The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 02:30 PM
Courtier

I watched the start of the match and they panned to Harry quite often but I never heard them mention Charlene at all.

In fairness, the commentators probably didn't know who she was, like 90% of the British population. My mother asked me who the woman was with the weird 1980's hair! For a minute she thought Charlene was Harry's new girlfriend.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was a pleasant surprise to see Charlene at the match as well! I always like to see members of different RFs with each other.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Majesty

I wonder how she enjoyed sitting next to Harry, whether they spoke a lot, had a bit of a joke? I don't suppose they have met much before, perhaps on the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations at BP and that would be it.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Smart move to not bring Meghan.

LaRae
Old 11-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Smart move to not bring Meghan.

LaRae
Don't think it could happen on an official engagement like that. She can go to the game with him on regular days though.

The media didn't make mention of this being an official engagement, which she wouldn't be there.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-12-2016, 09:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Don't think it could happen on an official engagement like that. She can go to the game with him on regular days though.

The media didn't make mention of this being an official engagement, which she wouldn't be there.

Yeah I don't think we saw Kate at one for a long time. Will be interesting to see when they are finally out together.

LaRae
Old 11-12-2016, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate did not go on an engagement with William until she was engaged.

Harry was at the rugby match as Vice Patron not just watching as a spectator.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yeah I don't think we saw Kate at one for a long time. Will be interesting to see when they are finally out together.

LaRae
Catherine didn't go to any official engagements until an engagement was announced.

I think we all are waiting for them to emerge in public as a couple. Not sure when they'll do it though. Especially, now that their relationship is officially confirmed.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

I seem to remember a 'swirl' of comments when Kate attended William's military graduation ceremony.

LaRae
Old 11-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

She attended his Sandhurst graduation, wing ceremony and Garter induction but those are more personal achievements not representing an organization on a official duty.

Chelsy went to Harry's wing ceremony too.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Catherine didn't go to any official engagements until an engagement was announced.

I think we all are waiting for them to emerge in public as a couple. Not sure when they'll do it though. Especially, now that their relationship is officially confirmed.
Even though Catherine went on official events with William post engagements, she was never mentioned in the CC. Thats the BRF for you!

EVents prior to the engagement, ie William getting his wings, were in a private capacity.

So it seems in royal terms, you dont exist until post wedding.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ummm I thought after you were officially engaged then you were invited to official events...not sure on the CC.

LaRae
Old 11-13-2016, 12:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Even though Catherine went on official events with William post engagements, she was never mentioned in the CC. Thats the BRF for you!

EVents prior to the engagement, ie William getting his wings, were in a private capacity.

So it seems in royal terms, you dont exist until post wedding.
Catherine was mentioned in the official engagements list before the wedding though. She just wasn't included in the CC. The same with Camilla.

I'm just waiting to see Harry and Meghan out together in public. I'm excited for him, and I don't even know him.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-13-2016, 04:38 AM
Majesty

Yes, I think black seems to suit him, as in the black coat, and he always looks well in uniform. Pity he can't have a black suit made for some official engagements, and a grey and a beige....
Old 11-13-2016, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps someone can give him a nudge about his wardrobe. Meaghan can you help him out????
Old 11-13-2016, 12:55 PM
Majesty

Yes, what a pity she can't be around before he goes on tour. She could make sure he wore some sharp tropical weight suits in various colours and surreptitiously throw the infamous blue suit in the bin...
Old 11-13-2016, 08:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes, what a pity she can't be around before he goes on tour. She could make sure he wore some sharp tropical weight suits in various colours and surreptitiously throw the infamous blue suit in the bin...

It would be incredible!

I'm really looking forward to seeing a picture of the two of them together.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic....Harry's actual current events.

Additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry