The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
We will have to wait to see how much charity work Harry does or if he becomes Holiday Harry.

Was it Charles' idea to get Harry to join the protection of red squirrels or was it Harry's idea to protect one of his own?
I think Harry has gotten away with a lot because he was young and wild. When he hits 40 this benefit will be gone, even more so, should he not be doing something of purpose by then and live a luxury lifestyle for everyone to see. I agree with other posters that he is at a difficult crossroads now.

And just in case after 'Airmiles Andy' follows 'Holiday Harry', we know for sure that the british tabloids read TRF. We've seen it here first!

Old 03-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

Well I'm glad he won't be in another combat.
If he needs a role model in being a decent royal, it's his aunt Anne.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 03-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Majesty

Yes, excellent idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Old 03-01-2015, 11:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
While I deeply respect and admire our Princess Royal, why only Anne? Edward is the poster child for overcoming the innate difficulties of "having an ordinary life" in the UK.

Both he and his wife tried to have careers but it didn't matter what they tried, they were always accused of "using the BRF", and sadly Harry would be in the same position were it not for learning from his uncle and aunt. So, like them, he seems set the go the "Royal" way of becoming a Full Time Royal which really only allows him to function in a limited sphere of a mix of royal and charity apperarances.

On the upside, I see he has taken the plight of the Red Squirrel, one of his father's pet projects, to heart. Here's to hoping he becomes more involved with his father's charities.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
On the upside, I see he has taken the plight of the Red Squirrel, one of his father's pet projects, to heart. Here's to hoping he becomes more involved with his father's charities.
I agree. I think it would be perfect for Harry to step into Charles' Prince's Trust.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:44 PM
Majesty

This also put a smile on my face.

https://twitter.com/HWalesWire/statu...001600/photo/1
Old 03-12-2015, 01:37 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The recent posts talking about Harry finding love in Australia or New Zealand have been moved to the Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2015 thread.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

According to Robert Jobson (via Twitter and Evening Standard) Harry is leaving the Armed Forces in June. He will spend 4 weeks in April and May seconded to the Australian Defence Force. He is expected to spend time at Army Barracks in Darwin, Perth and Sydney. He will then undertake a toyal tour of NZ in May after the secondment.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

According to Jobson he is spending time in Africa this summer as well.

I hope Harry has thought this through. The army was his get out of jail free card and immunised him from criticism.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

I hope Harry has thought this through. The army was his get out of jail free card and immunised him from criticism.

Yes I hope he finds a job that will keep him busy, happy, and be worthwhile with not too many holidays

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-17-2015, 01:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

I hope Harry has thought this through. The army was his get out of jail free card and immunized him from criticism.
I have a hunch he didn't have a choice. He had become a liability. My suspicion is that this has been a done-deal since the Las Vegas episode (and all the hoopla with the naked soldiers on-line in 'solidarity' with Harry) as well as the unfortunate interview in Afghanistan that followed. Basically, he was given desk-duty and had to lay low for a considerable time so that when he exited it would not look like a cause-and-effect. That's my hunch.

He cooked his goose a long while back. They did it this way because (let's face it) he's royal. This way, he's 'saved face'.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:36 AM
Majesty

I don't think that at all. The military situation has totally changed in both Afghanistan and Iraq, so too the military deployments. Add to that the fact that flying Apache's is a "young man's game" and Harry started out later than his fellow pilots.

If I know anything, it's the military attitude to "boys (Officers) will be boys" and love him or hate him, Harry was one of the best "Poster Boy's" for the Military in decades.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:22 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

At 41 pages, it's time for Harry to have a new current events thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1760517