Prince Harry Current Events 27: April 2013-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The article mentioned that Prince Henry could continue to work for the Ministry of Defense but as a civilian.
Please elaborate.

non-military can work for the MoD - so it is possible that Harry could take of a role responsible for Military welfare that doesn't require a military rank.

Many of the Government departments have peole working for them that are not civil servants or military. I have worked for a government department in an advisory capacity, so it is v flexible.

Not a surprise in my view. I think he was looking at permanent desk duty due to numerous issues in the past. His only option for a more free life was likely resignation. Wish him well, but must be a disappointment for him. :sad: Hopefully he will find a genuine interest that engages him over the years.

The appears to me that juggling both jobs is almost impossible for him. I would expect military work requires a full time commitment in order for his duties to be performed well and for up-ranking to be fair.

I think this is a logical solution.

The appears to me that juggling both jobs is almost impossible for him. I would expect military work requires a full time commitment in order for his duties to be performed well and for up-ranking to be fair.

I think this is a logical solution.
I agree. And if working with a charity gives him more hands on time to help wounded instead of sitting behind a desk, I think it's worth it!

What use will that be to our army? Just sounds like an all-expenses paid holiday in Australia before he retires from the army.

If he's coming, he'd better get a wriggle on. Time's running out. Tomorrow's the first of March and Anzac Day is the 25th April. There's not much more than "several weeks" to go. Those officials who are organising it all had better pull their finger out and get cracking.

I've long thought that Harry's future lies in Africa. :D He has a real interest in Sentabele and his training can be of real use to him if he takes on a serious role in his charities and wildlife conservation/preservation.

Interesting that HM's three most senior grandchildren after William are pursuing futures outside the UK.

I predicted this a while go. As long as he stays busy , things should work out.

What use will that be to our army? Just sounds like an all-expenses paid holiday in Australia before he retires from the army.

If he's coming, he'd better get a wriggle on. Time's running out. Tomorrow's the first of March and Anzac Day is the 25th April. There's not much more than "several weeks" to go. Those officials who are organising it all had better pull their finger out and get cracking.

I've long thought that Harry's future lies in Africa. :D He has a real interest in Sentabele and his training can be of real use to him if he takes on a serious role in his charities and wildlife conservation/preservation.

Interesting that HM's three most senior grandchildren after William are pursuing futures outside the UK.

This must be courtesy of Mr Abbot you think? Hahaha! It may be more popular then what he offered the queen's husband!! And that nearly put the cherry on top and cost him his job. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe that's where Harry got the idea from hanging with the York Girls.

I can't see them announcing anything while William is on tour in Japan & China. But the attachment to Australia has potential to appear like a vacation ploy if he only spends a couple of weeks and then goes to Turkey for the anniversary.

He needs to take a page from William and get a job at a charity even if it's just Senteable. Not just disappear out of the country with no defined role. Because if Harry isn't in the military, isn't doing UK Royal stuff and starts jet setting around the world but isn't seen actually doing anything- it could be Airmiles Andy part 2.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It's one of the reasons why we have to wait for the details in the official announcement. The said projects that he will undertake, all take time to develop, so he will have to up his game on official royal duties in the meantime.

Maybe that's where Harry got the idea from hanging with the York Girls.

I can't see them announcing anything while William is on tour in Japan & China. But the attachment to Australia has potential to appear like a vacation ploy if he only spends a couple of weeks and then goes to Turkey for the anniversary.

He needs to take a page from William and get a job at a charity even if it's just Senteable. Not just disappear out of the country with no defined role. Because if Harry isn't in the military, isn't doing UK Royal stuff and starts jet setting around the world but isn't seen actually doing anything- it could be Airmiles Andy part 2.

I agree. He must have a defined role told to us. We all saw the fiasco of Williams "gap year". They probably had the plan of him flying again and waited out if people was staying healthy. But since we didn't know that it just looked like an entitled 30+ year old taking a year off. We don't want the same situation with Harry.

I agree. He must have a defined role told to us. We all saw the fiasco of Williams "gap year". They probably had the plan of him flying again and waited out if people was staying healthy. But since we didn't know that it just looked like an entitled 30+ year old taking a year off. We don't want the same situation with Harry.

I think it's even more important with Harry than it was for William. No matter what William does in the near future, in the long term he will be DoC/PoW and then King. Harry doesn't have that in his future so he needs a purposeful role for the rest of his life. I wonder if he could take some of his father's prince's trust work over sort of like how Edward & Sophie are involved with the DoE award scheme.

I think it's even more important with Harry than it was for William. No matter what William does in the near future, in the long term he will be DoC/PoW and then King. Harry doesn't have that in his future so he needs a purposeful role for the rest of his life. I wonder if he could take some of his father's prince's trust work over sort of like how Edward & Sophie are involved with the DoE award scheme.

I think as Harry plans to focus on his charities and causes, it just might be a larger and more hands on role with The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. The three main branches of the foundation are youth, army and conservation and there's a lot for Harry to get involved with.

I hope it is a defined role and one that doesn't stop for 2 months of the year for holidays like Beatrice has been doing that's not a good look IMO
The royals are able to make a real difference with their charity work if the hard work is put in.

]] Not just disappear out of the country with no defined role. Because if Harry isn't in the military, isn't doing UK Royal stuff and starts jet setting around the world but isn't seen actually doing anything- it could be Airmiles Andy part 2.

Andrew had a 'defined role' when he left the navy - after more than 20 years service - and that was as the Trade Ambassador - a role he filled for about 10 years.

Andrew also took on some of his father's interests - e.g. Outward Bound.

I think as Harry plans to focus on his charities and causes, it just might be a larger and more hands on role with The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. The three main branches of the foundation are youth, army and conservation and there's a lot for Harry to get involved with.

Do you think Prince Henry will divide his time with each of the three main branches: youth, army, and conservation?
Or will he concentrate on one branch and only one branch?

It could be you, AA!!!!!

That is interesting - are they really settling down outside of Britain, or are these just temporary stops? I can't blame them for wanting out of Britain- Diana and Fergie did too.

I wonder how the British taxpayers will like the idea of paying the cost of Harry's security if he is going to spend a considerable amount of time outside the UK. That security has to have first class travel and hotel accommodation, as was reported when Eugenie was on her gap year. They are also only away from home for about two weeks at a time - so anything longer than that and the security team is changed - first class airfares out and back and first class hotels - for when they are off duty. The on-duty part of the team are with the protectee but they are only on duty for 8 hours at a time - with Harry therefore there would be 6 officers - 2 on duty and 4 off duty.

I wonder how the British taxpayers will like the idea of paying the cost of Harry's security if he is going to spend a considerable amount of time outside the UK. That security has to have first class travel and hotel accommodation, as was reported when Eugenie was on her gap year. They are also only away from home for about two weeks at a time - so anything longer than that and the security team is changed - first class airfares out and back and first class hotels - for when they are off duty. The on-duty part of the team are with the protectee but they are only on duty for 8 hours at a time - with Harry therefore there would be 6 officers - 2 on duty and 4 off duty.

That's bound to cause a stir. Perhaps as Will has more children Harry can request an end to security?

It could be you, AA!!!!!

Yep, t'will be I to be sure. That being so, you and your family are 100% guaranteed an invitation to the engagement and wedding. How's that?!

:ROFLMAO:

PS. I do have a thing for red heads.:brows:

Hah! I wonder what the Australian tax payer will think of this! I can tell you that as an Australian tax payer (who has a thing for red heads) DO NOT want to fund his trip here!!!:evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
The main reason that Harry will need security for the foreseeable future is that he fought in Afghanistan for his country.

Do you think Prince Henry will divide his time with each of the three main branches: youth, army, and conservation?
Or will he concentrate on one branch and only one branch?

The article posted said he wanted to work more with his charities and to spend time working on conservation in Africa. IIRC, TUSK does a lot of work in Africa (both Harry and William have been in a documentary with Ben Fogel about this), Sentebale is a joint effort for the children of Lesotho and Harry has done a lot of work for wounded servicemen so that does cover all three of the basic categories for the Foundation although perhaps not all included in the Foundation.

I just brought up the Royal Foundation as someone suggested that to be structured, he could take on some of Charles' causes with the Prince's Trust. I think he has plenty to keep him busy with his own foundation.

The main reason that Harry will need security for the foreseeable future is that he fought in Afghanistan for his country.

Correct. :sad: As well as his ill-advised comments and behavior. He can never be without security as a result. Sad but true. He likely has learned the hard way after the fact. Consequences must be lived with.

I just brought up the Royal Foundation as someone suggested that to be structured, he could take on some of Charles' causes with the Prince's Trust. I think he has plenty to keep him busy with his own foundation.

That would be outstanding. :flowers: Hope he does so.

Last edited:
We will have to wait to see how much charity work Harry does or if he becomes Holiday Harry.

Was it Charles' idea to get Harry to join the protection of red squirrels or was it Harry's idea to protect one of his own? :D

The Royal Foundation to me seems more like a grant making organization. They raise the money and then direct to various projects/charities that do the actually hands on work.

Darwin is a very nice place for a holiday, and you never know who you might bump into!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom