Prince Harry Current Events 26: January 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
UKPrinceHenryofWales.gif

Arms of HRH Prince Harry of Wales

Welcome to the Prince Harry current events thread part 23

commencing January 2012 to March 2013

Part 22, covering the period August 2010 to December 2011, can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/prince-harry-current-events-22-august-2010-december-2011-a-28473-38.html .​

Last edited:
Harry seems to have been at the resort at the same time as Beatrice and Eugenie, but I haven't seen any indication that he was partying with them. He was evidently with a group of his own friends.

Did he and his cousins even meet, the entire time?

Paris Hilton strips topless for FHM | Mail Online

HarBear, say it ain't so! :sad:

Taking your clothes off in front of the camera isn't something normally associated with the Royals.
But when you're the heiress of a billion dollar empire - anything goes.
And Paris Hilton has stripped off for the front cover of FHM in the same breath as praising Prince William and brother Harry for being 'gentleman'.

Speaking of her love of London, Paris said: 'I love the vibe, the people, the accent... British guys are really different to the guys in America - they’re all such gentlemen and they’re far more mature.

'It’s just a different mindset. I’ve met a lot of nice British guys, I think the way that your parents raise you is a lot different, because you’re so polite and sweet. British guys are really hot.'
She then spoke of her friendship with the famous brothers, saying: 'They’re both very nice boys.

'When I was in London shooting a show for a few months, we went out a couple of times and I found them to be just such nice gentlemen.'

^^^^
This from the same woman who testified in court that she had been to London but had never been to England. Not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The comments on the Mail article about the party with Beatrice and Eugenie are not from the most well-informed people, I'd say.

Harry will be assigned to one of the Army Air Corps’ six Apache squadrons at RAF Wattisham in Suffolk,’ says an MoD source. ‘He is likely to be heading to Afghanistan before the end of the year.’
A Clarence House spokesman said: ‘It will be down to the MoD and people in charge of Prince Harry’s squadron, but it is his wish to return to the front line.’
KATIE NICHOLL: Prince Harry could be flying in Afghanistan 'before the end of the year' | Mail Online

Also interesting article, Harry visited this Hurworth pub on Friday before departing for Spain
http://www.theadvertiserseries.co.uk/news/9472080.Prince_Harry_drops_in_for_Hurworth_pub_lunch/

Prince Harry seems beloved by all- I wish him all the best in Afganistan this upcoming year!

Gosh, that Jamaica article is such a slam on Prince Charles. There will probably be a mass exodus of the island population to England before the government decides to chuck its Commonwealth status.

Harry in Afghanistan may be his pipe dream. I can't imagine he would do an entire tour...far too dangerous.

Just my opinion.

Harry in Afghanistan may be his pipe dream. I can't imagine he would do an entire tour...far too dangerous.

I believe the only reason he didn't do a full tour last time was because he was 'exposed'. There is no reason if they are in communication with the press why Harry cannot do a full tour.

Because of what happened last time is exactly why he went into a different branch and trained to fly Apaches... Its safer for him since he won't be on the ground with the majority of the troops. He will be able to go back and with everyone's blessing.

Because of what happened last time is exactly why he went into a different branch and trained to fly Apaches

Really? I didn't know there was a reason he switched.

The perceived wisdom is that Harry chose to start helicopter training because it was his best chance of seeing active service again. It just turns out that he is, by all accounts, an exceptional pilot.

Similarly, it's thought that the reason that William decided to join the SAR is because it allows him to serve 'properly' as it were, rather than sitting in an office somewhere.

Gosh, that Jamaica article is such a slam on Prince Charles. There will probably be a mass exodus of the island population to England before the government decides to chuck its Commonwealth status.

Becoming a republic does not automatically mean Jamaica will leave the Commonwealth. There are a lot of republics within the Commonwealth and even a few which have monarchs other than Queen Elizabeth II.

I believe the only reason he didn't do a full tour last time was because he was 'exposed'. There is no reason if they are in communication with the press why Harry cannot do a full tour.

In all reality, it seems to me that "someone" will expose him once again. His presence will be too newsy to pass up.

What is a "full tour" for British troops? U.S. troops' tours usually last for 12 to 16 months.

-------------------------------------------

The perceived wisdom is that Harry chose to start helicopter training because it was his best chance of seeing active service again. It just turns out that he is, by all accounts, an exceptional pilot.

Similarly, it's thought that the reason that William decided to join the SAR is because it allows him to serve 'properly' as it were, rather than sitting in an office somewhere.

Anyone have an inkling of what William will do after they disband his SARS unit?

Last edited:
In all reality, it seems to me that "someone" will expose him once again. His presence will be too newsy to pass up.

What is a "full tour" for British troops? U.S. troops' tours usually last for 12 to 16 months.

-------------------------------------------

Anyone have an inkling of what William will do after they disband his SARS unit?

By the time that happens he will have left the forces. He is supposed to leave in 2013 and the moving of the SAR to civilians is slated to happen in 2015. I wouldn't be surprised if William stays in the SAR until it ends though.

A full tour for British troops is 6 months I believe. I have heard this cited as the reason why the rate of PTSD is so much lower among British troops returning from Afghanistan than it is for US troops.

For some reason I had the idea that the MOD would be up front and open about Harry being in Afghanistan this time. Surely as a helicopter pilot he would spend the vast majority of his time either in the air or back at an extremely well secured base. As he wouldn't be on foot patrol this time the chances of anyone getting at him would be much, much lower. I could be wrong though. I just don't think a media blackout would work this time.

There is no reason to expose him when the MOD is up front about Harry's deployment. Seeing as this time the talk of him going to Afghanistan has been made public rather than kept secret, is evidence that Harry wants to go without the cloud of secrecy.

Has there been a bona fide missive from the MOD regarding his deployment? No, they don't give information on individual soldiers. Harry has said he wants to go, but that's no guarantee he will go. If he does go, I won't know if he's flying a helicopter or peeling potatoes. Fly an Apache and become a great target. Honest to goodness, I don't know how he can be a helicopter pilot of any kind with no math skills.

I'm not trying to run down his reputation, simply stating the obvious.

Im just glad Prince Harry will be around for the Queen's diamond Jubliee celebrations, as well as the Summer Olympics.

Has there been a bona fide missive from the MOD regarding his deployment? No, they don't give information on individual soldiers. Harry has said he wants to go, but that's no guarantee he will go. If he does go, I won't know if he's flying a helicopter or peeling potatoes. Fly an Apache and become a great target.
You seem to be under the impression that Harry "being a target" was the problem. Well it was as in as much it is to any soldier, but the concern was that Harry was a prime target and that upped the danger level for those he served with on the ground. That is why he rebranched within the Army to the Air Corps having serendipitously discovered he has a knack for flying. As to his endangering others as a helicopter pilot, well I believe that Apache Helicopters are prime targets in and of themselves so it is status quo!

Honest to goodness, I don't know how he can be a helicopter pilot of any kind with no math skills.
I think it would be obvious to everyone that he does not have to take his shoes off in order to count past 10! Wherever did you get the idea he had no maths skills? He wouldn't even have graduated from Sandhurst if he was that bad, or are you one of those that subscribes to the theory that someone else has taken his exams for him all his life?

I'm not trying to run down his reputation, simply stating the obvious.
Apart from your curious statement that you don't know if he's flying a helicopter or peeling potoatoes? I must be thick as a 4x2 because I'm damned if I know what was "the obvious". Care to elucidate?

C'mon, Marge, he had to drop geography and didn't even take any math courses. At Sandringham, if the majority pass; they all pass.

As yes, I would care to elucidate. Harry's duty (what, when, where) will have to be kept as secret as possible; therefore, he could be flying helicopters or he could be peeling potatoes.

Hope no further elucidation is required.

Honest to goodness, I don't know how he can be a helicopter pilot of any kind with no math skills.
Well since he is a helicopter pilot that would seem to suggest he does have math skills. One need not have a PhD in mathmatics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom