Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice day of engagements and nice to read about who he considers his mentor

"Sitting in a circle with mentors and trainees, he said his Colour Sergeant from his 2005 entry to Sandhurst military academy was his mentor and credited him with giving him 'confidence to look forward'. He said: 'I was at a stage in my life when I was probably lacking a bit in guidance. I lost my mum when I was very young and suddenly I was surrounded by a huge number of men in the army 'He was someone who teased me at the right moments and gave me the confidence to look forward, to actually have that confidence in yourself to know who you are and to push forward and try to help others.'"

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Harry+Visits+Aberdeen+-ga8WBdAMrql.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Harry+Visits+Aberdeen+zDPXAf0D_vtl.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Harry+Visits+Aberdeen+GlzGsrC_he0l.jpg
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Harry+Visits+Aberdeen+Q_m_vEzkiusl.jpg

Oh Harry. He really knows how to interact with people

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

As usual, Harry by not mentioning his father, attacks his father.

His mother had been dead for nearly a decade by the time he entered the army. Are we to truly believe he was given no guidance by his father. That is certainly what he implies all the time.

Right now, I think a lot of Harry's coming out and talking about his mother and the way her death affected him such that he found it difficult to speak about it is part and parcel of what he's trying to do to help others realize its not good to keep things in. Of course he does miss his mother dearly but he knows that his father is as far away as the touch of the "call" button on his phone.

It would be much different if both parents were deceased and he talked about one and not the other.

Just my thoughts on it.

His mother had been dead for nearly a decade by the time he entered the army. Are we to truly believe he was given no guidance by his father. That is certainly what he implies all the time.

Im sure Charles tried to help, but Harry probably found it hard to talk about his feelings at home. I don't think he or William got any therapy after their mothers passing.

Another thought that's run on my hamster wheel is that its quite normal that parents are the ones that are always around to give advice, guide, chastise and be a support system and taken very much for granted. Diana probably stands out more because she died when Harry was quite young and her influence was a way to keep her close to him. With finding a mentor at Sandhurst, it was a situation that evolved out of an unlikely and unexpected source for Harry.

I'd be willing to bet my last bowl of glazed sweet potatoes that insulting or seeming to disregard his father was the last thing on Harry's mind.

Well, I have a different thought about this given personal experience. I learned a lot from both parents, but my dad was never much help on working through things/challenges. He was a motivator, example, source of information, etc. but he just had no skill at steering/listening/shoulder to vent upon. My mom excelled at that. And frankly, I think the roles I ascribe to him may have a lot to do with my emotional preference for my Mom - just to be fair.
So when I tell stories about my Mom, it does not mean my Dad was not there for me. Likewise, when I tell stories about my Dad, it does not mean my Mom was no help. They just did different things to help me.
And I also think Harry has social permission to speak about Mom - to remember her. But speaking about Dad may be something Dad or the rest of the family does not favor (as Dad is the heir). Else-wise, speaking about Dad just invites conversation/conjecture that I am quite sure the family would rather keep within boundaries.
I've never interpreted anyone's comments about Di to mean that they are attacking Charles. Well, not since the 90s. :flowers:

Oh dear wish we didn't pick everything Harry or Will say about their mother. The thoughts they have belong to them doesn't matter what anyone wants them to say. Mothers parent different to fathers so they missed that.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Apparently a large group of international emergency response teams of all kinds get together every few years for exercises. The article below, in English, is about Triplex 13 along the Danish/German border. It seems to be something Harry is interested in, perhaps because of his humanitarian work in Africa and helping to build those village houses earlier this year in Nepal.

Exercise: TRIPLEX 2013

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. As well as MapAction Harry might be meeting up with people from Team Rubicon, with whom he helped build a village school in Nepal earlier this year after his tour.

The interior designer says in the original article that the fashionable shade of pink that this firm is flogging goes with grey so you're probably correct!

That house in Norfolk that Harry is surely going to buy according to the Press will be decorated entirely in dead salmon!

:previous: that name just makes me laugh. The pretense of it and the absurdity. I am laughing again. :lol: Seriously, next time I feel down in the dumps, I'm just going to channel Dead Salmon.
And I have figured out that "dead" in regards to color for at least some in the UK - means the color is very muted. But to an American ear, it's hilarious. Laughing again. And off topic, sorry Mods. I'm not worthy, I'm bored and waiting for pics of the kids in Victoria. :D

I could not make this up. Farrow and Ball's website lists DEAD SALMON as a color name. Yes please, I want the wall to be that color of fresh salmon when you leave it out too long and it takes on that sickly grey tint?
Farrow and Ball - Search Results for dead salmon Farrow & Ball Inspiration :ROFLMAO:

Dead Salmon?!? :ermm:

It's pinkish.

It's odd. I've experienced it many times. Women (and designers) have about a zillion names for various nuances, while men have only about twenty - and don't need more.
It's a complete mystery to me! :ermm:

A bit like the difference between Prince Daniel's and Prince Henrik's fashion sense! :D

For some reason I'm thinking of perhaps a dusky rose shade rather than just a plain old pink and that would go nicely with grey.

Then again, I painted my walls based on the name of a color. Its all done in Fuzzy Sheep. Go figure. :D

The majority of my interior walls are painted in a shade called Hog's Bristle. (It's a sort of ivory.)

Harry is so amazing with kids. Melts the heart. The little boy Ollie whose mother said he had no idea who Harry was, simply reacted to his tone and how he interacted with the boy. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom