The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Courtier

Mm...there are some on this forum that know the posse he hangs out with that could assist I think.

Old 02-21-2015, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry is grounded: Prince to stay in Army... but he will never fly combat helicopters again* | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
He once described his role as an Apache pilot fighting the Taliban as ‘the best experience ever’.

But Prince Harry has now decided never to fly a combat helicopter again.

The Prince, who spent five months in the cockpit of a gunship in Afghanistan, has opted to hang up his flying goggles, even though the Army is short of pilots.

Prince Harry, 30, or Captain Wales as he is called in the Forces, was expected to return to the skies with the Army Air Corps after arranging the Invictus Games – the Olympic-style event for wounded service personnel held in London last year.

But The Mail on Sunday can reveal he has told military top brass he wants to continue working with injured troops before returning next year to his parent regiment, the Blues and Royals.

Old 02-21-2015, 07:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Mm...there are some on this forum that know the posse he hangs out with that could assist I think.
Probably are :P I'm not one of them.

But does he know any Swedes that we know of? Otherwise, going to Sweden to party (in the winter none the less) seems a little far fetched :P (Not to under-sell my country :P)
Old 02-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Probably are :P I'm not one of them.

But does he know any Swedes that we know of? Otherwise, going to Sweden to party (in the winter none the less) seems a little far fetched :P (Not to under-sell my country :P)
I'm not one of them either, I have enough issues remembering people in my own acquaintance! Someone might make a comment...

Anyone of these guys in there? Haha!
https://www.facebook.com/38773032458...type=1&theater

His decision to leave flying sounds logical to me. Did he not make a comment about his struggle to keep up the flying hours because of royal duties?
Old 02-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

From
Prince Harry, 30, or Captain Wales as he is called in the Forces, was expected to return to the skies with the Army Air Corps after arranging the Invictus Games – the Olympic-style event for wounded service personnel held in London last year

No he wasn't - except for press making up a story. He was on secondment to the ARmy Air Corps and he went back to his regiment when the secondment finished. AAC are bringing in new helicopters to replace the Apache (this has been known for quite a while, certainly when Harry was still with them).

Going back always meant retraining for a job with a remarkably short time-span. At 30, he is past the optimum age for retraining - painful that 30 is deemed "old" - but his responses are already slowing.

Non-story. IMO it would help the DM if they read their previous output. Then stories like this would not appear.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
From
Prince Harry, 30, or Captain Wales as he is called in the Forces, was expected to return to the skies with the Army Air Corps after arranging the Invictus Games – the Olympic-style event for wounded service personnel held in London last year

No he wasn't - except for press making up a story. He was on secondment to the ARmy Air Corps and he went back to his regiment when the secondment finished. AAC are bringing in new helicopters to replace the Apache (this has been known for quite a while, certainly when Harry was still with them).

Going back always meant retraining for a job with a remarkably short time-span. At 30, he is past the optimum age for retraining - painful that 30 is deemed "old" - but his responses are already slowing.

Non-story. IMO it would help the DM if they read their previous output. Then stories like this would not appear.
This seems very much like the truth.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Anyone of these guys in there? Haha!
https://www.facebook.com/38773032458...type=1&theater
You mean Chelsy?
Old 02-22-2015, 01:37 AM
Heir Apparent

That fellow beside Harry as they are coming out of the coffee house, zipping up their jackets, looks like Adam Bidwell. He's one of Harry's friends and used to go out with singer Katherine Jenkins. It could just have been a celebration of the birthday of one of the group.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
That fellow beside Harry as they are coming out of the coffee house, zipping up their jackets, looks like Adam Bidwell. He's one of Harry's friends and used to go out with singer Katherine Jenkins. It could just have been a celebration of the birthday of one of the group.
Ok :) But still doesn't explain, why here? :P
Old 02-23-2015, 09:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
You mean Chelsy?
Er...um...I...well, um...I'm sure I don't know what you mean dear.

Hehehehe!
Old 02-25-2015, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Er...um...I...well, um...I'm sure I don't know what you mean dear.

Hehehehe!

Old 02-25-2015, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

He was seen really connecting up in Northumberland with those who waited to see him in the cold and rain. And the red squirrels, which desperately need intervention and protection, were extremely cute. As is Harry!
Old 02-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
He was seen really connecting up in Northumberland with those who waited to see him in the cold and rain. And the red squirrels, which desperately need intervention and protection, were extremely cute. As is Harry!
Our Harry is growing up and finding his niche in the world. Its always been known that for his entire life, he wanted to be a soldier and then it was a passionate love of flying the Apache and serving active duty. After being there, doing that, and seeing the results of what can and did happen to his comrades, he's come to the realization that perhaps where he can best serve is to champion the causes to benefit his fellow servicemen.

As for the red squirrels, Harry probably got the heads up from his dad that they needed protection from their cousins that live around Highgrove.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Courtier

He is a fitting and charismatic champion of veterans the world over. Well done Harry!
Old 02-26-2015, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Prince Harry has paid a visit to the charity Armed Forces + Veterans Launchpad at Avondale House, in Byker, Newcastle which provides accommodation and support for Armed Forces veterans making the transition to civilian life. The Prince was shown around the residential House, which has 34 one-bedroom flats and communal facilities for leisure, training and IT services-

Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-27-2015, 06:11 AM
Moderator Emeritus

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Prince Harry to quit the armed forces later this year - UK - News - London Evening Standard

Prince Harry is to leave the armed forces this year, the Evening Standard can reveal today.

He has taken the decision to end his active military career after having served two tours of duty on the front line in Afghanistan with distinction.

Harry, 30, plans to focus on his charity work and aims to spend “a significant period abroad” on field projects in Africa. The Prince, known as Captain Harry Wales in the military, is keen to pursue his interests in “conservation and wildlife”. Until he leaves the forces and in future years, it is also believed he will focus on programmes to aid the rehabilitation of injured service personnel.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:21 AM
Majesty

That is big news, all the very best to Harry in his endeavours.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:22 AM
Nobility

Might be dissapointment in not doing active duty anymore. I hope all goes well for him.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

This is an absolute thunderbolt! I thought Harry was happy in the Army, though not in a desk job. He wanted to lead his men in the field and that doesn't seem to be an option.

I'm glad he's coming to Australia for a while, and of course Africa has always called to him. I'm sure Harry will spend some time in Lesotho in the future. I wish him all the best, but I have to say I didn't envisage him taking this path.

Closed Thread