The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #721  
Old 02-27-2015, 07:19 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post


The article mentioned that Prince Henry could continue to work for the Ministry of Defense but as a civilian.
Please elaborate.
non-military can work for the MoD - so it is possible that Harry could take of a role responsible for Military welfare that doesn't require a military rank.

Many of the Government departments have peole working for them that are not civil servants or military. I have worked for a government department in an advisory capacity, so it is v flexible.
__________________

__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #722  
Old 02-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,542
Not a surprise in my view. I think he was looking at permanent desk duty due to numerous issues in the past. His only option for a more free life was likely resignation. Wish him well, but must be a disappointment for him. Hopefully he will find a genuine interest that engages him over the years.
__________________

__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #723  
Old 02-27-2015, 11:52 PM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 889
The appears to me that juggling both jobs is almost impossible for him. I would expect military work requires a full time commitment in order for his duties to be performed well and for up-ranking to be fair.

I think this is a logical solution.
__________________
  #724  
Old 02-28-2015, 12:13 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
The appears to me that juggling both jobs is almost impossible for him. I would expect military work requires a full time commitment in order for his duties to be performed well and for up-ranking to be fair.

I think this is a logical solution.
I agree. And if working with a charity gives him more hands on time to help wounded instead of sitting behind a desk, I think it's worth it!
__________________
  #725  
Old 02-28-2015, 05:01 AM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 889
Ooooh la la! Henry might meet his next girlfriend in Auz
Prince Harry set to move to Australia, British newspaper reports

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-projects.html
__________________
  #726  
Old 02-28-2015, 05:32 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
What use will that be to our army? Just sounds like an all-expenses paid holiday in Australia before he retires from the army.

If he's coming, he'd better get a wriggle on. Time's running out. Tomorrow's the first of March and Anzac Day is the 25th April. There's not much more than "several weeks" to go. Those officials who are organising it all had better pull their finger out and get cracking.

I've long thought that Harry's future lies in Africa. He has a real interest in Sentabele and his training can be of real use to him if he takes on a serious role in his charities and wildlife conservation/preservation.

Interesting that HM's three most senior grandchildren after William are pursuing futures outside the UK.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #727  
Old 02-28-2015, 05:33 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 6,277
I predicted this a while go. As long as he stays busy , things should work out.
__________________
  #728  
Old 02-28-2015, 05:45 AM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
What use will that be to our army? Just sounds like an all-expenses paid holiday in Australia before he retires from the army.

If he's coming, he'd better get a wriggle on. Time's running out. Tomorrow's the first of March and Anzac Day is the 25th April. There's not much more than "several weeks" to go. Those officials who are organising it all had better pull their finger out and get cracking.

I've long thought that Harry's future lies in Africa. He has a real interest in Sentabele and his training can be of real use to him if he takes on a serious role in his charities and wildlife conservation/preservation.

Interesting that HM's three most senior grandchildren after William are pursuing futures outside the UK.
This must be courtesy of Mr Abbot you think? Hahaha! It may be more popular then what he offered the queen's husband!! And that nearly put the cherry on top and cost him his job.
__________________
  #729  
Old 02-28-2015, 08:21 AM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,148
Maybe that's where Harry got the idea from hanging with the York Girls.

I can't see them announcing anything while William is on tour in Japan & China. But the attachment to Australia has potential to appear like a vacation ploy if he only spends a couple of weeks and then goes to Turkey for the anniversary.

He needs to take a page from William and get a job at a charity even if it's just Senteable. Not just disappear out of the country with no defined role. Because if Harry isn't in the military, isn't doing UK Royal stuff and starts jet setting around the world but isn't seen actually doing anything- it could be Airmiles Andy part 2.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________
  #730  
Old 02-28-2015, 08:56 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,658
It's one of the reasons why we have to wait for the details in the official announcement. The said projects that he will undertake, all take time to develop, so he will have to up his game on official royal duties in the meantime.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #731  
Old 02-28-2015, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Maybe that's where Harry got the idea from hanging with the York Girls.

I can't see them announcing anything while William is on tour in Japan & China. But the attachment to Australia has potential to appear like a vacation ploy if he only spends a couple of weeks and then goes to Turkey for the anniversary.

He needs to take a page from William and get a job at a charity even if it's just Senteable. Not just disappear out of the country with no defined role. Because if Harry isn't in the military, isn't doing UK Royal stuff and starts jet setting around the world but isn't seen actually doing anything- it could be Airmiles Andy part 2.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I agree. He must have a defined role told to us. We all saw the fiasco of Williams "gap year". They probably had the plan of him flying again and waited out if people was staying healthy. But since we didn't know that it just looked like an entitled 30+ year old taking a year off. We don't want the same situation with Harry.
__________________
  #732  
Old 02-28-2015, 02:02 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I agree. He must have a defined role told to us. We all saw the fiasco of Williams "gap year". They probably had the plan of him flying again and waited out if people was staying healthy. But since we didn't know that it just looked like an entitled 30+ year old taking a year off. We don't want the same situation with Harry.

I think it's even more important with Harry than it was for William. No matter what William does in the near future, in the long term he will be DoC/PoW and then King. Harry doesn't have that in his future so he needs a purposeful role for the rest of his life. I wonder if he could take some of his father's prince's trust work over sort of like how Edward & Sophie are involved with the DoE award scheme.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________
  #733  
Old 02-28-2015, 02:20 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 10,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I think it's even more important with Harry than it was for William. No matter what William does in the near future, in the long term he will be DoC/PoW and then King. Harry doesn't have that in his future so he needs a purposeful role for the rest of his life. I wonder if he could take some of his father's prince's trust work over sort of like how Edward & Sophie are involved with the DoE award scheme.
I think as Harry plans to focus on his charities and causes, it just might be a larger and more hands on role with The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. The three main branches of the foundation are youth, army and conservation and there's a lot for Harry to get involved with.
__________________
I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #734  
Old 02-28-2015, 06:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I agree. He must have a defined role told to us. We all saw the fiasco of Williams "gap year". They probably had the plan of him flying again and waited out if people was staying healthy. But since we didn't know that it just looked like an entitled 30+ year old taking a year off. We don't want the same situation with Harry.

I hope it is a defined role and one that doesn't stop for 2 months of the year for holidays like Beatrice has been doing that's not a good look IMO
The royals are able to make a real difference with their charity work if the hard work is put in.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________
  #735  
Old 02-28-2015, 06:49 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 11,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
]] Not just disappear out of the country with no defined role. Because if Harry isn't in the military, isn't doing UK Royal stuff and starts jet setting around the world but isn't seen actually doing anything- it could be Airmiles Andy part 2.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Andrew had a 'defined role' when he left the navy - after more than 20 years service - and that was as the Trade Ambassador - a role he filled for about 10 years.

Andrew also took on some of his father's interests - e.g. Outward Bound.
__________________
  #736  
Old 02-28-2015, 07:57 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 3,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think as Harry plans to focus on his charities and causes, it just might be a larger and more hands on role with The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. The three main branches of the foundation are youth, army and conservation and there's a lot for Harry to get involved with.
Do you think Prince Henry will divide his time with each of the three main branches: youth, army, and conservation?
Or will he concentrate on one branch and only one branch?
__________________
  #737  
Old 02-28-2015, 08:57 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
It could be you, AA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
What use will that be to our army? Just sounds like an all-expenses paid holiday in Australia before he retires from the army.

If he's coming, he'd better get a wriggle on. Time's running out. Tomorrow's the first of March and Anzac Day is the 25th April. There's not much more than "several weeks" to go. Those officials who are organising it all had better pull their finger out and get cracking.

I've long thought that Harry's future lies in Africa. He has a real interest in Sentabele and his training can be of real use to him if he takes on a serious role in his charities and wildlife conservation/preservation.

Interesting that HM's three most senior grandchildren after William are pursuing futures outside the UK.
That is interesting - are they really settling down outside of Britain, or are these just temporary stops? I can't blame them for wanting out of Britain- Diana and Fergie did too.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #738  
Old 02-28-2015, 09:05 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 11,301
I wonder how the British taxpayers will like the idea of paying the cost of Harry's security if he is going to spend a considerable amount of time outside the UK. That security has to have first class travel and hotel accommodation, as was reported when Eugenie was on her gap year. They are also only away from home for about two weeks at a time - so anything longer than that and the security team is changed - first class airfares out and back and first class hotels - for when they are off duty. The on-duty part of the team are with the protectee but they are only on duty for 8 hours at a time - with Harry therefore there would be 6 officers - 2 on duty and 4 off duty.
__________________
  #739  
Old 02-28-2015, 09:57 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,629
My God.. he is the cross between Prince Charles and Prince Philip...wow... so handsome.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/9353babb4...9pdho1_500.jpg
__________________
  #740  
Old 02-28-2015, 10:37 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I wonder how the British taxpayers will like the idea of paying the cost of Harry's security if he is going to spend a considerable amount of time outside the UK. That security has to have first class travel and hotel accommodation, as was reported when Eugenie was on her gap year. They are also only away from home for about two weeks at a time - so anything longer than that and the security team is changed - first class airfares out and back and first class hotels - for when they are off duty. The on-duty part of the team are with the protectee but they are only on duty for 8 hours at a time - with Harry therefore there would be 6 officers - 2 on duty and 4 off duty.
That's bound to cause a stir. Perhaps as Will has more children Harry can request an end to security?
__________________

__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017 JessRulz Current Events Archive 1306 07-01-2017 07:05 AM
Prince Harry Current Events 11: March-April 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 238 04-27-2006 02:09 PM




Popular Tags
beatrice (1986- ) birthday canada carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge gala dress family general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta pilar infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín juan urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein meme monarchy news nobel 2017 pablo urdangarín portugal prince alexander prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar prince sebastian princess alexandra of luxembourg princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess diana lady spencer princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal spain spanish jewels state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge fashion uae wildlife victoria zog



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises