like to continue helping the people there. and if his army career got in the way he might have to opt to help out in Lesotho instead.

its also conveniently close to his girlfriend's home.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe William will stay longer who knows dependng on how long the Queen lives ect I Think he will marry by 2009 because thats when his stint is up After that time permitting id like to see him in each of the other brances :)
Old 01-13-2006, 02:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think william will marry in 2007.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
I agree. I think Harry will still be in but, not see a lot of active service which might frustrate him enough to buy himself out.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Nobility

Harry seems to enjoy the military way of life more I mean he was the head of the cadet force in Eton. William seems to be entering because he knows that one day he most likely will be head of the armed forces when he becomes King.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
From interviews that he has given, it seems that Wills doesn't really want to go. But Harry did.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
Harry seems to enjoy the military way of life more I mean he was the head of the cadet force in Eton. William seems to be entering because he knows that one day he most likely will be head of the armed forces when he becomes King.
I think Harry loves being in the military because he feels like he is important. While growing up, he was always second fiddle compaired to his brother...(he was called "the spare") military life makes Harry feel needed.

Old 01-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
I think Harry loves being in the military because he feels like he is important. While growing up, he was always second fiddle compared to his brother...(he was called "the spare") military life makes Harry feel needed.
I think you are right, so many 2nd sons of the aristocracy became or become officers. He must get sick and tired of being compared to anyone. He is Harry!:)

Tags
prince harry