Prince Harry Current Events 27: April 2013-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that it and Harry becomes a Major in the next few months. It will be good to see him progressing in the career he loves.

The news of future commander of the Household Calvary will definitely be the piece de resistance for Prince Henry.
When I have seen him on duty, he is always focused on his job.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 3h 3 hours ago
#PrinceHarry & NY Knicks NBA player Carmelo Anthony will present 1st graduates from The Royal Foundation's Coach Core programme on 14th Jan.

Video:
Prince Harry has signed a Book of Condence at the French Embassy in London, remembering those killed in the Charlie Hebdo attack on Wednesday-

Home - ITNSource News

Terrific that he did so, after hearing of this terrible tragedy. Harry has a very warm heart.

Prince Harry is so sweet, He is so much like Diana.

:previous: Harry is a very kind person on a personal level which we are sometimes privileged to see. However, I hate that any kind and generous inclination or trait is ascribed to his late mother. Can Harry, a man of 30 years of age, ever do a kind or decent thing on his own behalf because that is how he feels?

This constant attribution of all things good to his late mother, leaves one with the vaguely disquieting feeling that there are ghostly strings attached to Harry that are being manipulated from beyond the Vale.

Exactly.Harry is fine very independent very adult man who loved his mother but unless he has some unknown mother fixation ala Norman Bates It is unfair to make him a living shade of Diana.He does well or poorly based on his choices,his personality.

Prince Harry is so sweet, He is so much like Diana.

I don't think Harry is like his mother at all. He is not manipulative, he is not unkind to The Queen, he is not doing charity to boost his own popularity, he is not unkind to members of the royal household, he is not false and insincere. Shall I continue?

Last edited:
I think both William and Harry grew up to be fine reasonably well adjusted men despite a the foibles and mistakes of both parents and I would not wish her children to be like Diana simply because she had a short chaotic, drama filled life of emotional upheaval, no matter how you feel about her that can't be denied. They seem truly happy and accomplished the way she could not be.

I don't think Harry is like his mother at all. He is not manipulative, he is not unkind to The Queen, he is not doing charity to boost his own popularity, he is not unkind to members of the royal household, he is not false and insincere. Shall I continue?

I never meant it like that. Just that I can see he has Diana's touch with people. Harry has a big heart and I know he does a lot of work for things his passion about like Africa and wounded warriors. I meant it as his a very caring and loving person. That's pretty cruel about Diana, yeah she had her faults. But she wasn't all bad and she did do a lot of work cause she loved helping people not her image. :flowers: This is a prince Harry thread not bash Diana thread. :whistling:

Last edited:
I wish we could have a thread that doesn't draw out the Diana haters. It's really a shame that they have to jump and down over everything it's very childish. So come one come all and have a go at me now , I won't fight back so as to not give you the oxygen you all crave

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't hate Diana at all but it is not being a hater to not idolise or make all her bad choices and problems someone else's fault.moving on now.

Harry is growing into his role and taking his title more seriously and that is a wonderful thing.I hope he continues and meets his perfect match soon:flowers:

Last time I checked, the subject of this thread was Harry not Diana.

Any and all off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Harry William and Catherine have there own twitter acc @KensingtonRoyal

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Video:
Prince Harry has been presented with a basketball shoe and vest during a graduate show at St James’s Palace in central London today. The gift from New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony, was presented to the Prince as the pair recognised the first graduates of ‘Coach Core’ – a scheme launched by Prince Harry and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, to boost the career prospects and life skills of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, through sports coaching and mentoring-

Home - ITNSource News

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 46m 46 minutes ago
Prince Harry has taken on new responsibilities in his Army staff officer's job, working with wounded warriors on recovery plans, aides say.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 44m 44 minutes ago
Harry's working alongside colleagues in London District's Personal Recovery Unit, ensuring the wounded, sick and injured have the right plan

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 42m 42 minutes ago
Harry is likely to visit recovery centres around the UK. Kensington Palace says it's an extension of his work on the Invictus Games

British Royals @britishroyals · 15m 15 minutes ago
Prince Harry's new army role is with Defence Recovery Capability scheme; seems he isn't returning to flying just yet http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...r-heroes-Prince-helping-wounded-soldiers.html

This is indeed good news and I am pleased Harry is working in this important area - it's a good move for him and fits in well with his involvement in the Invictus Games.

Is this in addition to his other job co-ordinating ceremonial events between Whitehall and BP or has he been reassigned again?

Last edited:
:previous:

Staff Officers in the British Army regularly get a change in areas of responsibility. Part of their assessment for promotion. Invictus Games was about organisational skills and project management; this will build on those to include "people management" skills. This is tougher because he won't be able to give everyone what they need and this isn't about delivering an event - it's on-going.

:previous:

Staff Officers in the British Army regularly get a change in areas of responsibility. Part of their assessment for promotion. Invictus Games was about organisational skills and project management; this will build on those to include "people management" skills. This is tougher because he won't be able to give everyone what they need and this isn't about delivering an event - it's on-going.

Interesting, when his desk job was announced last year the Palace stressed the Invictus Games was a secondary role and responsibility and that his primary job was organising events such as Trooping the Colour.

I'd be interested to know what he actually organised with regards to the Army in London.

I think its worth going back and reading why sources said Harry was taking this desk job in the first place.

Prince Harry swaps helicopter role for Army desk job - Telegraph
He will now take up the position of SO3 (Defence Engagement), and will retain the rank of Captain.

Kensington Palace said his responsibilities "will include helping to co-ordinate significant projects and commemorative events involving the Army in London".
Royal sources said the Prince had not taken on the new role solely because of his enthusiasm for the Warrior Games.
"If the Warrior Games does come to London that would be a special project that would involve the Army, so the Prince would be involved in that. But his responsibility would be in line with his rank as a captain, so he would not be in charge of the whole thing." Asked if the Prince would have taken on his new job without the prospect of helping organise the Warrior Games, a royal aide said: "Who knows?"

David Cameron's official spokesman told a Westminster media briefing today: "I think the Prime Minister has already, last year when announcements were made with regard to seeking to set up the Warrior Games, expressed his clear and strong support for that, strongly welcoming the involvement of Prince Harry.

"The Government's support for this initiative is already well-known."
Has the palace stated what Harry's been involved with specifically relating to his job as an Army Captain?

Last edited:
:previous: Not that I'm aware of. Generally I wouldn't expect them to, and so I'm always surprised when we hear about specifics as we have today.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 46m 46 minutes ago
Prince Harry has taken on new responsibilities in his Army staff officer's job, working with wounded warriors on recovery plans, aides say.

Thanks Dman. I think this is a perfect role for Harry as working and supporting the wounded warriors is something near and dear to his heart. I'm sure it really gives him a sense of fulfillment and purpose. Things really seem to be falling in place for Harry.

Surprisingly, the Army has taken the bull by the horns and is using Harry's best gifts in this area. It is not that long ago that the Military was taking huge amounts of flack about the medical and psycological "treatment" of veterans, both serving and retired as medically unfit. Prince Harry's passion came along at a perfect time.

Surprisingly, the Army has taken the bull by the horns and is using Harry's best gifts in this area. It is not that long ago that the Military was taking huge amounts of flack about the medical and psycological "treatment" of veterans, both serving and retired as medically unfit. Prince Harry's passion came along at a perfect time.

But this isn't about sentiment or comradeship etc. This is about appropriate medical care, training, facilities, rehabilitation, housing, counselling, financial. implications, re-training into other army roles and processing the leaving of the armed forces. This is really really difficult stuff - processing/management not just the soft skills. It's the Army above the individual.

This could be make or break in his career.

Does Harry's lack of university education come into play regarding promotion?

My brother in law served in both the British and Canadian Army and retired a major but he needed to go back to school on two separate occasions to upgrade his education and he already had a bachelors degree,

I didn't think it was possible for officers in the modern army to advance without upgrading their education.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom