The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
She looks like a high-ranking member of the Bimbo Club. I gues that's how he likes them: blond, cheap and floosyish. It'll be over by the New Year.
That's a lot to tell from just looking at a few pictures of someone. She dresses like a lot of 20 year old girls. I guess they all belong to the Bimbo Club too.

Old 12-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, and even younger girls look that way now, too.

Old 12-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Commoner

I don't dress like that! I kinda dress like a secretary. A fashionable secretary. :)
And not all girl dress like that. Only some. Skin isn't in anymore and girls are dressing classier.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just have to say that i'm not too fond of Prince Harry. he seems like a selfish spoilt brat, i know it seems harsh but thats the way he has been acting of late.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
I just have to say that i'm not too fond of Prince Harry. he seems like a selfish spoilt brat, i know it seems harsh but thats the way he has been acting of late.
I agree with you completely. He doesn't seem to be serious about anything. Given his record, if he didn't have money or a title, he'd either be working at McDonald's or at a local car wash.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Australian, I agree with you. Harry will give many scandal to the British Royal Family. Problably he feels that William is more famous than him and with this behaviour he's trying to get attention.
But I would like to ask to Kinneret5764 what's the problem in working at McDonald's or at a local car wash? I don't work in theses places but I wash my car at the my local wash and sometimes I eat a Sunday ice-cream on MacDonald's and I never found anything wrong with the emplyees of this two places.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Gentry

This relationship will last longer than J.Lo's first marriage. In other words, it will be over within a year and a half.

Obviously he's young and will 'play' around with this girl; I highly doubt that he will marry her. Thank god. This girl reminds me of Paris Hilton -- and that is not a compliment, folks.

~A :)
Old 12-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I give it less. She talked to the press.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:20 AM
Courtier

paris is way better looking than her
Old 12-12-2004, 03:56 AM
Courtier

I feel sorry for him. He's being made into the black sheep of his family, which is a shame b/c he seems like such a nice guy and b/c he's already experienced so much pain. Kudos to him if he's found happiness, even if it is or has been temporary in the past, he deserves it and so does William. But if William is being "naughty" he too should get "bad press" as well b/c it's only fair to Harry, seeing as he claims he doesn't want to be mollycoddled and wants to be treated like everyone else. And if neither want's to be in the press for negitive things, then neither one should do negitive things, not to sound like the morality police.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
Australian, I agree with you. Harry will give many scandal to the British Royal Family. Problably he feels that William is more famous than him and with this behaviour he's trying to get attention.
But I would like to ask to Kinneret5764 what's the problem in working at McDonald's or at a local car wash? I don't work in theses places but I wash my car at the my local wash and sometimes I eat a Sunday ice-cream on MacDonald's and I never found anything wrong with the emplyees of this two places.
There's something wrong with working at McDonald's in a non-managerial job if you've been given the same privileged education as Harry has. Eton is an extremely good school, one of the best educations that money could buy in the U.K. Harry seems to have squandered all that. If you're a manager/owner of a McDonald's or a car wash, then that's a different story. But after being given the privilege of a fine education, if all P. Harry can do is little odd jobs here and there, and party all night and laze around all day, then he has wasted his time, and his family's money.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Aristocracy

I wonder if the following story has any truth to it. We may see a royal wedding very soon:

Harry 'wants to wed Chelsy'

by BARBARA JONES and MATT NIXSON, Mail on Sunday 08:46am 12th December 2004

Prince Harry and his South African girlfriend Chelsy Davy are discussing marriage, a close relative told The Mail on Sunday last night.

Paul Davy, Chelsy's uncle, revealed that the couple's feelings for each other had deepened and they were now inseparably in love.

"Yes, they want to marry," he declared. Mr Davy added that Harry will meet Chelsy's parents - Charles and Beverly Davy - on a family holiday on an exotic island off Mozambique. The aim was for him to get to know his prospective parents-in-law.

"Probably the meetings with Charles and Beverly would formalise their relationship and aid the process," the uncle said - making clear that "the process" could lead to marriage.

'Threatening to spiral out of control'

The family's claims will cause consternation in Royal circles. Officials have adopted a vow of silence on the subject of Royal romances. But Charles is likely to view the public comments of a member of the Davy family with concern.

There is already worry that 20-year-old Prince Harry is threatening to spiral out of control.

Like many parents before him, Prince Charles may now face having to dissuade a headstrong offspring from plunging into a life-altering decision that could end in disaster. Charles's reactions will be further complicated by his guilt at the death of Diana and the traumatic effect it had on Harry. It was a factor in the young Prince's determination to lead his own life and this has led him into a string of escapades involving drugs, drunkenness and a violent attack on a Press photographer.

This apart, there is the immediate question of the suitability of 19-year-old Chelsy as a Royal bride.

The Mail on Sunday revealed last week that Mr Davy's company, HHK Safaris, runs lucrative hunting trips for British, American and Germans willing to pay tens of thousands of dollars to shoot big game, including lions, leopards and even giraffes.

Wealthy Mr Davy - one of Zimbabwe's biggest ranch owners - is thought to control one per cent of all the country's agricultural land at a time when hundreds of other white farmers have been evicted and forced out by the Mugabe regime.

Romantic holiday

Mr Davy's relationship with the Zimbabwe dictator is sure to attract close scrutiny.

Marriage would also raise the prospect of the Prince spending large amounts of time in Africa.

In the short term, Royal observers will be watching to see whether Harry's devotion to Chelsy will deflect him from entering Sandhurst, as arranged, next year.

The Prince has already postponed his arrival at the elite academy, citing a knee injury.

The couple, who have been dating for eight months, are enjoying a romantic holiday together on the remote tropical island of Bazaruto.

Mr Davy hastened to add that an engagement was not imminent, saying: "I wouldn't say that's the purpose they are in Mozambique. They are on holiday there."

However, he admitted that Zimbabwean-born Chelsy's relationship with the 20-year-old Prince had sparked excitement within the family.

"It has caused a lot of publicity. Chelsy's father Charles has been observing this with much interest," he said.

Harry's relationship with Chelsy - which blossomed after they met when she was a pupil at Cheltenham Ladies' College, near Prince Charles's Highgrove Estate - was exclusively revealed by The Mail on Sunday two weeks ago.

Links to Mugabe

Last week, the couple, who have tried to keep the passionate romance secret, were pictured sharing a lingering kiss after rendezvousing at a 300,000 holiday home owned by Chelsy's parents at the smart South African resort of Umhlanga Rock, east of Durban.

Lying back on a sunbed, Chelsy reached up to put her arms round Harry before tenderly cupping his face in her hands in plain view of those living in nearby apartments.

According to Chelsy's uncle, Harry is now visiting Mozambique as a guest of HHK Safaris, which is part-owned by Webster Shamu, President Mugabe's Minister of Policy Implementation.

Mr Shamu is accused by the Zimbabwe opposition MDC party of being involved in some of the bloodiest violence of the 2001 Presidential elections.

Mr Davy has benefited from extensive links to the Mugabe regime - and has even recruited one of the dictator's most notorious lieutenants to his safari company.

The Zimbabwean government has proved itself adept at embarrassing the British establishment: Foreign Secretary Jack Straw was internationally castigated after shaking Mugabe's hand, and the English cricket team's tour of the central African country became a political running sore.

Private resort

Prince Charles's officials will be on guard against any attempts by Mugabe to turn the Harry romance to his advantage. Courtiers will be similarly wary if the Davy family begins talking up the relationship - including talk of marriage - particularly if, in doing so, it curries yet more favour with the Mugabe regime.

The suggestion that Harry is in any way benefiting from the hospitality of members of the regime will alarm Prince Charles' advisers.

Paul Davy said: "Harry and Chelsy are obviously being hosted by HHK Safaris it is a travel and tourism agency."

But he said that his brother's firm was not footing the entire bill, adding: "I don't think Charles is paying for the other expenses. They can meet their own expenses."

Chelsy's brother, Shaun, was also holidaying with the family on Bazaruto, where guests stay in thatched chalets around a sandy bay on the Indian Ocean. The resort is popular for diving and snorkelling among rich tourists and famed for its privacy. The Mozambique authorities - who are allies of the Mugabe regime - have gone to enormous lengths to prevent journalists getting access to the Prince. Several have had equipment confiscated while others have been asked to leave Harry's hotel.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Courtier

If he ever marries her, I don't think the marriage will last for long.
He's only 20....

Old 12-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

HAAAA!! I'm sorry but that's the funniest thing that I've read in such a long time.

The fact that she and her 'relatives' are talking to the press already spells DOOM for the "marriage".

If Harry truly has feelings for this girl, he will a) tell her and her family to stop talking about their relationship, b) go to Sandhurst or school or SOMETHING c) wait 5 years and then propose!
Old 12-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
paris is way better looking than her
You can't be serious?!

I live in L.A. and I see that girl all the time at Whole Foods Market in Malibu. Trust me make-up and hair extensions go along way!

Back to the subject at hand, well, it looks like Harry is a wee bit outta control if the papers are correct. Thanks for the link, Kinnere.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Aristocracy

I think Harry seems as a nice person, but also spoiled and used to get everything he wants... I hope he will grow up, and take his time to find his bride before gets married!
Chelsy?? I dont know...She is not what I think of when I picture a princess...
I think Harry will break up with her whithin a year, and not marry before he`s about 28-29 years old...I think he will marry a girl from the middle class..

BTW: Is Chelsy very rich??
Old 12-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Since Harry is so wonderful and this is the girls father we're talking about, he just obviously wants to see his daughter marry "well". It will look good for him and basically erase any past errors on her part.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Courtier

he mabye that means if someone with a clean reputation meets a nauty prince they can play up haha and that cancells out too... i dont care who you are... royalty shouldnt discuss sex life with the public...
Old 12-13-2004, 06:54 PM
Courtier

what i meant to say is no matter who you are it isnt classy to be reading about that naughty stuff... like the tabloids have gone over the top
Old 12-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Most definately!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry