Prince Harry Current Events 3: September-October 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Harry from Hello!

In a rare interview, the late Princess Diana's son Prince Harry has given an intimate look at the depth of his involvement with the young Aids sufferers he befriended while on his charity visit to southern Africa.

The Forgotten Kingdom – Prince Harry In Lesotho shows the young prince during his recent two-month stay, where he got a personal look at the devastation Aids has wreaked on the region. He candidly speaks about his desire to help the situation, and how he hopes to carry on the torch of Diana's charitable legacy.

"I've always wanted to do this," he says, adding: "I believe I've got a lot of my mother in me, basically, and I just think she'd want us to do this."

In images that mirror Diana's work, Harry is shown helping to build shelters and cradling young AIDS patients. He was particularly moved by Mutsu, a four-year-old Aids orphan, and the plight of an eight-month-old rape victim, who was "completely emotionless" as he held her in his arms. "It was horrible," says the Prince, who has since visited the little girl to check on her progress. "If I can, I would like to try to support her in her growing up, her education and everything."

Harry admits he was affected by press criticism – some newspapers branded the Lesotho trip as a PR move – but vowed to continue his quest, saying he's "not out here for the sympathy vote". "I've always been like this," he says. "This is my side that no one gets to see. I'm not going to take a camera crew everywhere I go with me when I'm trying to help in different countries."

The royal also struck out at those who continue to shed negative light on his mother's life. "It's just a shame that, after all the good she's done, even this far on, people can't bring out the good in her," he says, later remarking: "I don't want to take over from her because I never will. I don't think anyone can. But I want to try and carry it on to make her proud."

Does anyone know where to see this film? I am in America and am betting my chances are slim. Still, it is great to hear of him talk of his legacy and understand his place in it. If he continues like this, he WILL be loved maybe not at the same level as Diana...but he will certainly be up there. Seeing someone care like this is rare...and amazing.

People think me daft when I say this, but he reminds me so much more of his mother than his older brother does--he has her charm, her caring, her mischevous streak.

Lucys, i think the same thing, I think Harry is so much like his mother...
I remember (not 100% sure though) reading somewhere that Diana herself said a couple of times that out of the 2 boys, Harry looks most like her from character
off course William has a lot of qualities of his mother too

According to another board, ABC acquired the rights to this program; it'll be shown on 20/20 sometime in the next month or two.

He smokes AND drinks?!? You mean he's....gasp!!!...say it ain't so....HUMAN?????

What a shock! LOL :rolleyes:

Pad Harverson is doing such a great work for Henry image.Now that´s funny.PR is finally working for him.I feel sorry for the african people.Always being used when some rich and drunk needs a good PR.I saw a pic of Bill Gates and his wife holding a baby too.He has donated more than billions and no one call him sweet...

belleshysmile said:
Pad Harverson is doing such a great work for Henry image.Now that´s funny.PR is finally working for him.I feel sorry for the african people.Always being used when some rich and drunk needs a good PR.I saw a pic of Bill Gates and his wife holding a baby too.He has donated more than billions and no one call him sweet...

Yeah, but Gates leads a much more private life.

Attachments

• is_10353300t.jpg
    is_10353300t.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 914
  • is_10353290t.jpg
    is_10353290t.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 904
  • is_10353291t.jpg
    is_10353291t.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 907
Last edited:
Well I'm glas it's finally official since we've all been talking about it happening for months...how embarassing that would have been if he hadn't been accepted. Anyway, congrats to Harry...I'm sure he'll do well, he seems to enjoy it!

Just reading the comments in the british press & I am still amazed that they, like the rest of the worlds press manage to talk so much tosh! As if Harry would be sent to Iraq where the threat of kidnapping is so great. What a coup that would be for the Iraqi's. You can just see it, "Get your troops out or Di's boy looses his head"! :eek:

Britters said:
how embarassing that would have been if he hadn't been accepted.

What would he have done if that happened :confused:

P.S.- This is my 500th post!!!!! Yay!!! :p :eek: :)

Last edited:
I believe it's not only his inclination to pursue the military experience right now because it's a "royal tradiction" but also because he needs to establish his own identity and be allowed to be responsible for himself. The army will enable him to finally do that. The aids film was a way of underlining his views of the world and society and what he wishes to make of his heritage. I think he's probably every bit as bright as his brother and as he's only 20, hope he might still return to do some university level studies at some point later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom