Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate really was not "outside" as she was part of the same Very wealthy Boarding school fringe of aristocracy set they usually pal around with.

Yes, I agree. The same sort of background as Chelsy Davy really.

I am reasonably sure there is a plan, it has just not been communicated just yet. IMO, the Army was important to Harry, and for him to agree to leave it, he must have something substantial lined up.

Environmental research is something that really isn't as high on the list of things to do or being done as practicing medicine is.

The research that makes it to Africa and out of Africa isn't just African. So the thing with the rhinos, it is a collaboration globally to stop poaching and help the environment also.

Since Prince Harry is there it most likely has something to do with a charity involvement in a project or him either as a benefactor or thinking of becoming one. Most likely he is there looking to see what he might like to get involved in from a charitable perspective, which is great. Personally the Amazon jungle is of more interest than Africa, South America, to me in general, it is closer, but through the rain clouds, when they burst, Africa really isn't that far away, only a drop in a cloud, that effects us all, that we all care about.

Why Africa? He must want to be a teacher or something, besides a philanthropist, how are all those people supposed to take him? A lot more seriously if he could teach a course. One article on him from the daily mail says that he is basically doing well in Africa concentrating on charity related business. The photos look like he is interacting pretty well and welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is to discuss Harry's current events. He is currently working in Africa with veterinarians and conservation experts for three months. I think it will really give him a good background in his future endeavors in conservation of the earth's endangered species and its wildlife.

I've deleted a few posts that were not about Prince Harry's current events.

Published on 19th June 2015

Jonathan Baillie, Director of Conservation Programmes at the Zoological Society of London – which is a partner in The Duke of Cambridge's United for Wildlife coalition – said that Prince Harry's work would have real value for the global conservation movement.

"The Duke of Cambridge has played a vital role in rallying the biggest players in global conservation to work together to address a rapidly escalating poaching crises affecting regions such as southern Africa. Over the past year he has put the fight against the illegal wildlife trade on the agenda of the Presidents of both the United States and China.

"And now his brother Prince Harry will be working on the ground gaining experience in areas facing some of the greatest conservation challenges. We at ZSL have been delighted to play a part in pulling together a programme that will be tough, but rewarding. After this period, Prince Harry will be one of the best-informed ambassadors for the conservation community on what is really happening on the ground in Africa. His experience will be of great value."
An update from Kensington Palace

(Osipi does her "I told you so" dance and promptly falls flat on her face. Coordination is not my special ability) :cool:

Although I really was winging it with stating that Harry's work in Africa was a boost to his work with United for Wildlife, it just was common sense that the experiences would work in tandem with the organization.

This is just confirmation really that Harry's three months in Africa will be of great value. I can't wait until the interviews on his return.

This is just confirmation really that Harry's three months in Africa will be of great value. I can't wait until the interviews on his return.

Oh me too. Not only because he's going to probably have many tales to tell but just to also watch the expressions of his face as he tells them. Any interviews he gives will be a tremendous boost to United for Wildlife's campaigns.

Home | United For Wildlife

The Duke of Cambridge has added Harry as an ambassador for Untied For Wildlife. No doubt to tie into his work in Africa.

Harry joins Chris Froome, Francois Plennar, Dikembe Mutombo, Al Horford, Serge Ibaka, Andy Murray, David Beckham, Lewis Hamilton, Yao Ming, The Leicester Tigers, Rahul Dravid and Sir Ben Ainslie.

Well, with all due respect to those persons, he's more prominent than any of them. The media will want interviews. When he gets back he'll have plenty of stories to tell and no doubt great photos to show, after three months.

Well, with all due respect to those persons, he's more prominent than any of them. The media will want interviews. When he gets back he'll have plenty of stories to tell and no doubt great photos to show, after three months.

The ambassador list is pretty impressive and representative of all the different organizations that have joined up with United for Wildlife and for the relatively short time that UfW has been in existence, the inroads this organization has made so far is astounding.

Harry being an ambassador of anything is just total genius. What I've noticed is that with William being president of UfW, he didn't just add his brother to the mix of ambassadors because Harry's part of the Royal Foundation but because Harry has shown incentive of getting out there and actually doing and learning what is needed for the cause.

If you really want something done and done up right, call Harry. :D

They said he would be away for three months and he left at the end of July, so unfortunately we aren't likely to see his smiling face back in London before late September. However, isn't he due to take part in an air display involving spitfires in September?

African journalists on twitter are complaining they are being denied access to Harry while the South African army is speaking 'exclusively to The Mail on Sunday' for domestic consumption back in Britain.

They're saying there are mixed messages. On one hand they're being told Harry is off-limits and the visit is 'private' without the press but slick photo-ops are being released to Western media.

They said he would be away for three months and he left at the end of July, so unfortunately we aren't likely to see his smiling face back in London before late September. However, isn't he due to take part in an air display involving spitfires in September?

He left sometime in June not July. He was already gone for Charlotte's christening which was July 5.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes, Harry left late June (not July) and should be back late September.

So long? We forget him :sad: If it is possible of course :lol:

Beard he gets even more beautiful ♥♥♥

Johannesburg - Prince Harry is back in South Africa and has been spotted at the Kruger National Park.

Kruger Park spokesperson William Mabasa confirmed that the British royal was at the park.

"I can confirm that he is in the Kruger National Park, but as a tourist. We are not allowed to talk about our tourists when they come to visit. Since he is a visitor, you can ask him why he is visiting," Mabasa said during a telephonic interview with The Write News Agency.

He went on to say that the prince's security should also be taken into consideration.

South African National Parks spokesperson Rey Thakhuli could not confirm Mabasa’s statements and said he knew nothing about Prince Harry's visit to the game reserve.
Read more: Prince Harry is just a tourist in Kruger Park - official | News24

It's great that Harry is putting focus on the issue of protecting wildlife from poachers, but surely he isn't supposed to go on regular patrols?

I mean, apart from stepping on a Mamba, the poachers in many areas do have a tendency to fire back when confronted. It's a security nightmare!

Absolutely a security nightmare! And how on earth are you supposed to tell the difference between a poacher and lets say a Dentist!

:previous: Sorry?

Didn't know gangs of armed dentist are roaming the country side in South Africa. Wouldn't surprise me though. Dentists are evil! :voodoo::ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom