Prince Harry Current Events 26: January 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ I agree. The media will find out about everything in her life, her family and friends. And I suspect that a 4 times married mother and high society family, newspapers will be full of "interesting" stories :whistling:

Also, expect from now on, to have the reference of her sister and William in every article you read about Cressida

Oh, gawd, the editors of the tabloids should send Harry gift baskets and movie tickets and things. If you thought that the stories and commentary on the Middletons were bad, who do not appear to have such in skeletons in their closet, you might want to log off the internet.....:whistling:

Harry will have to marry a nun.... a Maria Von Trapp character who was found as a baby on the doorsteps of a church, and cloistered in some abbey and sent over to Kensington Palace at the age of 25. Perhaps some great show tunes will come out of it.

I love the image of harry with his girlfriend and sara, duchess of york!
It's so nice he go to cation with his aunt. I really wish to see the same image in william0s wedding, I miss sarah in that wedding.
It's really nice to se harry with sarah like family

I could've sworn Harry said during his interviews in Afghanistan that he was very much single. So either the relationship has been rekindled recently, or Harry was telling the media fibs.

This certainly seems to be a very public 'announcement' of their relationship. Wasn't William and Kate's relationship first brought out into the open on the slopes?

Batten down the hatches, Ms Bonas, the press are going to be coming at you big time.

I guess the "very much single" comment was to protect Cressida while he was away and give her the chance to decide for herself if she wanted to become his girlfriend or not. I believe if she hadn't wanted to meet him or the flame could not rekindled during their meetings after his return, the public wouldn't have known at all that they were still in contact.

Time will tell but snogging and having a girl on your lap does not necessarily mean a great romance. A great weekend certainly, but not necessarily a love story.

Not a chance.
Now that a relationship is confirmed, the press will look at Cressinda's entire life under a microscope. The lives of her family members and friends too, come to that.

They already did that when her sister dated William and became later betrothed to Sam Brabson. I doubt there is much more to find. Wonder what Charles thinks of blonde Cresside, the dance student....:whistling:

Time will tell but snogging and having a girl on your lap does not necessarily mean a great romance. A great weekend certainly, but not necessarily a love story.

I was thinking the same. I've eaten my words and passed from believing they were just friends to they are more than friends. But I wouldn't jump to the girlfriend conclusion yet

:lol::lol: no, I don't. But, you know, certain things I have to see before I conclude something. I don't believe the press 100%. Now that I saw with my eyes, it's another matter:p

My whole take on the relationship is that its just that. A relationship. Harry is still young and by no means will he be living like a monk in seclusion. I'd not be too quick to pin "serious" onto this relationship quite yet. I do think they enjoy each other's company but perhaps not to the point where they want to spend the rest of their lives together. Harry still has his military duties and I really don't see him settling down for quite a few years yet.

I'm torn on how serious I think this relationship may or may not be.

If we look at William, it seemed like his relationship with Catherine was carefully exposed to the public - whatever rumours existed before (and regardless of how not great William is with the press), it didn't seem like William and Catherine was really a confirmed thing in the news until they were serious about each other. They may have had their problems afterwards, but they waited until they were sure to make it public.

That suggests that this is something Harry is serious about. He's letting the public know that this is someone he's serious about. Except, Harry doesn't seem to have great skill at keeping more private things private. As such, it seems like either this was a carefully crafted way of letting the public know that this is something serious or something private that Harry accidentally let slip.

Well, I'm thrilled. I know nothing about Cressida's personality or hopes and dreams, but I love that she comes from a noble background. I'm one of those people who like to see royals marry royals, and a royal marrying someone of noble blood is the next best thing to me.
Based on what I've found on various genealogical webpages/databases, it appears Prince Harry and Cressida are related one another in several ways through the following individuals: 1st Earl Howe; 2nd Duke of Grafton; Edward I; Henry I of France; and Walter, the 6th High Steward of Scotland. <---------------I am one thrilled royal watcher today. :) I know they are only dating, not engaged to be married, but I can't help but cross my fingers and hope!

I guess it's all about wishing them well and just wait and see how everything goes. Now will she turn up at his polo charity matches? Will they go to their friends weddings together? etc.

Royal Wedding 2020, with Baby Cambridge as a Page Boy/Bridesmaid. :whistling:

I guess it's all about wishing them well and just wait and see how everything goes. Now will she turn up at his polo charity matches? Will they go to their friends weddings together? etc.

Would be nice to see Henry with a girl on his arm :)

I would agree that this has the hallmarks of a fun, casual romance, but I just doubt that Harry would've embraced her so openly in full view of the paps if that were the case. He could've enjoyed a few days with her without giving the press those pictures. It seems to me that he wanted people to know about it.

I am thinking he's following Williams game plan.

LaRae

She doesn't exactly come from a family with a history of stable relationships. Her mother has now divorced 4 times and her father has divorced twice and is now on his 3rd wife. Not exactly good examples of working through the rough times to make a marriage work. Both Diana and Sarah also came from broken marriages, their mothers having run off with other men. I know Harry does too but he has also had the example of his fathers stable second marriage as well as other examples in his family. It remains to be seen if Cressida has the stuff to stick with one man through thick and thin.
For sure her family should expect to become the focus of an increasing number of stories in the DM and other tabs. They are made for it. Growing up Cressida must have needed a score card to keep up with all the comings and goings in her family.

Last edited:
I would agree that this has the hallmarks of a fun, casual romance, but I just doubt that Harry would've embraced her so openly in full view of the paps if that were the case. He could've enjoyed a few days with her without giving the press those pictures. It seems to me that he wanted people to know about it.

Yes, he could have, you're absolutely right.

But why on earth would he want people to know about it? Did he not say at this last interview, or a fairly recent interview that while he wanted a wife and children, he felt no woman would want the position given the press attention. So why put a brand new relationship in full view of the paps - what worse way to put a damper on a budding relationship. Especially one where he knew that the young lady's mother has had four marriages, the father two, photogenic, It Girl siblings everywhere, and a sister who Will allegedly had a crush on. He just gave the tabloids red meat.

So why give the press this information, and display this relationship in full view? Could it be that the tabloid reports that Harry was rebuked by Ms. Bonas while in Afghanistan wounded his pride? In which case his decision to put this new relationship out in full view was to assuage his pride at the expense of Ms. Bonas' privacy and her family's privacy.

Maybe he wants to test her, see if she is made of sturdy enough stuff to withstand the media glare that comes from being in a relationship with a member of the BRF. Is she serious or will she court press attention? May as well find out now instead of later when it is too late.

Last edited:
Maybe he wants to test her, see if she is made of sturdy enough stuff to withstand the media glare that comes from being in a relationship with a member of the BRF. Is she serious or will she court press attention? May as well find out now instead of later when it is too late.

That's very possible. Although she has been in the spotlight for some months now - she and her family.

I don't think this is a new relationship. I think this is the next stage in an ongoing one.

LaRae

So why give the press this information, and display this relationship in full view? Could it be that the tabloid reports that Harry was rebuked by Ms. Bonas while in Afghanistan wounded his pride? In which case his decision to put this new relationship out in full view was to assuage his pride at the expense of Ms. Bonas' privacy and her family's privacy.

I doubt there's malicious intent on his part. I doubt it's a punishment for her, or that he's tossing her in the deep end to find out if she can swim. I just think he's not much of a strategist and hasn't thought it all through.

Or... He could have just wanted to go on vacation with his family and girlfriend. I am not judging how serious their relationship is or is not because, while the press have reported them being together as a couple, this is the first they have been photograph together(in the same picture LOL) so we shall see. I'm excited though. We haven't seen any of his other supposed girlfriends with him and especially not embracing.

Happy Dance!!!!!

*ring...ring...ring...*

Mr. Bonas? This is Michael Middleton calling. I thought I might ring you up to have a little chat...

;)

In all seriousness...I'm not going to read more into this than what we're seeing, but I will say this. After going through all that he did in Afghanistan, it's good to see Harry having a good and relaxed time w/someone he cares about. Whether it's really serious or not, time will tell.

*ring...ring...ring...*

Mr. Bonas? This is Michael Middleton calling. I thought I might ring you up to have a little chat...

;)

In all seriousness...I'm not going to read more into this than what we're seeing, but I will say this. After going through all that he did in Afghanistan, it's good to see Harry having a good and relaxed time w/someone he cares about. Whether it's really serious or not, time will tell.

The first part of your post had me laughing :ROFLMAO: :D. I agree with you; it's nice to see Harry enjoying his time after returning home from a war zone. From the pictures, it would seem that he enjoyed Cressida's company, and that's great. I hope that he finds what he is looking for in a partner for life. He deserves happiness just like anyone else.

Yes, he could have, you're absolutely right.

Maybe the relationship is more serious than we realise? If it is, Harry will know that he'll have to acknowledge it at some point to the world. Maybe he didn't want to do so until he was home from Afghan, otherwise Cressida would've been left to deal with the press alone? Embracing her is easier than issuing a statement to the press confirming that Cressida is his girlfriend.

If she was a 'here today, gone tomorrow' fling, I doubt very much that Harry would've been so publicly affectionate in the presence of the paps.

She doesn't exactly come from a family with a history of stable relationships. Her mother has now divorced 4 times and her father has divorced twice and is now on his 3rd wife. Not exactly good examples of working through the rough times to make a marriage work. Both Diana and Sarah also came from broken marriages, their mothers having run off with other men. I know Harry does too but he has also had the example of his fathers stable second marriage as well as other examples in his family. It remains to be seen if Cressida has the stuff to stick with one man through thick and thin.
For sure her family should expect to become the focus of an increasing number of stories in the DM and other tabs. They are made for it. Growing up Cressida must have needed a score card to keep up with all the comings and goings in her family.

Wowww..What a family history..I dont have anything on this personally to judge them. But all I can say is that kids coming from such families cannot be emotionally stable enough to go through the rough patches..
(The lovely romance, the glamorous wedding, the Oh they adore each other so much is all OK but once into marriage, there will be many testing times ahead.)
I am sure Harry will take his own time and use proper judgement and his "lessons from history" before going ahead..

I can't say that's really accurate. My parents divorced rather messily and I've been married almost 25 years to the same person.

LaRae

I agree. Harry's parents had a messy...well...everything and William is doing fine and I think Harry will also. I don't know how long they have been together but the press have been spotting them and reporting on their relationship since last May so its not like they started their relationship two days ago and he's thrusting her into he spotlight. Besides of all his other 'girlfriends' which one has been out in public with him or on a ski trip for that matter. So obviously it's not a 'weekend thing'.

Besides if parents' failures and screwed up lives are an indicator for the children's lives then there is no hope LOL.

Last edited:
Her parents' many marriages have probably shown Cressida what not to do when it comes to romantic relationships. It'll likely make her more cautious about making the ultimate commitment, which will do her no harm.

Well, we're not our parents mistakes but the masters of our own destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom