The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Harry's an adult. He doesn't need to have exactly the same things William had. This isn't "Everybody Loves Raymond." Harry needs to concentrate on his training.

Old 09-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by delineate
I'm rather apathetic when it comes to Charles and his actions, but why can't he rebuild his own reputation, instead of telling his adult son how to celebrate his birthday?
People who dislike Charles will keep on disliking him no matter what he does. He could actually get chemical castration and even that would not be enough to those who won't forgive his «sin», won't forget and won't let anyone else forget. Some just can't understand the sacred part of confession and pardon.

Charles guiding his rebellious and explorative son shows he has a heart, he cares and he's there for him.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:15 AM
Nobility

This is totally whacked. Prince William had basically the royal birthday party of the century while Harry gets a "modest" party. That just seems a bit uneven to me.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:23 AM
Courtier

Harry himself refused a large party to celebrate his 21st. He also refused to have a big party for his 18th, he said so at his 18th birthday interview.

Harry is giving a 21st birthday interview to ITV which should be interesting!
Old 09-06-2005, 06:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
People who dislike Charles will keep on disliking him no matter what he does. He could actually get chemical castration and even that would not be enough to those who won't forgive his «sin», won't forget and won't let anyone else forget. Some just can't understand the sacred part of confession and pardon.

Charles guiding his rebellious and explorative son shows he has a heart, he cares and he's there for him.
When you confess you are asking forgivness. Charles is not sorry for his actions, therefore, he does not deserve pardon.

Old 09-06-2005, 06:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Harry's an adult. He doesn't need to have exactly the same things William had. This isn't "Everybody Loves Raymond." Harry needs to concentrate on his training.
It's his birthday. He can take a break from the training for one day. It could do him some good. Besides he should celebrate his 21 years of life. It is his 21 years, Charles shouldn't tell him how to celebrate it.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Aristocracy

I think Harry should be allowed to celebrate his 21st birthday. Just find a way to keep it more under control. If that's at all possible!
Old 09-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
When you confess you are asking forgivness. Charles is not sorry for his actions, therefore, he does not deserve pardon.
We don't know whether or not Charles is sorry for his actions. Is there anyone anywhere who could deserve your pardon?
Old 09-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
It's his birthday. He can take a break from the training for one day. It could do him some good. Besides he should celebrate his 21 years of life. It is his 21 years, Charles shouldn't tell him how to celebrate it.
I don't mind him taking a break or doing something for himself, if he has time off from training. But Harry doesn't need another bacchanalia or another opportunity to do something foolish that gets in the media.

And as for equality between brothers... siblings are never equal, no matter who they are. (My brother still insists I "owe" him 3 years of cheeseburgers and Coca-Cola.)
Old 09-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
But since Charles would probably be paying for it...
Old 09-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

is that really true? how inappropriate!
Old 09-07-2005, 04:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by delineate
I'm rather apathetic when it comes to Charles and his actions, but why can't he rebuild his own reputation, instead of telling his adult son how to celebrate his birthday?
....hehe...I think Prince Charles is scared of another costume pary on Harry's behalf...
Old 09-07-2005, 05:04 AM
Courtier

I think his father knows best what is good for his son.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
We don't know whether or not Charles is sorry for his actions. Is there anyone anywhere who could deserve your pardon?
what is that supposed to mean? As for someone deserving my pardon. If they are truely sorry for their actions, I forgive and forget. I don't understand why you are so rude to me all of sudden. I have been very kind to you.:(

Prince Charles married his sin. That has to show that he isn't very sorry about it. He said that he wasn't embarrassed about it also (in the documentary thank you note).

Old 09-07-2005, 06:06 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

This is the Prince Harry Thread.
Discussions about Prince Charles should be conducted elsewhere.

thanks

Warren
British Forums SuperModerator
Old 09-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecka
This is totally whacked. Prince William had basically the royal birthday party of the century while Harry gets a "modest" party. That just seems a bit uneven to me.
Thank You!

Old 09-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Thank You!
when Harry stop dresses as a freak ( the nazi shirts and etc.) I belive he would get some big party as well. May be the roylas are afraid that he would do something wild again.And he has proven to do so.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

From BBC News:

Harry coin to mark 21st birthday

The first coin featuring Prince Harry is being issued by the Royal Mint to mark his 21st birthday next week.

A portrait of the prince in a sweater and open necked shirt features on the reverse of the commemorative £5 coin, which also displays his coat of arms.

The full article can be read here.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Courtier

WOW...Will was a stamp for his birthday..while Harry is a coin..what will they think of next...
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Royal Highness

Now, if we're all concerned about Harry getting "equal" treatment, is a coin better than a stamp?

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry