Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the DM, (yes, I know) Harry carries a lot of 'emotional baggage' and is 'sensitive' about his mother's death. He and his brother have never discussed it fully in public for fear of hurting or upsetting their father and Camilla. (Perhaps there is a tiny grain of truth in that?) Also, Harry would get angry about it sometimes when he was younger, according to this article, because he felt his and William's grief was 'commandeered' by the public.

Prince Harry kept his grief about Diana locked up out of fear of upsetting Camilla | Daily Mail Online

the writer has said in the past that he wanted a wife and dog but doesn't yet know how to achieve it.
described harry as a self pitying man with a habit to be tactless with women. I can't buy this new lie of his.

:previous: Richard Kay, Daily Mail Editor At Large, is obviously stuck for something royal to write about. Needless to say, I think he could give lessons in creative writing. :lol:

I'd go as far to extend that to read creative fictional writing. :ROFLMAO:

Some people grab life by the horns and go at it with gusto. Some people are more reserved. Harry has more than his share of gusto and it shows in just about everything he does.

The more I read about how people and the media can take anything that Harry says or does and put their own slant on it, it makes me realize how good it is to be someone that just is part of the background noise. No one cares or thinks twice about what I think, do or say in my day to day life but Harry burps at the most inopportune moment and its picked apart for days.

I admire Harry for exactly who he is and if there is one thing I could take from him and apply to my own life, it would be the ability to give 150% of myself to whatever I choose to do.

The more I read about how people and the media can take anything that Harry says or does and put their own slant on it, it makes me realize how good it is to be someone that just is part of the background noise. No one cares or thinks twice about what I think, do or say in my day to day life but Harry burps at the most inopportune moment and its picked apart for days.

Harry isn't the first royal to have his words or actions twisted. Every time a senior royal opens their mouth, people, depending on the agenda, will pick the words apart for days.

Harry only needs to look to his father, brother and sister in law.

Last edited:
And such is life in the royal fishbowl. We may seem to think that these royals are very privileged and seem to have it "all" but there's a lot of downsides to it all too. :D

Durban - It’s official. Prince Harry loves KwaZulu-Natal. The British royal was confirmed to be in the province again on Saturday as a guest of honour at his cousin George McCorquodale’s wedding to his Ladysmith love, Bianca Moore.

The wedding took place at the exclusive Netherwood farm in the Midlands. McCorquodale’s parents are Neil and Lady Sarah McCorquodale (nee Spencer), Princess Diana’s eldest sister.
Read more: Prince Harry in KZN for a family wedding | IOL

Harry isn't the first royal to have his words or actions twisted. Every time a senior royal opens their mouth, people, depending on the agenda, will pick the words apart for days.

Harry only needs to look to his father, brother and sister in law.

Actually Prince Philip springs to mind much more and I don't think he has suffered too much in the popularity stakes over that down through the years!! :lol:

Harry had a good time at his cousins wedding. The Sun have an exclusive.

PRINCE Harry partied at his cousin’s wedding by stripping one of his pals naked.

He enjoyed a two-day bender as George McCorquodale, Princess Diana’s nephew, tied the knot.

A friend said: “On the Friday night everyone was having a great time.

“Harry can drink – he drinks a lot. He was p***ed big time and smoking a lot of cigarettes.

“At one stage he and friends pinned down a younger cousin and stripped him naked. Everyone was laughing, having a good time.
Read more: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15760...-wedding-guest-in-two-day-celebratory-bender/

Last edited:
Tuesday, August 9
Prince Harry and British High Commissioner Michael Nevin were received by President of Malawi

" Prince Harry has been in Malawi working with a charity African Parks in its translocation of over 1,800 wildlife stocks from Malawis Liwonde National Park and Majete Wildlilfe Reserve to Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve. Among the translocation are 500 Elephants. The Prince, is a passionate wildlife conservationist.
On 9th July, 2016, President Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika- who has taken lead and personal initiative to protect elephants and wildlife at large, received in audience the Prince at Kamuzu Palace."
https://www.facebook.com/malawihighcommissionuk/posts/656496411191047
https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn....=82da2be2af0b0c4730be6387931b2beb&oe=584F0301
https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn....=7ff78031d4dd2a9e26f8849b5489203b&oe=585DFDFC
https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn....=19080bbb85db4d4132d2544096de849a&oe=5857D906
https://www.facebook.com/APMutharika/posts/1260695860621622

Excellent to see these photos from July. Harry as usual seems interested and in good spirits. I hope he's thoroughly enjoying his work in Africa with the transferring of the elephants.

The Sun newspaper and other tabs have a vested interest in perpetuating the story that Harry is 'the party prince'. Every time he's attended a wedding or birthday party since his late teens they've reprinted same old same old, but Harry as a person is much more than that!

Last edited:
The Sun newspaper and other tabs have a vested interest in perpetuating the that Harry is 'the party prince'. Every time he's attended a wedding or birthday party since his late teens they've reprinted same old same old, but Harry as a person is much more than that!

Quite agree!

His committment to his causes can't be questioned! He throws everything into them - like the saying goes works hard plays hard!

I imagine as weddings go it was great craic and none the less of that with Harry in attendance!

The tabloids have an interest in perpetuating whatever they think will sell newspapers or garner clicks.

Narrative and truth are two different things, but that doesn't stop people from posting tabloid articles.

TRF threads are full of tabloid rubbish, some of it people will agree with and some of it people won't agree with, depending on the royal getting the treatment.

Last edited:
I know Prince Harry works with the wounded warriors project and I'm wondering if he would be interested in coming to Hawaii for the events that are held here? Anyone know where to write to him or email him?

I know Prince Harry works with the wounded warriors project and I'm wondering if he would be interested in coming to Hawaii for the events that are held here? Anyone know where to write to him or email him?

You have to contact him through the address at the POW-Will-Kate-Harry webpage.
Contact Us

I love this...

Although it’s as low-key as possible, no risks are being taken with the young Royal’s safety. His makeshift camp has a state-of-the-art communications system, along with 24-hour armed personnel and Harry’s Royal protection officer in a tent next to his. A small motorboat is on standby in case he needs to make a speedy exit.

Just one of the lads lol :p

I would think that with the necessary protection and safety measures that need to be in place just because of who Harry is, all of the "lads" feel just a little bit safer themselves having them around. I just really hope that Harry's PPO enjoys camping and tents. :D

Yes, perhaps the PPO is an ex Scout, who enjoys baked beans for breakfast over an open camp fire. Rather him than me. I loathe tents and camping! :)

:previous: I have to agree, my idea of 'roughing it' is having to use an extension cord on my hairdryer!

However, I am sure that there a plenty of adventurists among the PPO's and maybe they even had to draw lots to see who got to have a big African adventure.

I hate camping but for Africa I'd put up with tents:)

Men tend to be a bit more up for roughing it. And the PPO's likely had a few who had no issue with tents. Paid to camp in Africa likely not a hard sell.

I used to really love to camp when I was younger and it had to be tents, campfires and no "amenities" of home. Now that I'm older, I just moved into the woods instead of just going there on a camping trip. :D

I think Harry pretty much enjoys the simple things in life and is more a roughing it out under the stars than four star hotels.

Usain has a wonderful sense of humour and I bet he appreciated the message. Good on you, Harry!

Usain is a great guy, I loved watching him encourage de Grasse. I am sure he got quite the smile when he saw Harry's message.:flowers:

Yes, he and Jack are great at lifting couches and TVs ! Although Harry has a bad back, so maybe not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom