The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Majesty

And after reading this, I have to ask of our young forum members, does Sir Elton John appeal to you more than he does to your parents?

And maybe I am just odd, but I've not experienced mush "stigma" around HIV AIDS in quite a while. I've experienced fundraising for treatment/a cure - but not the absurd, irrational fear of the 90s.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
And after reading this, I have to ask of our young forum members, does Sir Elton John appeal to you more than he does to your parents?

And maybe I am just odd, but I've not experienced mush "stigma" around HIV AIDS in quite a while. I've experienced fundraising for treatment/a cure - but not the absurd, irrational fear of the 90s.

I do & it was a very scary time. The reaction of certain relatives when it came out I needed blood transfusions as part of the Transplant protocol in the Fall of 92? To say it was near hysteria on their part is not exaggerating sadly.

It's not only w/the Poor where AIDS is on the upswing. It's also Young People. They "assume" because of the Drugs available, the Disease is under control & it can't be transmitted anymore. I was watching an interview w/one of my favourite Skaters, Kurt Browning, many years ago when it turned to how AIDS has hit the Skating World. When he said that, in relation to things he had heard younger skaters say at Seminars, I nearly hit the floor.

It doesn't have the stigma of the 80's & 90's, but that doesn't mean it can't come back w/a vengeance due to complacency & misinformation. Harry can do a great deal of good in that area IMO.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 11-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Majesty

Harry reads Rupert Brooke's poem 'The Soldier'.

Prince Harry reads The Soldier on Armistice Day - ITV News
Old 11-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
HRH Prince Harry of Wales lays a wreath at the National Memorial Arboretum-
Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks Dman - pages and pages of stuff about Prince Harry and speculation about his relationship with Meghan Markle, and only one posting about his engagement at the National Arboretum today
Old 11-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Great to see him out at such an event. Like his grandfather, uncle andrew and Tim partly, he knows all too well the chances taken by those soldiers never to come home. Unlike other royals who have honorary positions but never served active duty, or like William who worked search and rescue, harry and the others have had that taste. I think it is what makes Harry such an incredible ambassador for soldiers, both walking with the wounded and Invictus.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

there are photos and a clip of him reading a poem on his charities thread

As interesting as a new girlfriend is, I do agree that I would rather see more coverage of today and less girlfriend speculation.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Majesty

opps, I guess his event today goes here
Prince Harry to lead nation on Armistice Day in paying tribute to Armed Forces | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
there are photos and a clip of him reading a poem on his charities thread

As interesting as a new girlfriend is, I do agree that I would rather see more coverage of today and less girlfriend speculation.
That's because Harry is no longer single. The media is excited that he's in a relationship, after a long hiatus from being in one.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-11-2016, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's not about the media. The poster was commenting on the lack of posts on this board about Harry's current events, besides his girlfriend. Your post seemed to be the only mention of him at the memorial.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
Thanks Dman - pages and pages of stuff about Prince Harry and speculation about his relationship with Meghan Markle, and only one posting about his engagement at the National Arboretum today
Most of what are current events get posted in his charity thread for some reason. Like today for example.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Courtier

Question and suggestion!

The Prince Harry's relationship thread has been locked down. Why so?

As both guys are in their thirties and living seperate lives, possibly consider giving each their own space in this forum?
Old 11-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Nobility

To pass for white meant to be so fair that one could blend into the white world. People did this to get jobs. Usually the lighter family member moved North - away from the harshness of the South.

I say this to point out that' passing for white' has a lot of hurtful connotations in the black community.

I am not calling anyone a racist. But please be careful about the words you choose.

I think Megan is very pretty but it is obvious that she is black. She looks like 3/4 of my husband's family.

I hope Harry and Megan have a happy relationship. Me, I have been a Chelsey hold out but I guess I need to let that go.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:42 AM
Majesty

Guess who Harry is with at Twickenham for the rugby???

She's really beautiful. He's so lucky!! He's with... He's with... Charlene, Princess of Monaco

https://twitter.com/elliotwagland/st...47439103967232
Old 11-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe P Charlene will have some valuable advice for P Harry and his new girl as she, as Meghan now, was heavily criticized when she first started dating P Albert! And yes, she is very beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 11-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a surprise.

But a good one. Just never expected to see Charlene at a rugby match, without her husband.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope to see soon Harry with Maghan together

P Albert is at the conference cop22 about the environment at Marrakech
Old 11-12-2016, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

The English Prince and the South African princess, I bet there was a good bit of good natured rivalry in their cheering

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry