The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Awesome! Love the last 2 pictures! I'd love to see Harry have a go at archery with Robert Hardy!

Old 01-30-2015, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Does Harry's lack of university education come into play regarding promotion?

My brother in law served in both the British and Canadian Army and retired a major but he needed to go back to school on two separate occasions to upgrade his education and he already had a bachelors degree,

I didn't think it was possible for officers in the modern army to advance without upgrading their education.
Military advancement depends on a variety of factors like who your parents are (LOL), time in service, military occupational/operational specialty, meritorious promotion and continuing education, to name a few.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry does so well in his engagements with service personnel, wounded vets etc. He blends in, is empathetic and has fun. I think he's terrific.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
But this isn't about sentiment or comradeship etc. This is about appropriate medical care, training, facilities, rehabilitation, housing, counselling, financial. implications, re-training into other army roles and processing the leaving of the armed forces. This is really really difficult stuff - processing/management not just the soft skills. It's the Army above the individual.

This could be make or break in his career.
I don't think for one moment that this is all about warm fuzzies. But Harry has been working with all those you mentioned and more importantly, with the men and women who are in need of their services.

It is very difficult stuff and I have every faith in his capabilities. But what makes me irritated, that in some way, any achievement that Harry has is made out to be courtesy of other's hard work. As if all of the international military cooperation enabling the Invictus Games was done by someone else, that having seen the US Warrior Games his dreams of Invictus were not his own, that he just came and took all the credit. After all, he would have had to have dealt with the Army above the individual to get that off the ground.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:46 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Prince Harry at The Battle Back Centre yesterday. He met staff and students from Royal Marine Commandoes who are on the Multi Activity Course and had a go at archery.
Shame this engagement did not deserve entry on the Court Circular
Old 02-02-2015, 05:05 AM
Courtier

♛ Prince Harry
Old 02-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I'll repeat myself but Harry is so great with kids! He looks so natural and interact with them with tenderness and fun at the same time...I really see Diana in him when he performs this kind of engagements!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:54 PM
Royal Highness

Yeah he's such a natural with little ones

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Nice seeing Harry at the academy
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B873KAlIcAEQUNA.jpg
Old 02-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry poses for selfies, sits among the cast and crew and resists eating popcorn as he watches the first screening of Nottingham-made film Guillemo

In pictures: Prince Harry attends film premiere at the Cornerhouse | Nottingham Post

The Prince Harry 'effect' helps to secure second year for youth project after Nottingham visit
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Prince...ail/story.html
Old 02-04-2015, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Prince Harry has been to Full Effect, a project supported by The Royal Foundation to improve the opportunities for young people and reduce youth violence in St. Ann's, Nottingham-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-21-2015, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry is in Stockholm
Hr lunchar prins Harry i Stockholm | Nyheter | Expressen
Old 02-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Haha, is he just here partying? :P Did not see that one coming. Ok, Harry's here in Sweden :P
Old 02-21-2015, 01:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
I had seen and I published on my blog. What Harry walk to do in Sweden?
Old 02-21-2015, 01:55 PM
Royal Highness

I watched the video. Apparently he was at a bar/nightclub Friday night with a larger group of friends including "one of the Skarsgrd brothers", don't know which but there you have it :P
Old 02-21-2015, 02:00 PM
Royal Highness

Harry could enjoy and visit the Royal Family of Sweden.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I watched the video. Apparently he was at a bar/nightclub Friday night with a larger group of friends including "one of the Skarsgrd brothers", don't know which but there you have it :P
there are many beautiful representatives of the genus homo sapiens in Stockholm!
Old 02-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Royal Highness

A rough translation of the beginning of the article (as of now) by me. And some other points from it.

Here, Prince Harry is "lunching" in Stockholm

Here prince Harry is having lunch at the celebrity bar Richie in Stockholm.
The British royal spent the weekend partying att the nightclub V at stureplan, according to sources to the Expressen.
- They were a big group and seemed to have a very nice time. He was with one of the Skarsgrd brothers, a guest said.

--
-Appearently he had at least 4 bodyguards with him.
-They stayed at the nightclub until almost closing.
-The table they had was closed of to the rest of the guests.
-Today he ate lunch and then went to a coffee house.
-KP said that they didn't know of any official reasons for him being there, nothing they could think of on the spot. And they said that if he was there privately they had no comment.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:12 PM
Courtier

Awesome! Now...WHO was he with? That might give us more of a clue as to what he was up to.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Awesome! Now...WHO was he with? That might give us more of a clue as to what he was up to.
The only person seen in the video with him has dark hair. I don't know what his normal friends look like. The only one we "know" is one of the Skarsgrd brothers was there :P

Closed Thread