The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 10:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
That's bound to cause a stir. Perhaps as Will has more children Harry can request an end to security?
Given the state of the world, I don't think Harry can ever be without security.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
It could be you, AA!!!!!
Yep, t'will be I to be sure. That being so, you and your family are 100% guaranteed an invitation to the engagement and wedding. How's that?!

PS. I do have a thing for red heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I wonder how the British taxpayers will like the idea of paying the cost of Harry's security if he is going to spend a considerable amount of time outside the UK. That security has to have first class travel and hotel accommodation, as was reported when Eugenie was on her gap year. They are also only away from home for about two weeks at a time - so anything longer than that and the security team is changed - first class airfares out and back and first class hotels - for when they are off duty. The on-duty part of the team are with the protectee but they are only on duty for 8 hours at a time - with Harry therefore there would be 6 officers - 2 on duty and 4 off duty.
Hah! I wonder what the Australian tax payer will think of this! I can tell you that as an Australian tax payer (who has a thing for red heads) DO NOT want to fund his trip here!!!

Old 02-28-2015, 11:09 PM
Heir Apparent

The main reason that Harry will need security for the foreseeable future is that he fought in Afghanistan for his country.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-28-2015, 11:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
My God.. he is the cross between Prince Charles and Prince Philip...wow... so handsome.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/9353babb4...9pdho1_500.jpg

Such a gorgeous picture! Wow! He's so handsome, just ridiculously good looking!
Old 02-28-2015, 11:20 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post

Do you think Prince Henry will divide his time with each of the three main branches: youth, army, and conservation?
Or will he concentrate on one branch and only one branch?
The article posted said he wanted to work more with his charities and to spend time working on conservation in Africa. IIRC, TUSK does a lot of work in Africa (both Harry and William have been in a documentary with Ben Fogel about this), Sentebale is a joint effort for the children of Lesotho and Harry has done a lot of work for wounded servicemen so that does cover all three of the basic categories for the Foundation although perhaps not all included in the Foundation.

I just brought up the Royal Foundation as someone suggested that to be structured, he could take on some of Charles' causes with the Prince's Trust. I think he has plenty to keep him busy with his own foundation.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-28-2015, 11:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The main reason that Harry will need security for the foreseeable future is that he fought in Afghanistan for his country.
Correct. As well as his ill-advised comments and behavior. He can never be without security as a result. Sad but true. He likely has learned the hard way after the fact. Consequences must be lived with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I just brought up the Royal Foundation as someone suggested that to be structured, he could take on some of Charles' causes with the Prince's Trust. I think he has plenty to keep him busy with his own foundation.
That would be outstanding. Hope he does so.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:36 PM
Royal Highness

We will have to wait to see how much charity work Harry does or if he becomes Holiday Harry.

Was it Charles' idea to get Harry to join the protection of red squirrels or was it Harry's idea to protect one of his own?
Old 02-28-2015, 11:41 PM
Courtier

Dratts! He goes to Darwin or Melbourne. There goes my chance and your invites Giraffe!!!

Prince Harry likely to be deployed to Australian regiment
Old 02-28-2015, 11:52 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Foundation to me seems more like a grant making organization. They raise the money and then direct to various projects/charities that do the actually hands on work.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-28-2015, 11:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Darwin is a very nice place for a holiday, and you never know who you might bump into!
Old 03-01-2015, 12:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Darwin is a very nice place for a holiday, and you never know who you might bump into!
Hehehehe! Hmm....
Old 03-01-2015, 12:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Dratts! He goes to Darwin or Melbourne. There goes my chance and your invites Giraffe!!!

Prince Harry likely to be deployed to Australian regiment
What! You must go to Darwin at one! Make haste, AA!
Old 03-01-2015, 02:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
What! You must go to Darwin at one! Make haste, AA!
Oh, I would except my arthritis is playing up, and I really don't want to miss that appointment to upgrade my dentures...
Old 03-01-2015, 05:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Oh, I would except my arthritis is playing up, and I really don't want to miss that appointment to upgrade my dentures...
Cold feet! Cold feet!
Old 03-01-2015, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

I can only wish all our Australian friends the best of luck in their chances of meeting Harry!

With regard to future security for Harry, I would have no problem in whatever security arrangements there might be for him if he were to spend time in Africa, provided what he does out there has great value and worth to the people he is helping and we back in the UK have some understanding of what he is actually doing.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Cold feet! Cold feet!
Cold indeed. Must be that circulation problem I have.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Aristocracy

Harry is independently wealthy so outside security, he costs the crown very little.
We should be rejoicing that he plans a career with his charities, Harry could easily retire to a large estate or join wealthy jet setters.

Since the games, how much time has Harry spent in the active Army?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 03-01-2015, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry expenses are covered by his father's income from the DoC which the money will go to his brother when Charles becomes King. Harry isn't going to a have a private income source like his brother and father will. Harry has inherited 10-20 million but that isn't going to sustain a jet set lifestyle or a large estate for very long.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Given the state of the world, I don't think Harry can ever be without security.
One advantage of working in the armed services, even as a civil adjunct, is that it comes with a built in level of security for much of the work day. Of course, an office in BP does that as well, but I've always thought Harry had too much wanderlust to live a life in any single pile of bricks.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post

Because if Harry isn't in the military, isn't doing UK Royal stuff and starts jet setting around the world but isn't seen actually doing anything- it could be Airmiles Andy part 2.

That was my immediate thought.

I always thought Andrew made a mistake in leaving the navy when he did; I hope Harry won't regret this decision.

Closed Thread