Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its beginning to seem to me that Harry is substituting a familiar blue suit for his army fatigues. Guess one gets used to wearing the same thing day in and day out eh?

Nevertheless, Harry was the perfect choice for this celebration of the relationship between the UK and Nepal. Harry felt very much at home when he toured the area and even remained behind for a while to help rebuild schools (I think it was) in Nepal.

Harry is getting familiar with and getting to know a wide range of cultures and peoples from the tours he's done lately and with his charisma, he is a definite asset to the UK as a whole as an ambassador.

Yes, he spent an extra week to work on schools destroyed in the earthquake.

Harry really has a connection to Nepal. The Gurkhas and then the people obviously left an impression. He is certainly the right choice for this event.

Next Prince Harry is visiting support centre @LASSleics which provides advice & advocacy services for people living with or affected by HIV.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/844163074571538433

Diana, Princess of Wales visited @LASSleics in November 1991 to see the work which was being done around HIV & AIDS awareness.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/844163154074570752

Prince Harry is shown the "panel of purses" which remembers people who have died and was originally launched by Diana, Princess of Wales.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/844163629251477504

A busy day indeed, with three engagements, and I'm sure a moving one for Harry in many ways. I'm so glad he's following in his mother's footsteps with some of these charities.

ANY sartorial influence is welcome, IMHO. Any at all. :flowers:

Yes, I like Harry, but a fashionisto he is not. If I never see that sky blue suit again it will be too soon!

He and his brother are definitely not into fashion or anything the least bit different

I don't think that Harry wears oldfashioned 'Dad' clothes. The grey pants he wore for the Leicester engagements for instance had the straight lines that young men wear today. It's just that he wears practically everything to death, especially his suits. As I wrote once, that sky blue suit of his could attend engagements on its own, he's been seen in it so much.

There really is a keen friendship between them. I remember the Antarctic trek and how much it took out of everyone physically and mentally, including Harry. Good luck to all involved in this new endeavour, including Duncan.

I think that this cause is very dear to Harry's heart, and that he feels that his mother would like and appreciate that he is continuing what she began, though she would probably be sad that it is still necessary.
Great photos, Polyesco, thanks for posting them.

Harry's speech was so heartfelt. I really liked how he covered so many areas in his speech. He recognized the wonderful agencies and people who have put their lives at risk. He referenced the original controversy in that some thought his mother had crossed into a political area, even though this is a humanitarian issue. I can't even mention all of the awesome things that were in Harry's speech. Terrific job!
Thanks so much for the video link to the entire speech!

I think that this cause is very dear to Harry's heart, and that he feels that his mother would like and appreciate that he is continuing what she began, though she would probably be sad that it is still necessary.

Great photos, Polyesco, thanks for posting them.

What a great speech so heartfelt. Harry is doing such a great job how proud would his mother be

Incredible speech. He did a wonderful job of addressing the issues and giving credit. You could also tell it was heart felt, he has such a personal touch. It is what I love about him. I hate to say it, but other than centerpoint and tusk, I can't actually name what Williams patrinages are. I know he has plenty but I couldn't name them. But Harry there us such a deep personal connection with the ones he is involved with, that they come instantly to mind. I love that Harry has found his niche. Outside of his foundation with the Cambridges, he has carved out his personal direction. And his interest and passion is obvious. It's something he has in common with people like Camilla, who have chosen causes with deep roots for them.

Listening to him, all I can think is how extremely proud his mother would be :flowers:

I think that both parents would be extremely proud of both of their boys. Harry has more of a wide open space to find what he's passionate about whereas William knows he won't have the freedom to concentrate as much on his passions in the years to come as royal duties take over more and more of his life.

One area though where William has made a big different globally so far is with the United For Wildlife and the work being done on poaching and illegal trade.

Harry though is definitely his mother's son in the way he oozes the charisma and draws people to him. He's very down to earth and genuine and that is reflected in just about everything he does. :D

Does Harry ever travel via the Underground? Or would it be too much of a security risk? I ask because I saw a Harry doppelganger on the Jubilee line this morning...

Harry has travelled on the Tube on occasions and people have spotted him. Whether he would be allowed to do so at the moment with the heightened state of security alerts everywhere, I don't know. It would be great if it were him. A live Harry near to you! Were there anonymous looking older men sitting near to him who could be RPOs?

Harry has travelled on the Tube on occasions and people have spotted him. Whether he would be allowed to do so at the moment with the heightened state of security alerts everywhere, I don't know. It would be great if it were him. A live Harry near to you! Were there anonymous looking older men sitting near to him who could be RPOs?

Hm...there was one man sitting next to him but they were not talking, so I didn't figure they were together. But Im not 100% sure if it was Harry, because I wasn't wearing my glasses :) Just saw a tall ginger with a bit of a beard.

I never knew royals took the tube with us plebs, thats interesting ;D

Last edited:
Below is a copy of a handwritten note written by Harry to the children who are going to attend the 'Party at the Palace' tea party in May for deceased soldiers' families, hosted by the Cambridges and himself. It's typical of Harry, friendly, informal, telling them not to dress up, they'll all have a ball anyway!

https://mobile.twitter.com/_peppersmint_/status/853214928697786368

Last edited:
As much as I think its wonderful and touching that W&K&H are throwing this Party at the Palace for the families of deceased soldiers, I love the fact that Harry went the extra mile to make this occasion so special to those that have suffered an incredible loss by adding a personal, handwritten note with each invitation.

Its the little things like this that make me know that these royals do honestly care about the people they interact with.

Yes, Harry has written a lot of hand-written notes in the past to individuals, charity workers and so forth, something his mother used to do as well. I think it really adds that personal touch.

"Prince Harry has disclosed that he sought counselling after enduring two years of “total chaos” while still struggling in his late twenties to come to terms with the death of his mother.
The Prince says in an interview with The Telegraph that he “shut down all his emotions” for almost two decades after losing his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, despite his brother, Prince William, trying to persuade him to seek help.
Disclosing that he has spoken to a professional about his mental health, he describes how he only began to 
address his grief when he was 28 after feeling “on the verge of punching someone” and facing anxiety during royal engagements.
Prince Harry has decided to give an unprecedented insight into his past in the hope it will encourage people to break the stigma surrounding mental health issues."

Prince Harry: I sought counselling after death of mother led to two years of 'total chaos' in my twenties - exclusive Telegraph interview

The day Prince Harry swowed the world how to talk about our problems
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/16/day-prince-harry-showed-world-talk-problems/

How Prince Harry has turned his pain into a pathway to help others
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/16/prince-harry-has-turned-pain-pathway-help-others/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom