Prince Harry Current Events 4: October 2004-January 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be nice....anyone else would have been reprimanded and would have had to forfeit their place at Sandhurst. What will Clarence House cook up next if he gets into more trouble before May 2005?

Prince Harry off the hook for nightclub scuffle

Sun Dec 26, 4:41 AM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Prince Harry, who has gained a reputation the most unruly royal, has got off without charges after his scuffle with a photographer outside a nightclub in October.

The Sunday Express tabloid said that public prosecutors had intended to give him a "criminal caution" but that the decision was overturned through an administrative error.

A Crown Prosecution Service spokeswoman quoted by the tabloid said a "breakdown in communication" had led to the error in Harry's case.

Harry's file referred to the fact that he was third in line for the throne -- after his father Prince Charles and elder brother William -- instead of merely mentioning his name, the CPS said.

The prince's backers have argued the 20-year-old merely pushed a camera away after it struck him in the face as he got into a car outside a fashionable London nightclub on October 21. The photographer Chris Uncle has argued that the royal "lunged" at him instead.

The CPS spokeswoman, while admitting that Harry's file had accidentally mentioned his status as a royal, said his case had been "reviewed according to the code in a similar way to any other".

A criminal record could have kept Harry from enrolling in the elite Sandhurst military academy, as he plans to do in May.

Thatnks for the pix of Harry fishing.

Last edited:
Chelsy Davy gets royal nod

CHELSY Davy – the blonde beauty tipped to be Britain's newest princess – has won the approval of Prince Charles to join the royal family.

0,1658,405454,00.jpg

HI, PRINCESS: Chelsy Davy is being welcomed into the royal family

Reports from London said Charles had welcomed the calming effect the Zimbabwean student has had on his wayward son Prince Harry, 20, since they started dating eight months ago.

Harry's wild ways have made headlines around the world since he started partying his way through his working-holiday year – which included a stint in Queensland – between school and college.

Royal circles are abuzz with speculation that Harry is set to propose to Ms Davy, 19, after her uncle Paul Davy this week said the Prince had met her wealthy parents to discuss marriage.

"Their plans are set," he said.

And a report in London's Sunday Express newspaper said the Prince had stunned army chiefs by inviting his girlfriend on a skiing holiday despite deferring his officer training at the prestigious Sandhurst academy because of a knee problem.

Harry was said to be "terrified" the tough regime at Sandhurst, where cadets are confined to barracks for the first five weeks and not allowed contact with the outside world, would harm the relationship he has described as his first true love.

He was to have started his training next month, but has deferred it indefinitely.

"All we can do now is wait for him to turn up," Sandhurst spokesman Lt-Col Roy Parkinson said.

"As the upper age limit at Sandhurst is 29 he could keep delaying it until he is fit enough. It is true he won't be able to see his girlfriend for five weeks, which is hard . . . you just have to put up with it."

Royal aides confirmed Harry would ski with a group of mates before being joined by his father and Prince William, 22, for their yearly skiing holiday at Klosters in Switzerland

Clot Shot And Two Smoking Barrels

PRINCE Harry blasted pheasants out of the sky yesterday while smoking a cigarette.
The 19-year-old joined members of the Royal Family, including his brother William, 22, Prince Philip and Prince Andrew, for their traditional shoot at Sandringham in Norfolk.
Wearing a green shooting jacket and flat cap to keep out the cold, he also had a cartridge belt around his waist.
But he nonchalantly lit a cigarette with his double barrelled shotgun tucked under his right arm as he waited for more pheasants to fly over.
An onlooker said: "He looked like he was desperate for a smoke and couldn't wait to light up. I suppose smoking is frowned upon in Sandringham House so he has to make up a for it by having crafty ciggies outside."
Andrew Tyler, director of anti-blood sports charity Animal Aid, criticised the prince's "casual attitude" to killing birds.
He said: "The fact that he can enjoy a smoke while out shooting shows killing living creatures is second nature to him.
"To act in such a casual and cavalier manner shows his immature attitude.
"The royals could amuse themselves in any number of ways yet it seems they can't wait to go out and kill things. It is pathetic and grotesque."
Prince Edward's wife Sophie and Princess Anne watched the shoot. Sophie also played with one of Anne's Staffordshire bull terriers.

More P. Harry news. I don't think his knee is too bad; seeing that he has so much "energy" for his girlfriend:

Prince's girl 'not welcome'
03/01/2005 13:28 - (SA)
http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_1642386,00.html#http://red.as-eu.falkag.net/red?cmd...4955&bid=519485&dat=http://www.rotatrim.co.zahttp://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_1642386,00.html#
tsp.gif

Ivor Price

London - Prince Harry begged, but his father did not budge: Chelsy Davy was not allowed to attend the royal family's New Year's Eve party at Highgrove in Britain.

The Mail on Sunday reported on Sunday that Harry wanted to invite his Capetonian girlfriend to officially introduce her to his father, prince Charles, and his long-time girlfriend, Camilla Parker Bowles.

The young couple, whose antics made the headlines in British and South African newspapers recently, had to spend Christmas apart. Media reports claim that they can't wait to be together again.

Although Charles refused to allow the 19-year-old Davy to attend the party because he did not want to "disrupt established household arrangements", he agreed that Davy could stay at his house in Gloucestershire in a few weeks' time on condition that she and Harry does not share a room.

Speculation is rife in royal circles that Charles wants Harry to keep a low profile this month because he would soon start studying at the Sandhurst military academy. "They are concerned that Harry will do stupid things with Chelsy around. This will obviously not look good, since Harry's enrolment at Sandhurst has already been postponed because he injured his knee," the report states.

Well I no longer feel sorry for Harry being the spare. He would not make a good king. Gosh so freagin immature...

I'm sure he's been getting more exercise with Chelsy on his vacation than he would have had if he enrolled in Sandhurst this January. He isn't even discreet about his relationship with her; even in front of the parents. Some things are meant to be: Harry is the second-born, the spare because he is not fit to be king.

kinneret5764 said:
I'm sure he's been getting more exercise with Chelsy on his vacation than he would have had if he enrolled in Sandhurst this January. He isn't even discreet about his relationship with her; even in front of the parents. Some things are meant to be: Harry is the second-born, the spare because he is not fit to be king.
I'm sorry, but how do you know what Harry and Chelsy are doing on their "vacation?" A few innocent kisses on a balcony are nothing, and it's quite rude to presume you know what someone else is doing in their free time.

I am by no means a fan of Harry's behavior, but it's his life, not any of ours...what he does behind closed doors, and with whom he spends his private is his business. There are so many people out there who are so much worse with public displays of affection...I haven't seen anything more then kissing from Harry and therefore find it unfair to make comments such as those you have made in your above post.

He's the second born because he was born second; it's nothing to do with his fitness for the monarchy. It seemed that Georve VI made a better king than Edward VIII despite being second born, since Edward seemed to have a rather eccentric idea of what the king should and shouldn't do.; George V was certainly an improvement on his elder brother.

Harry has been brought up in public during a time of major press intrusion into the public life of the royal family, lost his mother at a tragically early age, is second born in a family where being first born is of paramount importance, and has a share of the Spencer genes, which haven't exactly resulted in great emotional and behavioural stability in many of his Spencer relations over the last century. I expect he isn't finding life all that uncomplicated.

Elspeth said:
He's the second born because he was born second; it's nothing to do with his fitness for the monarchy. It seemed that Georve VI made a better king than Edward VIII despite being second born, since Edward seemed to have a rather eccentric idea of what the king should and shouldn't do.; George V was certainly an improvement on his elder brother.

Harry has been brought up in public during a time of major press intrusion into the public life of the royal family, lost his mother at a tragically early age, is second born in a family where being first born is of paramount importance, and has a share of the Spencer genes, which haven't exactly resulted in great emotional and behavioural stability in many of his Spencer relations over the last century. I expect he isn't finding life all that uncomplicated.
Very well said, Espeth. I am not a big fan of Harry. Actually, I am indifferent. However, it must be very difficult to live in a fishbowl. I know quite a few people who got into their share of trouble at Harry's age and they turned out to be fine outstanding citizens. I really do feel for all royal children because they have no choice about living their lives in the limelight.

Britters said:
I'm sorry, but how do you know what Harry and Chelsy are doing on their "vacation?" A few innocent kisses on a balcony are nothing, and it's quite rude to presume you know what someone else is doing in their free time.

I am by no means a fan of Harry's behavior, but it's his life, not any of ours...what he does behind closed doors, and with whom he spends his private is his business. There are so many people out there who are so much worse with public displays of affection...I haven't seen anything more then kissing from Harry and therefore find it unfair to make comments such as those you have made in your above post.
They were more than just kissing. They shared the same suite in Bazaruto and Cape Town. P. Harry begged Charles to allow him and Chelsy to share the suite suite at Highgrove. He has forbidden it. Chelsy can only come to Highgrove on the condition that she and Harry are in separate rooms. I don't think a couple in love a "just kissing" when they're sleeping in the same room. And, they behaved quite indiscreetly in front of her own parents - who seemed to turn a blind eye. I guess they approve of P. Harry "milking the cow for free", hoping it will result in a royal marriage. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was going on.

I would not approve of my daughter openly cavorting with someone she was not married to, and worse, in my presence. To me that is pure and total disrespect, on the part of the daughter and her boyfriend.

And I hear there is another vacation for the both of them in the Alps soon. P. Harry has been on vacation for almost two years. If I were Charles, he would been in Sandhurst right after he left Eton. At least that would have been a preventive measure to the current headlines: Harry would have already been a military officer and...working.

Last edited:
Prince Charles grapples with fatherhood
clear.gif

twt-grey2.gif
London, England, Jan. 3 (UPI) -- Britain's Prince Charles had to play the "heavy" role by forbidding Prince Harry's girlfriend from sharing a room over New Year's, the Daily Mail said Monday.

Staff at the Highgrove residence told the newspaper Charles refused his 20-year-old son's request that Chelsy Davie stay over to meet Charles and his mate, Camilla Parker Bowles.

But Charles reportedly agreed the 19-year-old South African Davie can stay at his Gloucestershire home in a few weeks, but again vetoed the pair from sharing a room.

"Harry's been told they will have to sleep in separate rooms and can't even have adjoining suites, which may become a bone of contention," a staff member told the newspaper.

Harry and Chelsy secretly dated for at least eight months before their relationship became public five weeks ago. British media has speculated they will soon be announcing their engagement.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Yeah, he probably wouldn't make a good king, but he seems more willing than William.
Harry, and I'll quote Diana, "likes the pomp and pageantry of royal occasions." I don't think Harry could last a day with the responsibility of being king. William, though reticent, is more far more solid and stable. I think William will eventually grow into his role. He has made the effort to allow himself to be taught. Harry, on the other hand, doesn't seem to want to learn anything but partying and mixing drinks. Sometimes I wonder if he is afraid to go to Sandhurst.

william isnt even nexts to become king he is still hier apparent i dont think harry will get a chance at the thrown... he seems really sleezy...

Gee, I wonder what this is supposed to mean?

Charles, prince of the prudes

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Ben Summerskill
Wednesday January 5, 2005
The Guardian

[/font][font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]"She's not black or anything, you know." Prince Harry explained the other day, answering an inquiry about his nascent relationship with Zimbabwean heiress Chelsy Davy. I'm sure the news made no difference to Harry's papa, who has invited Chelsy to Highgrove for the weekend next month.[/font]

Here's the rest of the article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1383309,00.html

i have agree with that articles!

I think Prince of Wales have right! because he is father he knew because Prince Harry would go back to Army training for years and Prince Harry and his girlfriend of 8 months cant slept same but have rules! must have separate rooms!

like his dad who been dating with his mom late the Princess of Wales who cant slept same room and have separate following rules by the HM Queen till getting married! and also his Uncle Duke of York who brought Sarah Ferguson and Prince Edward who brought Sophie-rhys Jones knew by the rules! cant slept together but slept separate following rules by the HM Queen i understand!

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
i have agree with that articles!

I think Prince of Wales have right! because he is father he knew because Prince Harry would go back to Army training for years and Prince Harry and his girlfriend of 8 months cant slept same but have rules! must have separate rooms!

like his dad who been dating with his mom late the Princess of Wales who cant slept same room and have separate following rules by the HM Queen till getting married! and also his Uncle Duke of York who brought Sarah Ferguson and Prince Edward who brought Sophie-rhys Jones knew by the rules! cant slept together but slept separate following rules by the HM Queen i understand!

Sara Boyce
I agree with Charles' stance. It's P. Harry's first commnet that has me wondering: "She's not black or anything..." What's that supposed to mean? Does he have something against blacks?

I have to defend Charles. Has anyone here ever lived with parent in their mid to late fifties? Most of them would have acted they way he did.

I'm not saying that Charles isn't right. My comment was more, you don't know what they are doing behind closed doors (even if it may seem obvious) so don't comment on what is happening behind closed doors.

It's good to see P. Harry helping out:

Britain's Prince Harry helps with the packing of aid items bound for the Indian Ocean archipelego the Maldives, which were affected by the Dec.26, Indian Ocean quake, at a Red Cross depot, near Bristol western England Friday Jan. 7, 2005. (AP Photo/ Barry Batchelor, Pool, WPA)

WARMLEY, ENGLAND - JANUARY 7: (NO UK SALES FOR 28 DAYS) Prince William and Prince Harry are seen at a Red Cross depot where they volunteered to help pack tsunami aid items bound for the Maldives at a Red Cross depot on January 7, 2005 in Warmley, England.

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 192
  • h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 192
  • h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 146
  • h3.jpg
    h3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 175
  • h4.jpg
    h4.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 191
  • h6.jpg
    h6.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 187
  • wh.jpg
    wh.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 247
  • wh1.jpg
    wh1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 146
  • wh2.jpg
    wh2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 214
  • wh3.jpg
    wh3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 177
a few more

Attachments

• wh4.jpg
    wh4.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 142
  • wh5.jpg
    wh5.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 145
  • wh6.jpg
    wh6.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 172
  • wh7.jpg
    wh7.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 159
kinneret5764 said:
Gee, I wonder what this is supposed to mean?
[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]"She's not black or anything, you know." Prince Harry explained the other day, answering an inquiry about his nascent relationship with Zimbabwean heiress Chelsy Davy.[/font]
This just goes to show that, although I do not think that any of the members of the RF are racist, they do not approve of interracial marriages at least within their family. Again I do not think that they are racist.

And with this statement I think Harry is soooo shallow.

Last edited:
Reina said:
And with this statement I think Harry is soooo shallow.
wwwweeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll ....................... you got to realize how crime incidents in England are reported.
I remember it as, "black male caught shoplifting", "asian female held for questioning".
I never heard "white male smuggling" ... so this 'race' issue is endemic. It plain boggled my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom