Prince Harry Current Events 26: January 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All will be well in the media once Harry get back to his official engagements. The journalist that's being hard on him now, will be drooling over him at the engagements.

So what is the old boy up to these next five weeks? Anyone know?

My guess he will get back to focusing on his charities and embark on some official engagements.

So what is the old boy up to these next five weeks? Anyone know?

No ones knows. He had a welcome home party this weekend and I imagine he wants to do nothing for at least two weeks of his 5.

Well, he said he works hard and parties hard, so my guess is that, since he has just finished working hard, he will party hard for a bit.

I'm betting he'll be doing his hard partying behind closed doors so we don't get to see him at it. At least I hope so. Not holding my breath though.

I'm betting he'll be doing his hard partying behind closed doors so we don't get to see him at it. At least I hope so. Not holding my breath though.

I'm not sure that what he does is exactly "partying". We have no idea about how he feels at the moment. In his last interview it seemed his spirits were a bit on the low side.

IMHO he has just experienced what he had wished he could but hasn't found what he was looking for. He was still "Prince Harry" to some other soldiers. He's now back in Britain, more the prince than ever now he is "hardened" by war and gets older, he is to become an uncle, so probably even in his own perspective is moving up one generation.

And he killed and has yet to make his own inner peace with that - and for a son of Charles that may take a while, for I don't believe he is such a simpleton when it comes to morals and conscience. As it was said by this American colonel in the Mail: Harry was the gunner of the Apache helicopter. He fired the missiles and he saw how this action not only killed people, but has been "blasting them to smithereens."

Maybe it's because I was born in the early 60ties in Germany. I recall seeing a lot of invalids as a child. I saw my father and some of his friends suffer from the guilt they felt on having been soldiers in the war. My, I only learned after his death (as did his wife, my aunt) that one uncle had been an SS-officer who had done atrocious things. I never liked him but I know he felt regret. For what I cannot say, maybe even for having lost the war? but it was clear to me that he was a somehow broken man.

Harry, too, will find out he's changed. War does that to you. And he'll need time to adapt to that knowledge.

I'm not sure we have ever seen the "real" Harry. We don't know how much trauma his mother's death left in him. What it really was that made him decide on becoming a soldier. The wish for once to be "one of the boys" which is only to be had in the military? But - as he just found out, it's not to be had even there. Still some "gawked" at him, he said. Still some (and there will always be some there) saw him as "Prince Harry" and not "Captain Wales". And this at the most extreme place a man can go: a soldier actually serving in a war zone. Not a Royal visiting the troups, but one serving there like the others.

He gave the ultimative sacrifice to his country besides his life: he lost his innocense on killing. And he talked honestly about it and about his experiences.

The result: the media grilled him and made him a laughingstock for their readers who have no idea what Harry actually went through.

I believe Harry will do a lot of thinking now. He will grow up now and must try to come to terms with his being a prince. His brother was lucky: he found a princess to share his ivory tower with it and she brought a loving family along. He still lives in the Royal ivory tower but with enough people to feel comfortable.

Let's hope Harry will find his own solution to the questions of his life.

I'm confused - Henry had a welcome home party this weekend. If that wasn't partying, what is it?

Normally "partying" means having too much to drink, having a bit over the top fun etc. What Harry had this weekend could be a much tamer thing, a party, yes, but not necessarily including "hard partying". Just wanted to say: we don't know. He could have been sitting there, talking to friends while listening to (okay, it was reported: loud) music. I just wanted to pint out that we don't know enough about Harry to know what kind of entertanment he had.

We don't know, but we can estimate given Henry's previous antics. Papers reported he stayed the night and went home at 10am the following day. If you can't party 'hard' at a welcome home party, when can you? I think Henry's learnt from Vegas to party hard behind doors.

We don't know, but we can estimate given Henry's previous antics. Papers reported he stayed the night and went home at 10am the following day. If you can't party 'hard' at a welcome home party, when can you? I think Henry's learnt from Vegas to party hard behind doors.

Exactly!

From my memories of parties with Vietnam vets, I'm impressed that he was conscious at 10 am, much less well enough to go home then. He deserves to party, and to party hard, and long. I just hope we don't see any evidence of it. I hope he has learnt that much.

I will be very grateful if someone will tell me where I can find the full interview on his return from Afganistan with prince harry -both in text and in video?

Lets not forget the last party he had "indoors":flowers::ROFLMAO::whistling:

Hopefully he will be able to enjoy himself, and everything will remain private :D

Normally "partying" means having too much to drink, having a bit over the top fun etc. What Harry had this weekend could be a much tamer thing, a party, yes, but not necessarily including "hard partying". Just wanted to say: we don't know. He could have been sitting there, talking to friends while listening to (okay, it was reported: loud) music. I just wanted to pint out that we don't know enough about Harry to know what kind of entertanment he had.

Mmm...by this definition I have NEVER partied. And all this time I though I was a yahoo who loves to party!:hmm:

The Telegraph is reporting that Harry felt the taste for blood when called on a mission in theatre of war. The Royal Family, latest news and gossip about the Queen of England and the British Royal Family - Telegraph

The more I read what he said, the more I think the MoD set a trap for him and he fell into it. He was relaxed and his guard was down, and he said things he should not have said, or said them in a way that appears flippant. For example, when he made the "take them out of the game" comment he was sitting outside with men running around behind him doing things and he kept looking around at them; his mind was on what was going on around him, not on the interviewer or the questions he was being asked.

The more I read what he said, the more I think the MoD set a trap for him and he fell into it. He was relaxed and his guard was down, and he said things he should not have said, or said them in a way that appears flippant. For example, when he made the "take them out of the game" comment he was sitting outside with men running around behind him doing things and he kept looking around at them; his mind was on what was going on around him, not on the interviewer or the questions he was being asked.

Now that's interesting but the question is WHY would the MoD want to set a trap for him?

Good question as he is, after all, their premier "Poster Boy" for the Army. I can't see them shooting themselves in the foot.

By the same token I do not believe Harry shot himself in the foot either. It is just that every single thing he said, even his body language, has been put under the microscope and dissected to death. Words and gestures have been taken out of context, etc. Anything that can make him look like a bloodthirsty, infantile, sociopath, you name it. Any undesirable slant you could possibly imagine is being put on Harry.

It is not enough that Harry wanted to be a soldier, and not surprisingly, the best soldier he could be. Oh no, that started out as a big positive. Harry had officially finally "grown up" but now, after acquitting himself well in the theatre of war, his actions are being viewed in an entirely new, nasty, and not a little creepy way.

Move over Vlad the Impaler, here comes Hooray Harry, fastest gun in the west!

it's great harry back home safe!

How literally does one take the term "current events" around here? Can we find out what he's doing right now, like some sort of Twitter feed?

How literally does one take the term "current events" around here? Can we find out what he's doing right now, like some sort of Twitter feed?

We find out 99% of all royal engagements and outings because of Twitter. There are several people you can follow if you have twitter.

Prince Harry Watch ‏@HWalesWatch
Tonight, Prince Harry’s following in the Cambridges' footsteps by attending a performance of Cirque de Soleil at Royal Albert Hall.

If you ever get to see Cirque de Soleil do so. Saw them a couple of years ago. Great show.

WHERE IS HENRY??? Wow he is hiding really well. See? They can be out of the public eye if they really, really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom