The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I was imagining Harry saying to Granny, "I need to lie low for a few days - any ideas?" She says, "Go to SAndringham, and I'll create a diversion."
Harry says - do you know how to do that?
Reply - "Of course I do, I'm Head of the Armed Forces -and I have a cunning plan. And I'll get to rest up at the same time!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Nobility

Seen leaving London's Rum Kitchen in the early hours of Saturday morning, Harry was joined by his new girlfriend Cressida Bonas.

Harry and Cressida were joined by Princess Eugenie of York, 22, at the popular restaurant and cocktail bar located in the heart of Notting Hill.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

Old 03-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Courtier

Well, looks like the Chelsy thread has hit a dead end. Chelsy must be sticking to her guns! So this does now look official but IMO Cressida looks too much like Chelsy for the relationship to be successful. By that I mean that I suspect what attracts Henry to Cressida may not altogether be "healthy" or "sustainable". The way in which the relationship started is also questionable (I am thinking Vegas).

Having said thus, I am happy to be wrong and do wish them well, but I would be lying if did not express my regret for the demise of the Chelsy/Henry union.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Nobility

I think the boy just likes blondes, like his father. His brother likes brunette. Not uncommon in fair skinned males.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Chelsy Davy, Florence Brudenell-Bruce, Cressida Bonas.....Harry does seem to have a "type".....
Old 03-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Nobility

It also keeps them from getting compared to DoC. That would be the next headline. He's in love with Kate, but he has to settle for (fill in name here). LOL
Old 03-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Getting back to current events.... The story of Harry going to Australia to take the salute for the centenary fleet review has re-emerged in the Telegraph

Prince Harry is asked to set sail in Australia - Telegraph

The article mentions that although he is in the army he is also Commodore-in-Chief of Small Ships and Diving.

Personally I dont think he should go - I think it should be the Queen or Prince Charles - he, at least, has served in the Navy and is a senior royal. IT is an important event for Australia and it should have a senior royal attend.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Getting back to current events.... The story of Harry going to Australia to take the salute for the centenary fleet review has re-emerged in the Telegraph

Prince Harry is asked to set sail in Australia - Telegraph

The article mentions that although he is in the army he is also Commodore-in-Chief of Small Ships and Diving.

Personally I dont think he should go - I think it should be the Queen or Prince Charles - he, at least, has served in the Navy and is a senior royal. IT is an important event for Australia and it should have a senior royal attend.
Hate to burst your bubble Cepe but my understanding is that he is being scouted for his media appeal so the event maximizes world coverage. An older member of the RF would not be as interesting to the world media. He is sought for the media attention he attracts, his celebrity if you like. Notice they are hoping he will hit Sydney's night spots hard! They are hoping for a Vegas style coverage!

By the way, the publicity is already generating interest, at least in the UK so their plan is working, even if he is a no show...they are clever!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Hate to burst your bubble Cepe but my understanding is that he is being scouted for his media appeal so the event maximizes world coverage. An older member of the RF would not be as interesting to the world media. He is sought for the media attention he attracts, his celebrity if you like. Notice they are hoping he will hit Sydney's night spots hard! They are hoping for a Vegas style coverage!
And that is exactly why Charles or Andrew should attend the event not Henry.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
And that is exactly why Charles or Andrew should attend the event not Henry.
It would defeat the purpose and not likely to give a "return to their investment". Won't get their money's worth if you like.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Courtier

This is not a fund-raising or something like that to do on basis of popularity and "getting back your money".
I really dont know how seriously Australian Navy seriously takes its Fleet Review.
But I think that it a very symbolic occasion to show off all their ships and naval might.
I dont think Harry is yet old enough to take salute at a Fleet Review.
In fact, till now till now its only the Sovereign (or previously represented by Guv-General/Viceroy) or The Prince of Wales (the latter only in case of ever-mourning Victoria) who takes salute at Fleet Review.
Actually the article doesnt confirm Harry's name. It just says one from RF will be there.
I am not sure Aussie Navy will be happy to have Harry at this "highest-profile event". Prince of Wales or atleast Duke of York/Princess Royal will do..
Old 03-17-2013, 08:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
This is not a fund-raising or something like that to do on basis of popularity and "getting back your money".
I really dont know how seriously Australian Navy seriously takes its Fleet Review.
But I think that it a very symbolic occasion to show off all their ships and naval might.
I dont think Harry is yet old enough to take salute at a Fleet Review.
In fact, till now till now its only the Sovereign or The Prince of Wales (the latter only in case of ever-mourning Victoria) who takes salute at Fleet Review.
Does it matter anymore? I mean, it is Australia not England and we don't much stand for that kind of thing anymore. Well, maybe the older generations do still but the idea of the invite is about coverage not tradition so much. And besides, most of the participants will be young and would prefer to see Henry than Charlie. You know, contemporary rather than a grandfather figure.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Majesty

Prince Harry's tour in Afghanistan | Spletnik.ru
Old 03-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Nobility

Prince Harry is actively in the mirror, and 3rd in line to the throne. Does anyone really think the military would prefer seeing Andrew, Anne or Edward? Not in this case.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Does it matter anymore? I mean, it is Australia not England and we don't much stand for that kind of thing anymore. Well, maybe the older generations do still but the idea of the invite is about coverage not tradition so much. And besides, most of the participants will be young and would prefer to see Henry than Charlie. You know, contemporary rather than a grandfather figure.
What I don't get is the point. What benefit does our Navy consider it will get from having world coverage for the Fleet Review? Surely everyone knows we have a navy, but other than other countries' navies, who else overseas will care? I'm quite sure that very few people in Australia who are not past or present serving members will give a damn about the Centenary Fleet Review. The only interest his visit holds for me is the possibility Harry will indeed do a Vegas in The Cross and make an idiot of himself.

If we do have to have a member of the BRF here for the occasion, I wish it were Charles, as I consider he is the only one who is appropriate. At a pinch, William, because one day he will be king and therefore at least has the potential - ie. should we not become a republic before then - to have a constitutional role in Australia. Neither Andrew nor Harry do, and Harry's too young, IMO.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
What I don't get is the point. What benefit does our Navy consider it will get from having world coverage for the Fleet Review? Surely everyone knows we have a navy, but other than other countries' navies, who else overseas will care? I'm quite sure that very few people in Australia who are not past or present serving members will give a damn about the Centenary Fleet Review. The only interest his visit holds for me is the possibility Harry will indeed do a Vegas in The Cross and make an idiot of himself.

If we do have to have a member of the BRF here for the occasion, I wish it were Charles, as I consider he is the only one who is appropriate. At a pinch, William, because one day he will be king and therefore at least has the potential - ie. should we not become a republic before then - to have a constitutional role in Australia. Neither Andrew nor Harry do, and Harry's too young, IMO.
Actually Roslyn, I think you are right, on all points, except that I do wish none of them would be invited as we don't have the need for it. But I am sure it is for publicity Henry is pursued and the hope of a Vegas as well as possibly to tackle what you have mentioned and try and engage the local disinterested (possible recruits?), especially if he hits the town!! Charles and Camilla did not attract the attention they are looking for, on their recent visit they were taken to existing (public filled) events. I am sure Harry could manage much more interest, especially from star struck girls.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

According to some tweets, Harry went to the movies today

Amberley Quinn ‏@amberquinnxo 4h
OMG prince harry is in the pictures with us!!!!!

Royal Fever ‏@RoyalFeverBlog 3h
Prince Harry sighted at the movies in London today (via @amberquinnxo and @izoconnor).
Old 03-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
According to some tweets, Harry went to the movies today

Amberley Quinn ‏@amberquinnxo 4h
OMG prince harry is in the pictures with us!!!!!

Royal Fever ‏@RoyalFeverBlog 3h
Prince Harry sighted at the movies in London today (via @amberquinnxo and @izoconnor).
WITH WHOM??????
Old 03-25-2013, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

WITH WHOM??????
Does it matter?
Old 03-25-2013, 05:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Does it matter?
Matter? Probably not, but I am interested to know if he took Cressida with him (or not).

Jullietteeeee, ajuda me. Sabes alguma coisa? Ela foi ou nao?

Closed Thread