The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 06:16 AM
Majesty

I don't know where to post this and I haven't found anything in this thread about this incident: Harry hyldes: Reddede homo-kollega fra tæv - TV 2 Nyhederne

The paper Daily Mail bring an exerpt from a book written by James Wharton who is gay and who served under Prince Harry.
During an exersize in Canada, James Wharton litterally sought refuge with Prince Harry, because a group of infantrymen were out to beat him up.
Apparantly James Wharton had talked about having sex with one of the comerades of the group and that person had not gone out yet. - Whether that was a smart thing to do is of course debatable, anyway, he was now to be beaten up and as James Wharton had previously been committed to hospital for being beaten because he was gay he was understandebly frightened.
James Wharton said to Prince Harry: "I think the infantrymen will kill me". And he started to cry. Prince Harry replied: "OK, I'll stop this **** once and for all".
Prince Harry then dressed down the soldiers and then informed a superiour officer before reassuring James Wharton.

Prince Harry has been commended for the way he handled this. Even though Harry "just did" what is expected from a professional officer I also believe he should be commended for his correct handling of this incident.

- Sorry, haven't been able to log on to Daily Mail for more info.

ADDED.

Here is the story in Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Old 06-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Prince Harry has been commended for the way he handled this. Even though Harry "just did" what is expected from a professional officer I also believe he should be commended for his correct handling of this incident.

ADDED.

Here is the story in Daily Mail: Harry saved me from gay hate attack: Prince in extraordinary showdown with troops who threatened gunner | Mail Online
This shows me just how much Harry is maturing and not only has charisma which comes out with almost every article printed about him, but he's also a man of conviction, self confidence and definitely can assume a leadership position.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I don't know where to post this and I haven't found anything in this thread about this incident: Harry hyldes: Reddede homo-kollega fra tæv - TV 2 Nyhederne

The paper Daily Mail bring an exerpt from a book written by James Wharton who is gay and who served under Prince Harry.
During an exersize in Canada, James Wharton litterally sought refuge with Prince Harry, because a group of infantrymen were out to beat him up.
Apparantly James Wharton had talked about having sex with one of the comerades of the group and that person had not gone out yet. - Whether that was a smart thing to do is of course debatable, anyway, he was now to be beaten up and as James Wharton had previously been committed to hospital for being beaten because he was gay he was understandebly frightened.
James Wharton said to Prince Harry: "I think the infantrymen will kill me". And he started to cry. Prince Harry replied: "OK, I'll stop this **** once and for all".
Prince Harry then dressed down the soldiers and then informed a superiour officer before reassuring James Wharton.

ADDED.

Here is the story in Daily Mail: Harry saved me from gay hate attack: Prince in extraordinary showdown with troops who threatened gunner | Mail Online
Very well done, Harry.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This shows me just how much Harry is maturing and not only has charisma which comes out with almost every article printed about him, but he's also a man of conviction, self confidence and definitely can assume a leadership position.
Actually this was some time ago - pre Vegas I think.

Meanwhile... Harry has been taking part in an Apache display team at the Cosford Air Show

Prince Harry takes to the air show in his Apache helicopter - UK - News - London Evening Standard

Apparently chosen because of his expertise

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Actually this was some time ago - pre Vegas I think.

Meanwhile... Harry has been taking part in an Apache display team at the Cosford Air Show

Prince Harry takes to the air show in his Apache helicopter - UK - News - London Evening Standard

Apparently chosen because of his expertise
Yeps.. it was back in 2008. Made me realize that even the most mature, upstanding, people with the people skills and the leadership ability can have a silly, goofy, happy-go-lucky, devil may care side to them. Its called balance.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yeps.. it was back in 2008. Made me realize that even the most mature, upstanding, people with the people skills and the leadership ability can have a silly, goofy, happy-go-lucky, devil may care side to them. Its called balance.
I agree 100%. ITs easy to stereotype people by a single event but I always think thats a mistake. With Harry, he takes his on-duty life in the military seriously and always has done - we just never get to hear about it.

when he's off duty and letting his hair down - everyone is all over him.

You're right - its called balance and the media tend to make people 1 dimensional.

Thanks for this.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Video from Cosford Airshow

Old 06-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-18-2013, 05:14 AM
Courtier

August...interesting. This could be an excellent ploy to distract the Australian public from the elections. Current government expected to be obliterated.

Would be happy to have him over but would absolutely hate to have the Australian tax payer foot the bill!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
August...interesting. This could be an excellent ploy to distract the Australian public from the elections. Current government expected to be obliterated.

Would be happy to have him over but would absolutely hate to have the Australian tax payer foot the bill!
Then again, Harry might want to experience an Oz winter. Remains to be seen though if this is actually confirmed as an official visit.
― John Lennon
Old 06-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Then again, Harry might want to experience an Oz winter. Remains to be seen though if this is actually confirmed as an official visit.
Whaaaat? No way! UK has just had a bad winter and from what I am told, and no real warm weather so far. Don't tell me he likes the cold? I so hate the cold I cannot understand anyone wanting to visit anywhere in winter unless the purpose is to ski.

If these reports are at all true, you can be sure there are politics, publicity and distraction involved. The current government are pro republic so...Yeah, yeah, I know...I am such a cynic. Honestly, believe me when I tell you that they are desperate for diversion or some miracle to happen to turn their popularity around. Maybe they are hoping Henry will give them some star power? Haha! It will be funny to watch.

In any case, the boy and anyone else for that matter is most welcome to Auz for a great holiday anytime you like. We will place a shrimp (prawn we call them) on the Bar-B-Q for y'all!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://regalmajesty.tumblr.com/post/...-6-2013-prince
Old 06-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry and Cressida apparently at Glasto Festival.

Prince Harry Watch ‏@HWalesWatch 2h
RT @richardaeden: According to @neil_mccormick rumour has it that Prince Harry is visiting @GlastoFest today.

RT @Astrowolf81: Prince Harry is actually in the John Peel Stage Bar. Someone call Gillespie!

Prince Harry Watch ‏@HWalesWatch 50m
RT @hellomag: Prince Harry and his girlfriend Cressida Bonas are at #Glastonbury

Old 06-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/pub/21p...s/cressida.jpg

Cressida at Glasto

Old 06-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Ok, that is one hideous look!!
Old 06-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Royal Highness

It is. I didn't think people were still using scrunchies outside gymnastics.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Ok, that is one hideous look!!
Yes it is - and I for one wore it in MY youth. Cressie is one big breath of fresh air. That's what youth is for, IMHO.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

A pic from Glastonbury
Who's that cool cat in a hat? It's Prince Harry at Glasto | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 07-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 20m
Prince Harry has qualified as an Apache helicopter commander, St James's Palace said today.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 16m
Prince Harry's new role as an aircraft commander places him at the top of his profession, senior officers say

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 15m
Harry's rank as a Captain doesn't change but his new status places him in charge of his aircraft, just as Fl Lt Will Wales is captain of his

Closed Thread